Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #571
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik9 View Post
ok if we are even thinking of adding that. my votes in for the ford festiva just cause it has a draw under the passanger seat for chics shoes. ( couldnt help myself. we are going so far off topic)

http://www.schlueterhyundai.ca/Pages...?model=Genesis

doesn't sound too bad. what people need too understand there is more then just Holden vs Ford. either way you look at 5.3 sec from a standing start too 100km/h is pretty impressive. would give a stock XR6 turbo a run for its money. If Hyundai play around with that. you never know. it might one day be a threat
This user likes this post:
Old 19-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #572
Random Ranger
nondescript

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Because it doesn't fit in anything other than Viper and Ram Truck?

Combined sales of 300 are around 200/mth, I think it's a long bow to
suggest that Chrysler 300 is responsible for either HSV or FPV's demise..
And the hyundai I was referring to isn't even on the showroom floor.
What I'm getting at is, a few years ago we wouldn't have thought about the possibility of no falcon, and now the end looks like just over the horizon, possibly for the commodore as well, so to dismiss the 320kw 5ltr V8 4 door rwd hyundai without a second thought is akin to sticking your head in the sand.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #573
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ranger View Post
What I'm getting at is, a few years ago we wouldn't have thought about the possibility of no falcon, and now the end looks like just over the horizon, possibly for the commodore as well, so to dismiss the 320kw 5ltr V8 4 door rwd hyundai without a second thought is akin to sticking your head in the sand.
if we are talking about hyundai i pretty sure this threads graveyard dead
5 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #574
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik9 View Post
if we are talking about hyundai i pretty sure this threads graveyard dead
some people might think the same about FPV???? opinions are like ********* everyone has one

Last edited by AU1XLS; 19-05-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 19-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #575
stace650

I'm kind of puzzled by the fact that some people think all cars that are slower than this new Holden are therefore rubbish. All cars get superseded at some stage. That doesn't make them bad cars. I long for a X series Falcon with a V8, despite the fact that there are far better cars on the road nowadays. Hell, nearly every car is better really, if you take performance and fuel economy and handling as the main factors.

I own an 8 year old FPV. Compared to the new 'dore I'm sure it's a slow, gas guzzling slug. But that doesn't mean that the older Ford isn't a great car in its own right.

Thank God I don't think the world will be over for me when Ford stops making Falcons. I will certainly NOT be buying a Hyundai. I will just buy an older Falcon. I've never ever bought a new one anyway, and I've been driving them for 30 years.

'63 Mercury Meteor
Long and slow
Old 19-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #576
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Difference is the Genesis may be sold as a V8, ANY 4 door, V8 sold here is in the same market as Falcon/Commodore/300C.
Any?

Do you really think that BMW M5, Audi A8 or Mercedes S65 AMG buyers would even remotely consider a Falcon/Holden/Chrysler?

In saying this current V8 sedans in the sub $100k range are going to cop a flogging from Genesis and possibly some new Japanese products.

Nissan have a pretty good V8 in the patrol that would not do too badly in a sedan or coupe in the septic as well as our market.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #577
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Ranger View Post
............so to dismiss the 320kw 5ltr V8 4 door rwd hyundai without a second thought is akin to sticking your head in the sand.
that's why I didn't even mention the Hyundai, it's not even on sale here yet and there's no guarantee that it will be..

But here's a clue for you, in the USA - probably the largest and most generous market to a Hyundai RWD sedan,
the Genesis sales are actually falling year on year from, 3,548 in April 2013 to 2,584 last month.

Last edited by jpd80; 19-05-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 19-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #578
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace650 View Post
I'm kind of puzzled by the fact that some people think all cars that are slower than this new Holden are therefore rubbish. All cars get superseded at some stage. That doesn't make them bad cars. I long for a X series Falcon with a V8, despite the fact that there are far better cars on the road nowadays. Hell, nearly every car is better really, if you take performance and fuel economy and handling as the main factors.

I own an 8 year old FPV. Compared to the new 'dore I'm sure it's a slow, gas guzzling slug. But that doesn't mean that the older Ford isn't a great car in its own right.

Thank God I don't think the world will be over for me when Ford stops making Falcons. I will certainly NOT be buying a Hyundai. I will just buy an older Falcon. I've never ever bought a new one anyway, and I've been driving them for 30 years.

Agree 100% my F6 is a keeper! Given some serious coin has been spent to enhance the car, it now gives me great pleasure when I roll out the garage and head off.

