Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #1
kmav23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
That doesn't excuse the fact that we are getting reamed at the pump. If the fuel watch page proved anything to me it's that there is power in numbers when people vote with their wallet. It was an active campaign telling you where the cheapest fuel was and the reasons we should fill up there, it was ALWAYS the cheapest at only 2 outlets here. After two weeks every single servo in Canberra lowered their price to within 5 cents of the competitors where everyone was filling up. This is proof that servos do have a lot of room to move in their prices.
Most people can be lazy and and financially clueless.

They will complain about fuel prices to save a few dollars but then they wont change banks to save thousands on home loans or change their superannuation to save huge amounts of money.

If fuel costs are such an issue then change to a nissan leaf or hybrid.
kmav23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmav23 View Post
Most people can be lazy and and financially clueless.

They will complain about fuel prices to save a few dollars but then they wont change banks to save thousands on home loans or change their superannuation to save huge amounts of money.

If fuel costs are such an issue then change to a nissan leaf or hybrid.
If you read my comments I have never once said that fuel prices are an issue for me to pay.

Last edited by fordomatic; 14-10-2018 at 06:50 PM.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
kmav23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
If you read my comments I have never once said that fuel prices are an issue for me to pay.
not commenting on you.

I said some people are always complaining about the fuels prices when its low priority and the government cant control.

No one can force another country to produce more oil or ask a business to sell a product cheaper.
kmav23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #4
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmav23 View Post
not commenting on you.

I said some people are always complaining about the fuels prices when its low priority and the government cant control.

No one can force another country to produce more oil or ask a business to sell a product cheaper.
Aussie dollar is dropping so the price of fuel will go up, because the USA economy has turned around and is powering up getting a stronger dollar.

Well the USA does force other country's to produce more oil or not and has ways of manipulation the price up or down, they worked to lower the price of oil so that Russia could not clean up, for one.

The same with business, as any government have ways they can manipulate them, sure they do not ask but they do it, they have screwed my business over for years letting in foreign workers flood in so that I had no work at all, not to mention lower the quality standard to just total crap.
Not to mention Paul Keating tried his best to destroy Aussie Business by slamming us into a wall that hard that so many went bankrupt or nearly went under at the time.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post