Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Should this car get a member page on aufalcon.com?
Add the car. 25 59.52%
Dont add the car. 17 40.48%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2005, 06:54 PM   #61
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
But Darky, if I was to send in four photos of the car below, and I was the owner, would it be acceptable to be in the members gallery? It's an AU after all.

This is where I think we need to have a condition that the car is at least drivable, and in a neat presentable condition. Not much to ask for really, I'm sure 100% of the AU's on the site comply with the third requirement anyway. It's just to prevent things getting out of hand, but then, I doubt Casper would put that car I've posted above on aufalcon.com, or even bother to ask us if it qualifies I don't think? It's an automatic no as far as I'm concerned. Darky, you see what I'm trying to say?
Just an observation here, we currently have photos of an accident damaged ute in the general gallery section three, which have been there for a fair while. I don't find that acceptable, and here we are discussing the relative merits from an objective point of view - being that of a reasonable standard of a car that is in a neat presentable condition to be added to the members section.

I know what you're getting at, and I totally agree, but why base the discussion over a particular members' car?

Yes, all AU owner's cars to date are neat and presentable and that is an automatic given when it comes to enthusiasts. Basically what I'm trying to argue is the common sense factor here, I don't want to see aufalcon regulated that far that we even come with a constitution.
Old 17-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #62
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Just an observation here, we currently have photos of an accident damaged ute in the general gallery section three, which have been there for a fair while.
Yes Darky I'm aware of the ute on page three, but it's not, as you've said, in the members gallery. It's in the general gallery and it's ok by me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I know what you're getting at, and I totally agree, but why base the discussion over a particular members' car?
Thanks, but if you've read through my previous posts, I voted yes. The idea I had for a couple of conditions was because I wanted to see more photos of the car, and maybe in future, have at least four photos before the car is put up on aufalcon.com. I'm not basing the discussion over this particular members' car, I just thought of an idea and happen to post it on this thread. Not everyone has the same taste in regards to modifications, but this person has taken their time to submit an application and it should be accepted, regardless if some are and some aren't a fan of the car.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 17-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #63
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Casper, has a decision been made yet? Is this car going to be added to the members gallery?

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 17-02-2005, 12:45 AM   #64
XRQTR
TBA Customs

cut the thread, add the car, end of story

I cant believe its still going :
Old 17-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #65
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I think the poll finishes on 23/2/05. I reckon it's worth seeing the results of the poll after this time, so maybe after that the thread could be locked?

And as for if this car makes it to aufalcon . com - Yes. When casper gets time to do it. And I believe that is irrespective of the poll results.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 17-02-2005, 03:04 AM   #66
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
I voted in, horses for courses, it will make Bucky's Had look great ! LOL
hahaha! 10 points!!!!
Old 17-02-2005, 10:21 AM   #67
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

I vote for closing the thread now before this poor bloke is humiliated any further.

Rick.
Old 17-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #68
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Casper, has a decision been made yet? Is this car going to be added to the members gallery?
Yes, he will be added just like any other member....was hopefully always going to be the plan. Just needed to see peoples opinions as it was a legitimate concern.
I will also be looking at adding a few more conditions to the site as stated....more to stop the "1 pic wonders" from getting added. I think a minimum of 4 photos is reasonable.

I will also remove this thread in 24 hours.....as I am hoping the owner will join AFF and get some good ideas from us all..

Thread closed.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread