The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #22
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Highway Patrol (NSW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 540 View Post
I doubt you would like them much d in Victoria? You can avoid them in NSW if you are 'aware 'of the pre warning signs they have 100 meters or so in advance. In Vic they are unmarked and hidden all over the place. Its pretty easy to do a few kms over unintentionally even for the most diligent driver.
Its the stealth collection of money via cameras that Im against because there is no real deterrent or modification of driver behaviour getting a fine in the mail a week or so later. Other than maybe you have now run out of demerit points!
While I don't like the low tolerance in Victoria, I have driven in Victoria a number of times and gone past camera cars in rural areas, and yes I was speeding but slowed for the camera. You see I notice things like cars parked on the side of the road, and a few seconds of slower driving won't kill me. Won't work in metro though, but then again most of my above limit driving is rural.
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post