Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #151
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Disaffected By Ford Ending Local Manufacture ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
What I dont get is the supposed Falcon fans who support Falcon but have now sworn off of buying a Falcon despite the fact its still on sale for another 3 years...
Surely this isn't that difficult to understand... Some people are disaffected enough to want to change brands next time...
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #152
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
There could still be Toyota.
Get toyotie to make a camry sized car with a 300KW V8 rear wheel drive,and watch them take those dwindling ford sales holden would hope for ....

Get the toyotie tundra here, watch them smash decent dual cab 4x4 sales to pieces , 300 KW V8, 5 tonne towing,makes the best of the best dual cab 4x4 here seem like toys ....

As harsh as fords decision was, maybe they were the smarter, because holden wont have a hope against toyota in the last two horse
Maybe its better to withdraw with dignity than get squashed to death ....
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #153
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Surely this isn't that difficult to understand... Some people are disaffected enough to want to change brands next time...
Absolutely.
Buying a new car is not all logical - in fact it is usually more driven by emotion than cold hard appraisal. Ford have affected that emotional bond on two occasions for me that I can think of - the loss of the v8, and now the loss of the Falcon. After the loss of the V8 I turned to Holden for a while, and have owned a couple of early model commodores in the distant past. I eventually swung back to Ford with the V8s returning, but they have lost me again. Am i "punishing" Ford for their decision? Probably yes. I think that is called spite.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #154
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If anyone's thinking about buying a Commodore over a Falcon they need to wait for the update on the Falcon then reassess. Ford still have a better driveline package to the moon and back, across the range, unless of course you have 100 kay to blow.

As for peoples grievances with Ford well yes I have been there myself and I have called them several times, and written to them with poor response. I have had some shocking cars over the years and some really good ones. I guess one thing we all need to remember is nothing is perfect, and as enthusiasts some of us want perfection, only problem is we don't want to pay for it.

I will buy another Falcon of some description in the next 4 years. Only difference this time is it wont be new and I won't try and keep it perfect.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #155
Cuyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWI-1 View Post
$49,999 for a 2008 Mitsubishi 380 DB Series III Sports Automatic http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...-5816526/?Cr=0

$19,500 for a 2007 Mitsubishi 380 DB Series 2 SX Sports Automatic http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-2069172/?Cr=3
The 380 was also built in the states though so there's plenty of parts over there if you really need them.
Cuyper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #156
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
People take this way to personally, even if Ford kept Aus manufacturing the Falcon wasn't going to last forever, no nameplate does.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #157
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

I, for one, was really disapointed when Ford announced they will stop manufacturing here ! I'm a proud Aussie 1st... A Falcon Man 2nd.. and a Ford man 3rd ! I love my Aussie Fords... always have ! But I won't be turning my back on Ford in spite "just because". After the Falcon has ceased production... and when it's then time I'm forced to buy something else (if I want "new")... something Ford will be my first consideration... but unlike any other time in the past.... I'll also consider what else is out there that best suits my needs. Something made here will get serious consideration, as I will be pulled between my strong connection to Ford product and my belief I should support the local industry (something I havn't had to choose between in the past).
Having said all that... an Aussie Ford will always grace my driveway ! My 'toys" will always be Falcon based cars no matter what ! I see no reason to throw away a life long "love affair" with all these great cars... just because Ford have stopped making "the next one" ! I feel we should all support the local industry as long as we can... coz a lot of spare parts for Falcon will still be made here, by our local suppliers !

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #158
fairBA
Banned

I'm a falcon supporter, not a ford supporter. Now the falcon is dead, ford is dead to me. I have no interest in any car they sell.
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #159
WPR1

I have 2 Aussie Ford's a GT and a Territory but Ford won't be losing my support. The current crop of Euro Fords are great fun cars to drive as good or better than anything else out there.
At least give the next range of cars a try before walking away they have to be better than Holden's Daewoo fleet!
WPR1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #160
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC View Post
Get toyotie to make a camry sized car with a 300KW V8 rear wheel drive,and watch them take those dwindling ford sales holden would hope for ....

Get the toyotie tundra here, watch them smash decent dual cab 4x4 sales to pieces , 300 KW V8, 5 tonne towing,makes the best of the best dual cab 4x4 here seem like toys ....

As harsh as fords decision was, maybe they were the smarter, because holden wont have a hope against toyota in the last two horse
Maybe its better to withdraw with dignity than get squashed to death ....
Or Hyundai could bring in the Exodus coupe / Genesis sedan or whatever they're called RWD V8 and fill in the gap Falcon left.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #161
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPR1 View Post
I have 2 Aussie Ford's a GT and a Territory but Ford won't be losing my support. The current crop of Euro Fords are great fun cars to drive as good or better than anything else out there.
At least give the next range of cars a try before walking away they have to be better than Holden's Daewoo fleet!
Same here too; a 2 Ford family, GT and Territory. We'll definitely be looking at what Ford have to offer in the future.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #162
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It's the equivalent of walking through a Somali village and saying that they have enough food.... Stupid if you ask me. Head in the sand, and therefore I agree, they fought for nothing, these folk just sat and watched ford kill the falcon with inaction, while they sat back and told everyone how great it was..
Yeah sure it is.

Because you can survive without food, but a car without heated cup holders is unbearable? Yeah... that illogical analogy makes perfect sense in a first world kind of way (that was sarcasm in case you couldn't identify it). Now who has their head in the sand?