Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
335JET
@jas_23_

Default instaling a pod

what parts do i require to install a pod in my airbox.
ive got an EL Falcon.
Also has anyone used a TFI racing pod from repco or supercheap, they seem to be fairly cheap there

335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

A K&N panel filter or K&N Pod in the air-box will equal out to producing the same power results. It only once you start adding additional and larger induction points that you gain any power which in most cases in not noticed by the driver.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
335JET
@jas_23_

i installed a tickford t3 ts50 intake snorkle yesterday
Old 13-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Another thing to do is; cut off flush the rubber restrictor located in the lid of the air box. You can run a normal K&N panel filter with 3" piping made up from the airbox to the throttle body.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
jjj

TFI pods i have used have flowed as good as any other brand i have used. You just can't clean them so an oiled pod filter in the long run may be a cheaper option. There only $30, paper flat panel is about $22.

On the AU,EL the pipe that goes from the strut tower to airbox lid goes from around 80mm to 55mm. Get rid off that first.

VN-VR TFI pod adaptors work good on EA-EL cars as no need for map sensor 4 bolt plate.

Don't bother getting the TFI pod adaptor for the EL/EF/AU as it still uses the 4bolt airbox lid bracket which has the 55mm opening and still requires that factory pipe from the strut tower to airbox lid.

****I have tried this setup and it works quite well, all up it cost me ($90).

1) TFI Pod Filter
2) VN-VR TFI pod filter adaptor( It's a 3in pipe attached to a L-bracket)
3) 3in Black TFI intake piping.

Just mount the adaptor as close to the headlight as possible with pod attached to one end. Mark hole from L-bracket support bar, drill hole into gaurd and secure with bolt.
Then attach the 3in intake tubing from the hard plastic tube that sits up on the intake plenium and run it down to the other end of the pod adaptor.

Works good because it makes intake 3in all the way, pod is very secure and does not move.

Leave snorkel on so it feeds cold air straight onto the pod, a extra heat shield can be fitted if it makes you feel good.

Cheers JJJ. can't post pics as my digi camera just went swimming in the pacific ocean.................
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
335JET
@jas_23_

thanks for that jjj, ill buy a pod 2morrow and see how i go.
good idea about making the whole intake 3in, dont know why ford didnt do that originally
Old 13-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #7
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
thanks for that jjj, ill buy a pod 2morrow and see how i go.
good idea about making the whole intake 3in, dont know why ford didnt do that originally

I am getting another camera so might be able to post some pics on saturday or sunday.

cheers...............
Old 14-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #8
triple8nitro
Alternator

Would be good to see some pics, as i am thinking of experimenting with some custom fiberglass boxes, with the top being flushed with bonnet and 80-100mm cold air feed through wheel arch down to front bumper , a mate who works @ ford told me to jack it up and cut it from the inside of the inside of the gaurd so as not to cut any thing important.
Old 14-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
335JET
@jas_23_

to jjj
where did you get the 3in black intake piping from
Old 15-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #10
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 4LTR
to jjj
where did you get the 3in black intake piping from

Supercheap auto, It's actually 80mm and made by monza and is called a high performance air intake pipe.

It works really good because it bends and the inside of the pipe is smooth and not lumpy. Therefore excellant air flow...... Cost $33.

Found a pic on the hard drive of all the gear that i got.............
Old 15-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #11
triple8nitro
Alternator

You can get it from supercheap, like i did but i dont reccomend as it melted due to heat. Car stalled due to no air o n the way to work and i had to drive the rest of the way with no filter, lol, although if you find a good one soon let me know, best way is stainless pipe or some thing from exhaust shop.
Old 15-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #12
triple8nitro
Alternator

Thats the one i used maybe i just bought a s+%^ one! No i didnt connect straight to the throttle body like a mate asked me.
Old 15-01-2006, 12:53 AM   #13
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8nitro
Thats the one i used maybe i just bought a s+%^ one! No i didnt connect straight to the throttle body like a mate asked me.

Mine has been on the car for about 3months and i have had no problems. I connected it to the EL pipe that sits up near the wash bottle for windsreen and just run it down to the passenger headlight.

works like a treat....................
Old 22-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #14
triple8nitro
Alternator

Got an exchange one works fine I have similar setup but i removed the indent in plastic pipe running in front of fire wall and fiberglassed the hole .