Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2023, 03:14 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: New car stock availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Iveco as an entity are a headache to deal with....
You're not wrong, imagine all the flog OEMs and roll them into one company and you have IVECO

Can't say Kenworth are much better either - stop their production line during COVID then send out demands to their suppliers that they still have obligations.

Then every 5 seconds starts increasing their build rate once they start back up then reduce their build rate then put it back up then put it back down then put it back up.

Then only give you 7 days notice of their requirements of their production line.

They only moved to quarterly forecasting for their suppliers last year.

Like I said they'll certainly let you know about your responsibility to them but they have zero hesitation leaving you holding the bag with no responsibility to you.

Or they'll make forecasts, you tool up and invest in stock then they'll just cancel advance orders.

There's a submission from the Australian supply chain to the productivity commission nearly 20 years ago that gives you an insight to the behavior of OEMs to their supply chain if anyone is bored.

The so called 'supply chain' problems the OEMs have is usually caused by their own ridiculous behavior where they don't think twice about ****ing over their critical suppliers.

They tried to **** over the chip suppliers and they just pivoted their production capacity to the electronics industry - BYE FELICIA

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 15-02-2023 at 03:28 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2023, 06:32 PM   #32
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

With fewer demo cars, its seems harder to even drive the model you may want to buy.

I spoke to a dealer about driving a specific model, they dont have one in stock and wont have one for a few weeks.

Its in the top ten selling cars too, so hardly a niche product.

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2023, 07:41 PM   #33
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanC View Post
In my case I am hanging on to my BA wagon because there is nothing on the market these days to replace it. It has lots of space in the back and I use that space every week. SUVs have very little useful boot space. OK it is high but it isn't long. I don't want to pile my luggage up to the roof. The BA is dual fuel so it is cheap to run too and it is lovely having a 4lt six.
Couldn't agree more, the big old wagons are gems.
Old 15-02-2023, 08:43 PM   #34
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Totally agree with you.

I owned a new AU SR MKII wagon for a number of years, and it was the most practical car I ever owned.

From putting a full-size single bed in the back for overnight camping trips to picking up long lengths of timber from Bunnings.

Really nothing on the market today that replaces the mighty Falcon wagons for internal cargo space.
My uncle was the spare parts manager for decades at the local Ford dealer, meaning he was privy to a company car. Of all the cars he had over the years, his Liquid Silver AU III Futura wagon was his favorite.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2023, 06:30 AM   #35
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ex ‘demo’ in 2003.Was used as a office car @ the Geelong engine plant.Colour is ‘Vibe’.It was just a great car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6CE5BEBC-907F-422E-AADA-B4DEBD7E80C3.jpeg (43.9 KB, 43 views)
Old 11-04-2023, 03:04 AM   #36
stock1991
Limited supply

Wagon Nation. I couldn't afford a Kingswood

stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post