Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #31
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
We honestly thought if we got a 12.7 something, we would be over the moon, i ran a 12.68@108 with a 1.90 60', on my 3rd last run last night.
I got up this morning and my 1st run was a 12.48@109 with a 1.82 60', then backed it up with a 12.51 @109, then onto a 12.48@109 witha 1.83 60' them ran a heap of times in the 12.6's and 12.5's. My slowest time for the whole weekend was a 12.94@110 with a 2.00 60' and i had 16 runs !!

I'm really happy for you cam, those are really good times mate, with very impressive 60 foot times. Well done...:eclipsee_

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #32
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

i'm very impressed boys- well done! have to be happy with that no matter how you look at it.........
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 02:25 AM   #33
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Cam 1.83 - 60 foot, I like it...
Good work, now go home and change some nappies..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #34
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just got home thanks to the LS1 guys + heathcote park raceway for a awsome 2 days , no rain but dam cold camping at the track over night well done to Cam + Ratter great entertainment, Special thanks to that Blue Power rabble for trying to keep every body awake all night sleep:
hope the dry ice + water bombs didn"t wake you at 7 lol...thanks also to G+D for your support track side more storys later need sleep now ..
Cheers ...Whoosha :nutsycuck

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #35
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Good work Cam. I remember ya from Ford Nats and it sounds like you have made leaps and bounds. Keep it up!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #36
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

It was a GREAT WEEKEND. : .....Even if I did have to watch everyone else from the side lines : !!

Congrats to everyone....

Dont know what else to say..... There is so much but I dont want to Hijack the thread.

Congrats to CAM and Ratter again for some top ar$e racing....

P.S. ORSMXR,
They can Keep there Auto's LOL....
I love the manual too much. :eclipsee_ I rather drive a car than just steer it.
One day I will make it back to the track. It has been a long time comming.

It's been a long time since I had to drive a manual without a cluch and hopefully a long time till I have to do it again.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #37
Chris
AFF.com.au

Thumbs up job well done

Congratulations Cam and G and D on a job well done and a nice car. Was nice to demolish the slab and the jimmy black with you.

Kev, congrats on the 60, hard luck on the clutch, the ol girl has seen a lot of work, a 12 is waiting for you at the next meeting, beers are cold in club 12 (just ask cam)
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #38
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Congratulations Cam and G&D.
Well done mate.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #39
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Well done Cams, the racing was excelent and times are very close, and as you said, at least we drove our cars complete to get our times, it could be very interesting if someone strips out a falcon to the commodores weight.

It was good to meet you and Kev

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #40
G&D PERFORMANCE
G&D Performance Australia

Thanks all,we are loving every minute of our new Boss quest & are only just getting warmed up.Our 1st outing a little while back with CAMS Pursuit gave us some minor torque reduction issues netting a dissapointing 13.1,we only had the flash tuner for a couple of days & in hindsight shouldn't have rushed it out to the track but how could we let poor CAM miss out on the Ford Forums event.lol.

We are more than happy with this acheivement at only our second attempt with this car & look forward to getting back out to the track again.I wouldn't be suprised to see an unopened 290 break into a high 11 one day based on our past experience seeing the evolution of the LS1 doing the same thing.I remember back in 02 when we ran the first LS1 into the 12's running a 12.9 & a few years down the track we were the 1st to run an 11 with our fastest to date being an amazing 11.62.Never say never,I have learned this first hand.

Well done also to Ratter on your excellent 12.45,we sure had some close competition with only .03 seperating us.It's a shame CAM had to call it a day early missing when the head wind had dropped off & the cold night air was about.He's been a busy boy lately with the new addition to the family & his heavy work schedule hence the car not returning to the track since we'd stepped it up after the Ford Forums event.

Thanks also to Chris from Bluepower for setting some great benchmark times for us to aim for,now that we finally have the tuning tools required to do the job it should provide some exciting freindly competition.We'll see how fast we can run with Pursuit in unopened format & then we'll pop in some billet oil pump gears & rev it up hard.The Boss community has a lot to look forward to.

