Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

yes we had a look at spear creek a few years ago, stayed a few days and had a ball with a mob we met from W.A. as well as a group of Vietnam vets on their way to "do big red", apparently much better now, used to be a bit rough around the edges, the owners were great folks then and from what I hear nothing has changed in that regard, the company more than made up for the down bits.

do you have a high clearance vehicle or the daily, most of the spots we used to frequent require at least reasonable ground clearance.

but I do know a lot of out of the way spots that may be a bit far up for you.

just be sure to integrate with other campers around the fire...a lot of fantastic friendships are born that way.

take a look at white cliffs just out of koolunga as well as worlds end (burra creek gorge) just out of Burra......if you get near cobdogla head in toward the caravan park, past the bridge and on your left for about 5 miles there are drive in campsites right on the river.

also across the river at morgan, coming from morgan head left immediately after you leave the ferry and there is a great campground there.

martins bend is a fantastic campground at Berri.

I could go on for hours, we love travelling and staying in the "out of the way" spots.

we did the "around the block" thing first in a home made camper trailer then again in a hi-ace camper towing a small trailer with cooking facilities and storage (which I'm selling at the moment) and now we are doing again with a caravan.

we rarely stay in caravan parks, we find the out of the way spots.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2016, 11:11 PM   #2
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
do you have a high clearance vehicle
FG XR6 so that would be no!

Quote:
just be sure to integrate with other campers around the fire...a lot of fantastic friendships are born that way.
apparently the bush camping area is away from the caravan park area.

Quote:
we rarely stay in caravan parks, we find the out of the way spots.
i'm not planning on staying in any of the traditional caravan parks either, but it seems many of these more outback places cater for those who like to camp a bit more secluded. melrose caravan park also lists a bush camping area. might check it out while we are in the area for future reference.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post