Credit where it's due though, Ford have done a gret job with the SC Falcons, and they do look and go fantastic! OK, so you don't get all the mod cons, but that's just more things to go wrong...

The new GTS.. Well it's a great thing for the Red Team, seems most of the boxes have been ticked, I'm sure it will sell quite well, forget the tech stuff, that 430kw badge will attract buyers like flys, the smart ones will trade up ASAP to ensure a half decent price for their VE's.... The changeover price is what they are thinking about.

Price wise it's unfair to compare the SC cars to the GTS, folks need to look to KPM or Herrod for a real apples to apples, plus there is a warranty, if you really want the tech stuff, wait for the next Falcon, I'm sure it will be there.

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
Old 19-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #579
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Any?

Do you really think that BMW M5, Audi A8 or Mercedes S65 AMG buyers would even remotely consider a Falcon/Holden/Chrysler?

In saying this current V8 sedans in the sub $100k range are going to cop a flogging from Genesis and possibly some new Japanese products.

Nissan have a pretty good V8 in the patrol that would not do too badly in a sedan or coupe in the septic as well as our market.
OI meant to include a price barrier in my post but forgot about it, obviously a BMW, AMG, Audi buyer in Australia seeing as we get raped price wise for them wouldn't consider a Chrysler/FPV/HSV.

But anything else, anything V8/4 door under $50k is in the same market and anything between $50k and $80k is in the same market, with the GTS now being a bridge between cheap and basic from Australia/America and luxury/engineering expertise from zee Germans.
Old 19-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #580
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
OI meant to include a price barrier in my post but forgot about it, obviously a BMW, AMG, Audi buyer in Australia seeing as we get raped price wise for them wouldn't consider a Chrysler/FPV/HSV.

But anything else, anything V8/4 door under $50k is in the same market and anything between $50k and $80k is in the same market, with the GTS now being a bridge between cheap and basic from Australia/America and luxury/engineering expertise from zee Germans.
Like for like, prices are high on all cars, be they domestic or imported.
It's the cost we all must pay.
Old 19-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #581
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
that's why I didn't even mention the Hyundai, it's not even on sale here yet and there's no guarantee that it will be..

But here's a clue for you, in the USA - probably the largest and most generous market to a Hyundai RWD sedan, the Genesis sales are actually falling year on year from, 3,548 in April 2013 to 2,584 last month.
Does that mean they would like another market to sell into? Anyway, this is getting way off topic.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
Old 20-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #582
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I know they are minor things but the BADGES are FERAL and the red engine cover look CHEAP and nasty. I mean they look like they where designed for kids learning to read. This car better PEFORM amazing because it sure is an UGLY DUCKLING.
Old 20-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #583
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post

I can make do just fine without forged wheels, disc brakes any bigger than the current 6/4 Brembo's, heads up display and some of the other trinkets.

I understand what you are saying, not everyone needs or wants all the trinkets.

But give me a quality set of forged rims any day on any car.

You can feel the difference the instant you hit the accelerator.

3 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #584
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Like for like, prices are high on all cars, be they domestic or imported.
It's the cost we all must pay.
Well compared to America we pay more for everything, but the average wage is also higher than in America as well so it evens out.
Old 20-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #585
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWF6 310 View Post
Agree 100% my F6 is a keeper! Given some serious coin has been spent to enhance the car, it now gives me great pleasure when I roll out the garage and head off.

Credit where it's due though, Ford have done a gret job with the SC Falcons, and they do look and go fantastic! OK, so you don't get all the mod cons, but that's just more things to go wrong...The new GTS.. Well it's a great thing for the Red Team, seems most of the boxes have been ticked, I'm sure it will sell quite well, forget the tech stuff, that 430kw badge will attract buyers like flys, the smart ones will trade up ASAP to ensure a half decent price for their VE's.... The changeover price is what they are thinking about.

Price wise it's unfair to compare the SC cars to the GTS, folks need to look to KPM or Herrod for a real apples to apples, plus there is a warranty, if you really want the tech stuff, wait for the next Falcon, I'm sure it will be there.
Well said. Owning a HSV with that much tech and kit...well lets just say it would be best if one lived quite close to a HSV dealer
Old 20-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #586
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well compared to America we pay more for everything, but the average wage is also higher than in America as well so it evens out.
That's the point I'm making,
ALL manufacturers charge more for products in Australia than they do for similar in the US.
There's no way most of us are ever going to get around that hurdle.....

