Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #31
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 1987 mate and i were going into Melbourne along the Hume HWY one night in my old v8 HT wagon when this car load of Lebs in lovely hot old Holden pulled along side and swerved at us about 3 times with one waving a machetti out the window,tried to get away but there hot EH was just too fast,any way we were ИИИИting ourselves when we came to set of lights near Broadmeadows Ford plant,we stopped as there was a semi turning and Two of these guys jumped out so i moved forward and pegged accelerator to the floor in reverse,hell of a bang and front of nice EH was wrapped around the motor and guy with machetti was struck by his mates own car and was lying in middle of road when we got the hell out of there,never went to cops and never heard another word about it.gee we were scared for weeks.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #32
HavocXR8
yay still alive

this one isn't really road rage but just some dickheads should be aloud to drive

the other night i was on my way home from work around 10:00 when some idiot in a crx sat on my ИИИИ with his high beams on so i moved over waved hime past me but he just sat there so i slowed down waved him pass again but he didn't go until i got on to a main road when he pulled out passed me on the wrong side of the road and gave me the finger then pulled back in and sat on the speed limit
my reply was kicked it back to third booted it and sat behind him with the high beams on him until he turned off
HavocXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #33
pandaman
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xebeast
this one isn't really road rage but just some dickheads should be aloud to drive

the other night i was on my way home from work around 10:00 when some idiot in a crx sat on my ИИИИ with his high beams on so i moved over waved hime past me but he just sat there so i slowed down waved him pass again but he didn't go until i got on to a main road when he pulled out passed me on the wrong side of the road and gave me the finger then pulled back in and sat on the speed limit
my reply was kicked it back to third booted it and sat behind him with the high beams on him until he turned off

Just after I got my P's I had a similar experience but kinda reversed, this was just after the release of BA and incidentally the first time I ever saw an XR6T in action. I was heading into Canberra one evening along a particularly kangaroo infested piece of road doing 90 in a 90 zone, actually a little faster than I'd take that piece of road these days. This set of headlights comes up behind me at a great rate of knots and overtakes me on double lines, and as soon as he was back in he's on the brakes down to a dead stop, scared the bejeezus outta me, I thought he'd seen a roo. After a few seconds I realised there was no wildlife around and I still had the highbeams on so I flick em off and the bloke driving the XR puts the boot in again and buggers off. Musta seriously irritated him with the high beams though, coz the next sideroad I passed the ИИИИer had been waiting there. He pulled out and proceeded to sit on my ИИИИ with his highbeams on till we hit the federal highway when he put the boot in again and dissapeared. I've heard other stories about this ИИИИwit terrorising people around the traps and if I ever find out who he/she is, they will not be happy.

Back in Blue baby!
pandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #34
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

i once saw a daewoo matiz and it ИИИИed me off! thats my story:p
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #35
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If someone tailgates you real bad deliberately, I just lift off the throttle till they back off or go past. Brake testing is a bad idea, but lifting off makes them slow down at least.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #36
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xebeast

Pffffft if some punk in a CRX did that I'd just brake test the moron.

Tow bar > plastic panels.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 04:58 PM   #37
GT-P BOSS
True Australian V8 Grunt

look at this :

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1128069789
GT-P BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #38
Steffo
LPG > You

My grandfather was in his car at a traffic light once, a long while ago, with the window open... when this moron wearing military camo pants, no shoes or socks on and no shirty on, very short hair... comes up to his window weilding a knife of some sort, saying to get out of the car.

So my grandfather said ok, was complying, opened the door, and took his steel clublock out with him. When the guy saw it, he shat bricks, turned around and bolted away down the street.

Not that long ago I was in the car with my mate, turning left off a side street onto a main road. Now as we're pulling up, I get a red light, so I stop. But it was one of those ones that goes red, then the left arrow comes on green like 3 sec later. I was first at the light, and I came to a complete stop. Now I didn't see the green filter for what, 2 seconds? And this moron in a red Holden Combo (the little barina panelvan), also on his red P's, beeps at me, so I'm like oh its green, and turn left, then get into the right turning lane and stop at the next red light. This idiot pulls up next to me and starts yelling and being a moron.

