Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #61
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: Ford's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fte50 View Post
That's a bit harsh, they offer I-Pod connectivity, on screen display and they now have built in robes in the seats where enthusiasts can store their stiletto's along with their driving gloves.
Its the new generation of enthusiast, those more concerned about gadgets than powertrain etc. The standard car today is just another I-Phone on 4 wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65 View Post
Well I stopped wearing Stiletto`s when i stopped driving FWD cars.
You guys are dinosaurs, and deserve to be mothballed in 2016 as well!

I'll miss the Falcon a lot more than I will your rants!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmr View Post
I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
His is right about large cars being a dead market though. It only makes up less than 2.8% or so of total vehicle sales. That makes it one of, if not the smallest segment in the aussie market now. How times change.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #63
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
You havn't owned an FPV have you !! To put it frankly, you have no idea what you missed out on and the value of what's going from the menu. Blind brand loyalty is exactly that...Blind. It won't suprise me in the slightest if the replacement vehicle, if any, is'nt as good in which case performance enthusiasts like myself will most likely shop elsewhere come replacement time.
No, I haven't owned an FPV as I've never been in the position to afford one.

But I disagree that my loyalty to Ford is "blind", I remain loyal to Ford because their products are of a very high standard. Aside from Falcon and Territory, I've driven the Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo, and I would buy any of those in an instant if I was looking for a replacement for my BF. Ford - at least in Europe - have built a reputation as being solid, reliable, nice to drive cars, not to mention great looking, which is why I've become very much a fan of modern European Fords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
If they want to cater for people that like boring cars and the mums and dads that aren`t into cars and have no passion for cars so be it, but don`t expect brand loyalty from those they dumped.
So you're suggesting that only Australian made Fords are not "boring"? Have you forgotten that Ford are bringing the next generation Mustang here? Focus ST? Fiesta ST?

Never mind the hero "performance" models, their stock standard (and I use that term loosely) models are also very capable cars to drive when compared with similar cars of its class. Focus is miles better to drive than the Cruze, and Mondeo is similarly a class (or two) ahead of the Camry. Boring cars? Ford don't make them.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #64
stang65
FPRJET

Sorry don`t like bum draggers or Girly hatches something that the kids drive these days........ I like a full size car driven by the rear wheels .I guess that's my prerogative.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #65
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post

I`m 45.... and I am permitted to have my preference.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #66
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
The reason the Pub has been chock full of vitriol and vociferous debate since Ford announced the cessation of local manufacturing is because a lot on this forum are blue blooded because of Falcon and don't give a rats rear end about the rest of the Ford range. As a result, the future isn't a Ford one for these people.

PS. I'm partially one of those, but if Mustang heads our way come 2015-16 at a decent price, I'll be a buyer.
What I find surprising is the moderators of this forum don't seem to understand why there is so much vitriol about the end of the Falcon and are trying to keep us quiet.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #67
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
What I find surprising is the moderators of this forum don't seem to understand why there is so much vitriol about the end of the Falcon and are trying to keep us quiet.
I disagree with you on this. Most of the Mods are Ford / Falcon / FPV enthusiasts themselves and I started a thread titled "disaffected by Ford's decision to end local manufacture", or titled with words to that effect, which is still current and open in the page 1 of the pub section.. to give people a chance to air their feelings and get a bit of frustration off their cheast and for me it was quite a cathartic experience. As the Op I took quite an interest in how such a potentuially highly controversial thread like this would be moderated and noted that Mods didn't interfere in any unusual way whatsoever. I think they understand that many people are feeling disaffected because I suspect they're felling that way a little themselves. As time goes by more and more people will gradually come to terms with the announcement on 23 May. I think that people who have taken the opportunity to vent a bit of frustration are probably helping themselves come to terms with their feelings of loss. That's a healthy part of the process, in my opinion.

Last edited by Rodge; 09-07-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #68
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65 View Post
I`m 45.... and I am permitted to have my preference.
Yes you are. However that doesn't mean you can be unnecessarily offensive.

(Most) RWD muscle only enthusiasts love to stick it to the buzz box brigade, day in day out.

How many Fiesta, Focus etc etc guys do you see ripping in to the taxi drivers? I respect you have your hobby, and your love, so show some respect for others.

And yes I can talk, because I have two bad a$$ XR8s and a kick a$$ little Fiesta and I love them all equally. I'm a fan of all cars irrespective of era, engine size, or drive configuration. And if I'm not happy about something I don't put others down to raise myself up.

By all means lament the day Falcon is no longer produced, and honour the muscely RWD heritage...just don't be a pain about it.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #69
stang65
FPRJET

I am entitled to my opinion, just because it differs from yours doesn`t make it offensive. I have not singled you out so why come attack me personally. I would have been banned for such a statement.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #70
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Yes you are. However that doesn't mean you can be unnecessarily offensive.

(Most) RWD muscle only enthusiasts love to stick it to the buzz box brigade, day in day out.

How many Fiesta, Focus etc etc guys do you see ripping in to the taxi drivers? I respect you have your hobby, and your love, so show some respect for others.

And yes I can talk, because I have two bad a$$ XR8s and a kick a$$ little Fiesta and I love them all equally. I'm a fan of all cars irrespective of era, engine size, or drive configuration. And if I'm not happy about something I don't put others down to raise myself up.

By all means lament the day Falcon is no longer produced, and honour the muscely RWD heritage...just don't be a pain about it.
Probably the most level headed post within this thread.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #71
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:

Ahh, typical of the now generation - like to have an opinion but don't like to hear another - our opinions are rants?
If it all gets 2 much 4 u, stay off a public forum where people can share their views without prejiduce, after all they are only opinions.
The best advice I can give a kid like u though b4 I'm mothballed in 2016 is learn to walk before you run.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #72
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As those immortal words that Cartmann would say in South Park, " Screw you guys! I'm going home."
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #73
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Ahh, typical of the now generation - like to have an opinion but don't like to hear another - our opinions are rants?
If it all gets 2 much 4 u, stay off a public forum where people can share their views without prejiduce, after all they are only opinions.
The best advice I can give a kid like u though b4 I'm mothballed in 2016 is learn to walk before you run.
Mate, I'd fight tooth and nail for you and Stang65 to be able to voice your opinions and tell your stories, and I'm interested to hear them (eg why you love Falcon/Mustang/kick *** RWD saloons and muscle cars)

It is possible to have an opinion, without being offensive about it.

What I'm not interested in is you putting down all the other types of cars that 'beat Falcon which is nonsense because they're pox' it's like you're on a mission to put everyone else down.

You've made reference to 'my generation' before...out of interest, how old do you think I am?

Also, re: Ford's future, people like me are their future: a nice, smooth transition from Falcons into the smorgasbord of new world class products they're producing.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #74
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Quote:

It is possible to have an opinion, without being offensive about it.

Hmm funny that, an opinion that differs to yours is automatically offensive, yet we talk cars but you talk about mothballing.
Lesson 2 kid - make sure ur backyards clean before u look 4 weeds in others.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #75
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Hmm funny that, an opinion that differs to yours is automatically offensive, yet we talk cars but you talk about mothballing.
Lesson 2 kid - make sure ur backyards clean before u look 4 weeds in others.
Mate, you should be a pollie the way you duck and weave and avoid questions and valid points.