Regards Glenn
G&D PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 05:18 PM   #41
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE

Well done also to Ratter on your excellent 12.45,we sure had some close competition with only .03 seperating us.It's a shame CAM had to call it a day early missing when the head wind had dropped off & the cold night air was about.He's been a busy boy lately with the new addition to the family & his heavy work schedule hence the car not returning to the track since we'd stepped it up after the Ford Forums event.

Regards Glenn
Thanks Glenn
It's a shame Cam did not even line up for any of the DYO racing, I spoke to him just before the final round and he said about having family commitments, but he still should have lined up as he would have got a few rounds of racing in before he left.
My car actually ran 2 x 12.45s the first being at 2.35 pm (probably the hottest part of the day) and also in the final of the DYO at 9.04 pm.

Cams car was doing very well and his et's proved to me that I can use a bigger convertor to get the car off the line with out breaking things.

Once again excelent results, keep up the good work

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #42
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Well done Cam great results....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #43
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Thanks Glenn
It's a shame Cam did not even line up for any of the DYO racing, I spoke to him just before the final round and he said about having family commitments, but he still should have lined up as he would have got a few rounds of racing in before he left.
My car actually ran 2 x 12.45s the first being at 2.35 pm (probably the hottest part of the day) and also in the final of the DYO at 9.04 pm.

Cams car was doing very well and his et's proved to me that I can use a bigger convertor to get the car off the line with out breaking things.

Once again excelent results, keep up the good work
Yes I'm glad we chose the 3500rpm convertor over the 3000rpm we nearly installed,it gives it a extra helping hand out of the hole even though it hurts mph,the ET is still good.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #44
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
It was raced with the hard cover off, and the spare taken out, other than that it is how i drive it daily. Not like some of the LS1 cars with stripped interiors, light weight drag wheels etc.
Cam, come on i saw you putting the aunger bonnet protector back on to. LOL.... Yeah and don't the LS1 boys get right into it with all that stripping going on (thought i was somewhere else seeing that), i thought i was at a ANDRA event.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #45
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
Yeah and don't the LS1 boys get right into it with all that stripping going on (thought i was somewhere else seeing that), i thought i was at a ANDRA event.
No Craig you thought you were at comm wreck LOL
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #46
Chris
AFF.com.au

im amazed Cam was still standing after our friday night session, plus as an added bonus, we burnt lots of stuff, including wood...........

Last edited by Chris; 09-04-2006 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #47
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&D PERFORMANCE
I wouldn't be suprised to see an unopened 290 break into a high 11 one day based on our past experience seeing the evolution of the LS1 doing the same thing.I remember back in 02 when we ran the first LS1 into the 12's running a 12.9 & a few years down the track we were the 1st to run an 11 with our fastest to date being an amazing 11.62.Never say never,I have learned this first hand.
Regards Glenn
Yes it's quite interesting that times run now seem maybe improveable by a tenth or 2, but over time you figure out different things and down the track 12's are old news. Was it you Glenn driving Ritchie's (CLUBVX) white clubby to that 12.9? I remember that run and Ritchie's a very funny guy to be around, sad news to hear that his brand new maloo was T-Boned near heathcote on the weekend...

Will be great to see more fast Ford V8's over the coming months/years with some great shops and tuners getting great results
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #48
G&D PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Yes it's quite interesting that times run now seem maybe improveable by a tenth or 2, but over time you figure out different things and down the track 12's are old news. Was it you Glenn driving Ritchie's (CLUBVX) white clubby to that 12.9? I remember that run and Ritchie's a very funny guy to be around, sad news to hear that his brand new maloo was T-Boned near heathcote on the weekend...

Will be great to see more fast Ford V8's over the coming months/years with some great shops and tuners getting great results
Exactly.Yes Ritchie gave me the job of pedaling his clubsport into the 12's on a true street tyre a few years back.I still have the giant bottle of Jim Beam he gave me for doing it.I treasure it so much that I'm too scared to open it.

Poor guy,couldn't believe it,hope his new one gets sorted out.

Glenn