Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #31
Raysie

Default Re: Fibresports Sydney - Are they still around ?

Has anyone been in contact or physically seen anyone at Fibresports since June 17th this year?

I was last there on that day, and I don't know if it's just me but something just didn't feel right to be honest.

Earlier in the year it was a completely different environment to be honest. There were more staff and everyone just looked more happier. Also Steve called me notifying that my front bar wasn't going to be ready in advanced.

Fast forward months later... there was only Mark there. He'd notified that their painter had some personal legal issues from memory. I had to follow up every single time myself to see where everything was at. The place just looked depressing to be honest.

Looking back, the signs were there that something like this was going to occur.

I don't know what's going on, but they're going to have a whole lot more problems after hearing there's a number of customers currently who have already paid for items with no reponse back from Fibresports.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #32
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Hmmm that is a worry, because their still selling Bars on ebay as well ....

Their office number goes to what I would assume is a mobile number because when it his voicemail it says to leave a 10 sec message and it will convert it to a text.

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

Ford Performance Club of ACT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #33
nstg8a

Admin must know something if they've been removed as a site sponsor, hopefully they see this thread and fill the members in, and fingers crossed, allay some fears....
Old 19-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #34
mka93
08' FG XR6

Russell mentioned fibresports section has been closed pending investigation whether they are still trading. that was a few weeks ago haven't heard anything since.
Old 19-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #35
yakcam
I drank what?

I hate to say it, but in the field I’m in, I’ve seen this sort of thing way too often... pay for your item and then no communication.

My sincere advise is to contact PayPal or your credit card company and get the ball rolling to get your money back. All too often I’ve seen people who really want the item or have faith that the vendor will come through in the end but the end is usually just them losing their hard earned cash. The signs are there by the lack of communication and by what Raysie said, the signs have pretty much been confirmed.

Usually, no reputable company will not reply to communication. There would be more than one person who has access to the email system, not to mention the phone and the fact that there’s been no reply is an enormous red flag.

Just my opinion of course, but I don’t want to see anyone lose their money, god knows how hard it is to make money these days, let alone save for, or have to pay off something that you’re probably never going to receive.

If they get their stuff together in the future, proceed into a transaction then, but for now get your money back if it’s not too late.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!!!

Cheers,

Kraig
Old 19-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #36
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mka93 View Post
Russell mentioned fibresports section has been closed pending investigation whether they are still trading. that was a few weeks ago haven't heard anything since.

Thanks for that info mka ... Hopefully Russell might be able to shed some light on this then ...

I did notice that they dissapeared from the sponsors list end of June I think

5.0L, 2.1l Kenne Bell, Tickford T3 Heads, Crow valve springs, YellaTerra 1.7 Rockers, Comp Cam, Comp D-Row Timing, 10mm LiveWire Leads, LC-1 & Moats Quarterhorse, B&M TransCooler, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, King Superlow Coil Springs, John Bowe Superlow Pro Leaf Springs, K&N 4" Pod & CAI, Pacemakers, 100c Cats, 2.5" Redback, 19" FPV Rims, BF-T Prem Brakes, TS50 Bumper with DTRL's, Custom FG Bulge, BA XR Side Skirts/Rear bar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 19-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #37
nstg8a

I've pm'ed Russell pointing out this thread, hopefully he will have time to look into it.

Does anyone else do TL body kit parts?
Old 19-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #38
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I have reported the seller to Ebay just incase the guys affected already havn't !!
Old 19-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #39
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I've not had any luck in tracking them down either so I suspect that we should assume the worst at this stage. I've got a couple more avenues to try so I'll keep you guys posted.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #40
stue

This sucks, I just told my insurance company to source a rear bar for my au through fibre sports. Does any one know anyone else who makes similar stuff?.
Old 19-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #41
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can swing past tonight and have a looksy.

I know FAT245's mate went past, but I can check it out anyway if one wants, see if there is any signs or messages up on the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stue View Post
This sucks, I just told my insurance company to source a rear bar for my au through fibre sports. Does any one know anyone else who makes similar stuff?.
Maybe try this mob
http://www.ozcarparts.com.au/search....&val=13&page=3

I have bought from there a while back and at the time they were great (after market headlights for the ED Falcon)

But have no idea how they are like now.
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina

Last edited by uniacidz; 19-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 19-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #42
stue

thanks for that, unfortunately they have everything but what i need. Its not a standard bar that I'm chasing. According to the fibre works site the bar I'm chasing is the rebel rear bar (au0567)
Old 19-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #43
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stue View Post
thanks for that, unfortunately they have everything but what i need. Its not a standard bar that I'm chasing. According to the fibre works site the bar I'm chasing is the rebel rear bar (au0567)
You mean this?
http://www.carmate.com/product_detai...id=FDFAL98RERB
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
Old 19-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #44
stue

my bad, yes thats exactly what i mean, thank you. Its even the same photo as the fibresports site.
Old 19-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #45
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a bigger company as well with more parts.
Good luck and glad to help out

To be honest, glad i found the site.
I have to change my bumper and it shows the prices they charge which is good as well for painting etc
http://www.carmate.com/HowMuchIsPaintingAndFitting.php
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
Old 19-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #46
stue

yeah i'm glad you found it as well. Now the fun part, seeing if the insurance company wants to play ball, they've been bastards so far so i won't hold my breath
Old 20-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #47
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok guys, Definitive UPDATE

Its definately closed up shop, the real estate has seized the location as per pictures.

Excuse the poor camera
Pics taken as per 20/08/2013 at 3am.

VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
3 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #48
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Good riddance to them, Adam at AWC was the man, when they shafted him it was to their own demise. As for other body companies
we've used these guys before with pleasing results

http://www.blitsbodykits.com.au/

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Old 20-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #49
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Thanks uniacidz, I guess that clears that up then.
Luckily I havent paid for the bumper yet but I feel sorry for all those that have and by the looks of it wont be able to get their products that they've paid for.

I will have a look at Carmate, they are apparently imported parts from overseas so does anyone know what theyre like ?

Ray

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #50
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

Maybe we should contact the real estate agents,

and see if we can do a group buy of all their stock!

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #51
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

someone said earlier that they thought he'd moved to Woolongong

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #52
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Usually with commercial retail premises they won't lock the tenants out unless arrears are outstanding 21 days or more. Seeing the dates here it looks like the real estate exercised their rights as per the tenancy agreement.

AWC was a great company and awesome to deal with then when Adam left it went downhill big time.
Old 20-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #53
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

Judging by the looks of the glass, looks like their paint mixing center is still in there?

Although it could be a reflection from outside the property.

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
Old 20-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #54
rayban76
AU3 5.0L Fairmont Wagon

Yeah dont know, one of the guys that commented on here was going to see if he could find a number but not sure if he had any luck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #55
335POWER
formerly Troy23

well there goes me getting a RS insert..... pfft

i had sent them a couple of emails and attempted contact here on AFF over the past 6 months and didn't hear nothing back

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
Old 20-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #56
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just consider yourselfs lucky you didnt sink $1600 into a new kit (cash) and are now out of pocket..bank cant recover that as didnt use paypal..expensive lesson. If anyone has a personal number for Alan or the other scum bag that has apparently done a runner with $$ please PM myself.
Old 20-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #57
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

someone should PM JR (I think thats him) who has the Green AU Fairlane.
He seems to know the guys and might have contact details

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
Old 20-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #58
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Looks like we have our answer.
I think it's best to leave it at that.

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread