Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #1
AUIIForte

Default AUII Auto Reving start

Hello everybody, I drive an AUII Forte, automatic transimssion, and completely stock :Reverend:

I've been reading alot on these forums, and I hear of people reving their cars to numbers like 3500rpm and dropping the clutch for a good start in a race on the track. So I was wondering, is it possible for me to do a start like this in my auto, by putting it in 'N' (Neutral), getting the revvs up abit, and the just clicking it into 'D' (Drive)?
If its possible with an auto, would it do alot of damage to the transmission?

PS: I love this site, I also love AU's

AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 01:37 AM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you did that, your next destination would be to the mechanic shop, not to the end of the 1/4.

Leave it in 'D' or '1', then put your foot on the brake and accelerator. People can achieve revs up to 3000-3500rpm, because they have changed their torque convertor and put a histall in. Meaning they can rev their car more, to give better take off.
Old 22-11-2005, 01:53 AM   #3
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default F##k

You only do that in hire cars!! You will stall your car up to 2200rpm. That is ok for now until you get mods, be gentle, it is an AU not a bogan's underpowered VT & although whilst our holden friends car will blow up, the AU will keep going but LONGETIVETY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually Histall coverter! Talk to casper & then phone JMM. :
Old 22-11-2005, 01:55 AM   #4
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Thumbs up First Post

P.s Welcome to the club!! First post!!!!!!!!!
Old 22-11-2005, 02:20 AM   #5
stiddy
Banned

HAHAHA D-Slamming.. ive done this.. in my young and foolish days..
not only did i rev it in Nutral and drop it into Drive..
I put it in Reverse, accelerated backwards at a great rate of knots, put it in Nutral reved it to about 4000rpm and droped it into Drive..

WELL you should of heard the snapping sounds and the shuddering the car made after that.. was one hell of a roll back and left some seriously heavy lines..

but i smashed the sun-gears in diff up, cracked the rear gearbox extention housing and twisted the gearbox mount, and also bent/bowed (yes) the tailshaft, and busted the unijoint...

by the way the car was a 1989 NA Fairlane.. (dad im sorry if you some how manage to read this) lol

and yes, welcome to AFF
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:12 AM   #6
AUIIForte

^^^^
hahaha that sounds like ALOT of damage!
wow, I was going to go onto the track and try the drop shift from N to D today, But luckily I read your replies before I left lol :nutsycuck

At the current time, I dont have any mods done to my car, so would my car still be ok if I tried your start off ideas (Push the brakes down, acelerate to the rpm, and let go of the brake)

The reason im asking this is because a friend of mine with is Saab 9-5 Turbo wants to race me on the tracks, and his turbo really kicks in (its completely stock). So I just wanted to know how to get a good start

Well again, thanks for the information, I hope to get some more replies :
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
stiddy
Banned

Yeah even your car being totally stock, if you "stall it up" ie. In Drive, brakes on, get revs upto 2000rpm and jump off the brakes, it will take off harder then just stepping on the acclerator..
good luck, let us know how it goes..
Old 22-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Stall it up till the vehicle want's to move, hold there and then on the gas progresivley, if you stall it up to much you will just will spin on the line, you want a good take off not a burnout.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
and also bent/bowed (yes) the tailshaft
LOL, aah, the good old days! i managed to SNAP in half the tailshaft on my old EA wagon by d-slamming it with 5 other blokes in it!!!
i have never dropped any auto car into gear ever since. although i did dump the clutch in mums car the other day and the whole front end kicked sideways! (VW Passat 1.8T stock)
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #10
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
Hello everybody, I drive an AUII Forte, automatic transimssion, and completely stock :Reverend:

I've been reading alot on these forums, and I hear of people reving their cars to numbers like 3500rpm and dropping the clutch for a good start in a race on the track. So I was wondering, is it possible for me to do a start like this in my auto, by putting it in 'N' (Neutral), getting the revvs up abit, and the just clicking it into 'D' (Drive)?
If its possible with an auto, would it do alot of damage to the transmission?