Now, he never got out of the car, but we weren't that far off it. I'm 6'2" 105kg and my mate is 6'3 or 6'4", about 90-100kg, very fit and very, very, very strong. The guy wouldn't have had a good time if we'd had a fight. I was staring at him, not saying anything, just waiting to see if the idiot would get out of the car, but there was a station wagon infront of us with these four blokes in it... they started yelling at him, ИИИИ off, etc etc. When he saw that, he decided to shut it and drove away. Then they were saying to me, man that guy was a moron etc.

I was going in a multi-story parking lot once, same said mate in the car with me, going up an up ramp, and I see a spot straight infront of me, so I drive in. Now the way this place was made, there was a huge support post right to my left, so I can't see if there's anyone there. But it doesn't matter because its a one way, only left.

These two morons in a Civic are waiting for that sport in the wrong way section, and they're not very close to it either, like 15m back. Once I've fully parked, they start beeping, and the guy gets out, he was asian, and struck me as the kind of person who thought he was a Yakuza or something. He's coming up to my car, swearing, "what the ИИИИ are you doing, ИИИИ you, don't make me this ИИИИing trouble," and all this. My mate gets out of the car, and when the guy saw him, he got a bit quiet and stepped back a metre or two. Then kept on swearing and all that, my mate looked like he was about to knock his block off, but I told him to just get back in and then moved the car. The other bloke struck me as the kind of loser who'd come back to key it or something. The streets aren't a very friendly place to be in Sydney.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #39
Rob
Living the dream

That video = ROFL!!!!!!!!

Fantastic. Priceless moment.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #40
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
this incident didnt really happen on the road but involved a car and some crazy people.

A dude i knew thru my family was pulling into a servo late at night,

He was sitting in the car when a dodgy looking lady aproached him and asked for one of his smokes, he told her to %$@& OFF. She swore at hime and returned to her car, next thing he knows her druggo boyfriend comes over with a shotgun and unloads a few shots into his windo and door. They jumped back in their old crap heap and sped off.

meanwhile the dude had a heap of pellets in his face had to stagger into the servo and call for his own ambulance cos the attndent there was freaking out too much.

its crazy to think that there are people like that driving round the roads.
did this happen in pakenham 2-3 years ago?
if so i got there just after it happened, not good :(

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 04:11 AM   #41
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Being a courier driver in Sydney and having to deal with cab drivers ... too many stories to tell ... also idiots in there rice rockets in traffic as well.

I just don't have the effort for road rage anymore ... I just ignore them.

Nudge bar and Lightforce driving lights can be intimidating ... towbar comes in handy as well.

Have had a few issues where people think I have my highbeam on ... I give them a polite reminder of the difference between lowbeam (and staring into direct sunlight) ... did have one guy on the freeway decide to put his highbeam on after I overtook him and refuse to take them off ... I backed off ... so he came up next to me ... sounding his horn ... I backed off more .... he pulls in front and brakes .... so I hit the highbeams and driving lights .... ummm ... he didn't know what to do.

At this point I could see everything inside his car .... everything around his car ... and I think his rear numberplate was melting as well ... LOL.

He decided to take off .... I kept with him for a bit till he really took off ... then I dropped back to low beam ... just to let him regain his sight I guess.

In the end ... it's just best to let the idiots go ... the sooner they are out of your way the more relaxing your trip is.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #42
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

one of my mates was driving thru another town, and 5 blokes of middle eastern appearence in an xr6 pulled up next to him in his red gemini and started yelling F**k you aussie C**t we'll cut you up. at this point one pulled a machete and they followed him, just driving down random streets at full noise.....until he pulled up at a servo next to an undercover copper, this, they did not know so they piled out of the XR machete and all..... they were all arrested and we all "overheard" them give names and addresses..... paybacks a ИИИИИИ
[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #43
AU1FORME
Son of Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P BOSS

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I cant stop laughing

thats Gold
hahahahaahah