Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Brett Stevens Protégé Sets World Record

Former Brett Stevens Racing Drag Racing student, Aaron Lynch from B&L Steel Racing, has set the Drag Racing world alight with a record setting Top Doorslammer run of 5.97 seconds at an incredible 245.77mph (395.53kph) at Willowbank Raceway?s Tin Top Titles on the weekend.

Driving his 3000 horsepower Brett Stevens Racing built 63? Split Window Corvette, Lynch spent his first professional racing season last year under Stevens direct guidance before going out on his own this season.

Deciding to sit out the Championship events to date this year in favour of extensive testing though, the Tin Tops was the first round Lynch had contested netting him the spectacular result of recording the fastest Top Doorslammer speed in history at 245.77mph and the second quickest
time ever at 5.97 seconds.

?Brett (Stevens) has supplied us with a world beating racecar with unlimited potential and a great baseline that we have been able to work
with,? Lynch said.

?After spending a season and learning a lot with him last year we decided that we would sit out this season to test. In the last 6 months we have taken every opportunity to take the car out and run it in what has seemed like thousands of passes, but it seems to have paid off.?

?We really weren?t expecting to go that fast, I knew it was a good run
but I still didn?t believe it until I saw the time slip.?

?I would have liked to have taken the win but my crew chief, Paul Rooks from North Brisbane Automotive, told me I had to leave the line hard as Gary Phillips in the other lane had been running extremely well and it
would be my best chance for the win.?

?Unfortunately I left a fraction early and triggered the red light but in the end it wouldn?t have mattered. I?m still really wrapped in the time though and really looking forward to the Winternationals in June.?

Stevens himself had a hectic weekend racing his Jack Daniel?s Racing Studebaker when, in his first qualifier, his throttle jammed damaging
some pistons and blowing the engine.

This meant a complete engine change and he missed the second qualifier by about 30 seconds leaving him with only one shot at making the Finals.

Thriving on the pressure, Stevens nailed a 6.32-second pass to make the elimination rounds and bump Ben Bray to the number 9 position and out of
the field.

?Two rounds in row now we have been in the identical situation of having to change an engine and make the field on my last qualifier.?

?It is really not a position I want to make a habit of being in but on both occasions though we have been able to stand tall with the pressure
really on.?

?The highlight of the weekend though was definitely Aaron Lynch going 5 (seconds) at over 245mph, I would like to congratulate him and his team
on a fantastic effort.?

Stevens was eventually knocked out of the competition in the
quarterfinals by the event winner Steve Stanic.

The next event at Willowbank Raceway is the season ending
Winternationals from June 9-11.

Pace Yourself. Please Drink Responsibly.

thx to NMD for story.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83E.jpg (34.3 KB, 37 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
rodderz

Bloody big donk in that thing

Did he have a run against the double decker in the background? :eclipsee_
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:08 AM   #3
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

What an awesome beast !!
Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 AM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
What an awesome beast !!
Cam stop bragging Judy... : :

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post