PS: I love this site, I also love AU's
thats the way drive it like you stole it and when it breaks what the hell claim it was stolen and do an insurance job on it.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
thats the way drive it like you stole it and when it breaks what the hell claim it was stolen and do an insurance job on it.
Not as simple as that my friend, unless you like the idea of fraud and the slammer and a future of extreamly high premium's from the insurance company's, that is if you can get insurannce.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 02:40 AM   #12
stiddy
Banned

its only 10 months jail........
Old 20-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #13
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I want to know if the Turbo Saab won. I'm betting it did :P

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #14
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
HAHAHA D-Slamming.. ive done this.. in my young and foolish days..
not only did i rev it in Nutral and drop it into Drive..
I put it in Reverse, accelerated backwards at a great rate of knots, put it in Nutral reved it to about 4000rpm and droped it into Drive..

WELL you should of heard the snapping sounds and the shuddering the car made after that.. was one hell of a roll back and left some seriously heavy lines..

but i smashed the sun-gears in diff up, cracked the rear gearbox extention housing and twisted the gearbox mount, and also bent/bowed (yes) the tailshaft, and busted the unijoint...

by the way the car was a 1989 NA Fairlane.. (dad im sorry if you some how manage to read this) lol

and yes, welcome to AFF

ROFLMAO .... that's Gold ... I would have loved to have been there when you did that.

If you are going to do something ... make sure you do i properly ... LOL
And you sure did
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #15
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargeEA
Although i did dump the clutch in mums car the other day and the whole front end kicked sideways! (VW Passat 1.8T stock)
FWD torque steer is fun ... I used to change lanes (without turning the steering wheel) when i snapped 2nd gear in my previous car (Proton Satria).
Old 20-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #16
stiddy
Banned

Mechan1k, you probably saw the fairlane, and you've probably seen my AU XR aswell...
im often terrorising windsor/wilberforce and at a mates house in east kurrajong..
Old 20-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #17
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Mechan1k, you probably saw the fairlane, and you've probably seen my AU XR aswell...
im often terrorising windsor/wilberforce and at a mates house in east kurrajong..
Does he live on EK Rd???
I live halfway along ... if you see a white AU ute ... with massive driving lights on the front ... that's me ... hahahahahaha

My fiancee's brother and wife moved in with us (at East Kurrajong) recently .... they used to live in Todd Row in Erskine Pk before they moved in with us.

Usually when i am driving along those roads I am on my way into work .. and not really paying attention ... although I have seen a few nice modded AU's lately out Wilberforce way.

If you see a white Territory with nudge bar and custom plates doing over the speed limit as well ... that's my better half hooning along ... LOL
Old 20-12-2005, 08:08 PM   #18
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Does he live on EK Rd???
I live halfway along ... if you see a white AU ute ... with massive driving lights on the front ... that's me ... hahahahahaha

My fiancee's brother and wife moved in with us (at East Kurrajong) recently .... they used to live in Todd Row in Erskine Pk before they moved in with us.

Usually when i am driving along those roads I am on my way into work .. and not really paying attention ... although I have seen a few nice modded AU's lately out Wilberforce way.

If you see a white Territory with nudge bar and custom plates doing over the speed limit as well ... that's my better half hooning along ... LOL

lol yeah he lives on EK rd... you've probably seen the MASSIVE parties, and cars out the front doing burnouts (or atleast the lines) on odd occassions..

i'll keep and eye out for ya..

ive got a silver Au xr6, lowered with big shiney chrome 18's and an aufalcon.com sticker on the rear 1/4 window.. and P plates hahaha
Old 20-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #19
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Hahahaha ... I think Josh went there ... I have seen one driveway with tyre marks on the road ... there's a water cartage place next door ... and they have a dirt track in the front paddock.

I think I know the place ... 1028 or something.
Old 20-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #20
stiddy
Banned

hahahaha yep, that would be the place...
theres also a laser that we have turned into a ute we thrash around the front paddock..
yeah i took josh out there to show him how the westies party :P
Old 20-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #21
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

LMAO .... oooh yeah.

OK ... back ontopic .... D-slamming is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD
Old 20-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #22
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I want to know if the Turbo Saab won. I'm betting it did :P
It would have without a doubt Casper. My mum drives a 9-5 2.3T and they have very meaty max tourque from 1500rpm held till 4500rpm. So they will get away from alot of falcons from a start , but obvouisly dont have the top end being a 2.3...

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post