On topic,
The GTS is aimed at HSV buyers, most likely past GTS buyers who have been patiently waiting through
the last evolution of VE for something new, exciting and different to buy, VF GTS fits the bill perfectly.
I hope it's a roaring success for HSV, just as I hope that next years FPVs are a roaring success for Ford.
9 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #587
real time

just finished reading the GTS write up in wheels mag good luck to HSV for making it, but iam not going to sell my F6 to buy one
Old 20-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #588
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWF6 310 View Post

Credit where it's due though, Ford have done a gret job with the SC Falcons, and they do look and go fantastic! OK, so you don't get all the mod cons, but that's just more things to go wrong...

The new GTS.. Well it's a great thing for the Red Team, seems most of the boxes have been ticked, I'm sure it will sell quite well, forget the tech stuff, that 430kw badge will attract buyers like flys, the smart ones will trade up ASAP to ensure a half decent price for their VE's.... The changeover price is what they are thinking about.

Best post i have read in this thread so far, i agree wholeheartedly.

There are more posts about this new HSV on ford forums than any of the holden forums, i find that rather amusing
Old 20-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #589
AD07

Quote:
Well said. Owning a HSV with that much tech and kit...well lets just say it would be best if one lived quite close to a HSV dealer
And your point is based on what..????
Old 20-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #590
satria
FOXWHO

Quote:
Because it doesn't fit in anything other than Viper and Ram Truck?

Combined sales of 300 are around 200/mth, I think it's a long bow to
suggest that Chrysler 300 is responsible for either HSV or FPV's demise..
Ummm, you may want to check this out... It was released in the US a while back.... It at least fits in a Challenger

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/01/2...per-v10-power/

Driving a V10 viper would be on my list of things i must do before i die, but this would be the next best
Old 20-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #591
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
And your point is based on what..????
Previous ownership experience with a Holden, their quality control is appalling in my experience and with something that has this much kit and tech in it, I'd expect owners will be making frequent trips to get stuff fixed.

The more stuff they have in them, doesn't matter whether its cars, boats planes, (you name it), the more they go wrong.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #592
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
The more stuff they have in them, doesn't matter whether its cars, boats planes, (you name it), the more they go wrong.
Lol, my old man used to say that about power windows in the early 80's, a gimmick he said, they wont last...

Anyway, people pay good money for secure parking during the day in most cities, i'd be happy for HSV to look after my keys during the day whilst I was at work..lol
Old 20-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #593
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by satria View Post
Ummm, you may want to check this out... It was released in the US a while back.... It at least fits in a Challenger
That's not a street car, it's an off road drag strip package with a modified body in white......

We're getting further away form the topic at hand, the VF GTS - a limited run $100,000 car
intended for a specific HSV client who has been patiently waiting for a suitably updated car.

Would we as Ford fans be excited if say, FPV released a GT-H with the S/C 5.8 engine from the Mustang GT500
i think that package would also be worthy of a $100,000 price but I think we have buckleys chance of seeing that engine..

Last edited by jpd80; 20-05-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 20-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #594
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Best post i have read in this thread so far, i agree wholeheartedly.

There are more posts about this new HSV on ford forums than any of the holden forums, i find that rather amusing
closet holden supporters???
Old 20-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #595
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Have to remember that the Turbo and SC GT brought a few Holden supporters over to this side so it goes to show that they now are talking up their true love Holden and HSV when ON PAPER the new GTS is set to be the front runner of domestic performance vehicles, it is yet to be tested in the real world against some tough opposition.

I do know Holden had ongoing issues with the IQ system in the late VE models so I wonder how well these new gadgets of theirs truly work and how long they last.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #596
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really liked the Calais when it was unveiled, but this looks odd. Maybe it's the angle, but it looks very....un HSV-ish?
3 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #597
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

You nailed it Ryan
Old 20-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #598
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
closet holden supporters???
People who like cars?
4 users like this post:
Old 20-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #599
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
People who like cars?
that could be closet holden supporters?? nothing wrong with it but it also does amazes me how long this thread is considering it is a ford forum. take into account I have owned holdens before so i'm not exactly one eyed. I actually like the looks of the VF commodore sedan. I don't like this thing thou.
Old 21-05-2013, 03:20 AM   #600
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
People who like cars?
or football, meat pies, kangaroo's and...........

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
Closed Thread