Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: FPV GT to be killed off early

The rumor mill is going berserk and all this does is shake out people who want a GT and were planning on waiting.
Until Ford spells out its product decisions, we're going to see people lurch from one "catastrophe" to the next.
Old 16-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
westy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The rumor mill is going berserk and all this does is shake out people who want a GT and were planning on waiting.
Until Ford spells out its product decisions, we're going to see people lurch from one "catastrophe" to the next.
And so we should, shouldn't we ? If you want to be American go ahead be my guest. (Not sure which way you're leaning here, either pro American import and get over it, or damn shame the Falcon is going down so quick)
I will lurch from catastrophe to catastrophe and voice my displeasure at the axing of the Falcon and all derivatives. I want them to know I FOR ONE AM NOT HAPPY. Substituting in an inferior American brand and heritage plate will not please me. Sorry. I am Ford OZ through and through, love the blue oval but Ford OZ will always just be a poor cousin from here on in if it hasn't been for the last 10 years at least.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy73 View Post
And so we should, shouldn't we ? If you want to be American go ahead be my guest. (Not sure which way you're leaning here, either pro American import and get over it, or damn shame the Falcon is going down so quick)
No, I'm a glass 3/4 person, instead of whinging about Falcon's demise, i rejoice that we still have one for another three years.

Read post #52....
Old 16-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
No, I'm a glass 3/4 person, instead of whinging about Falcon's demise, i rejoice that we still have one for another three years.

Read post #52....
Its not the event itself, its how they are going about it. I mean seriously, they couldnt blow a bit of cash considering the history and what it means to us?

My passion for the brand will not go beyond the Falcons existance, just another brand, sure the product is competitive but the emotion is now gone. They can sex up the Mustang all they like, this has rubbed the polish off for me.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Its not the event itself, its how they are going about it. I mean seriously, they couldnt blow a bit of cash considering the history and what it means to us?

My passion for the brand will not go beyond the Falcons existance, just another brand, sure the product is competitive but the emotion is now gone. They can sex up the Mustang all they like, this has rubbed the polish off for me.
Ford is preparing a nice bold Falcon next year with a S/C engine, most likely with killer looks,
what are we all to do, get behind that or throw stones at Ford for another three years..
Old 16-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
I mean seriously, they couldnt blow a bit of cash considering the history and what it means to us?
Mate, they've blown more than enough cash already.

I'm sure the FH XR8 will be a pearler, and closer in spirit to the original GTs.
Old 17-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Mate, they've blown more than enough cash already.

I'm sure the FH XR8 will be a pearler, and closer in spirit to the original GTs.
Ok so look how the US's bottom line is at the moment.....I cant believe for the sake of another few million they couldnt let it go out with a bang...it pails into insignificance with the financial and brand equity damage thats coming for them.

Mechanically the car will be good because it is good now...its issue at the moment is exactly what they wont be spending money on now.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 17-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ok so look how the US's bottom line is at the moment.....I cant believe for the sake of another few million they couldnt let it go out with a bang...it pails into insignificance with the financial and brand equity damage thats coming for them.

Mechanically the car will be good because it is good now...its issue at the moment is exactly what they wont be spending money on now.
Are you actually in the market for a new GT, would you go buy one?

If so, maybe you and the rest of the Ford hardcore should send a petition to Ford
along with a $10,000 cash deposit for a 2014 GT to show conviction...

And me personally,
I would be happy to see GT remain but built to order with unique nose cone and wing..
Sounds like the main difference with the 2014 cars over FGII is appearance, so why not include a GT.

Last edited by jpd80; 17-07-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 17-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:

For the sake of another few million? That's the sort of attitude that got GM and Ford in trouble in the first place!! Those days over, money is now spent VERY carefully and Ford is reaping the rewards.

The majority of the brand equity damage was done with the 2016 announcement. There's just not enough money in giving the GT the sort of send off you'd like (unfortunately) Once Mustang hits our shores most will accept or forget how the GT story was wrapped up, and new blood won't know/understand/be bothered by it.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread