Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #151
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD_AU3_XR8
i didn't read this whole thread and will probably repeat someone but its because holden export more cars than ford
if you find the sales figures for cars sold in australia only you will see ford
beat holden
Here is the proof

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #152
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden

Something people haven't thought of is per car made in Australia if only 51% of it's content is Australian parts supplied, By car made I'm sure Holden builds 30-40% more cars overall then Ford do. That little 51% will go along way.
The time will come for Ford to do the same you will see. But they will make it 52% so everyone can say my car has more Aussie parts in it
but with ford selling more australian made cars with higher content that means ford means a great deal more to australia!! LOL

commodore stato and utes combined do not add up to as much as falcon + ute+territory.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 12:43 AM   #153
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
but with ford selling more australian made cars with higher content that means ford means a great deal more to australia!! LOL

commodore stato and utes combined do not add up to as much as falcon + ute+territory.
Are we talking car built here or cars sold here?
Old 21-05-2006, 02:24 AM   #154
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

built here. sold here. thats what matters .
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 02:44 AM   #155
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

The new exports for ford mean nothing?
Look what it has done for the statesman it's got a new life when the fairlaine might struggle for a new model.
Built here should be number 1. Cause selling overseas still comes back to the place it was built.
Old 21-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #156
070mstg

you cant blame everything on the AU (although its fun), but i think one thing that the AU has not helped is the reputation of poor resale value.i would assume this is no longer true with the BA,but reputations are exactly that,an 'idea' of a product that sticks.
i would personally find it a hard choice over a BASE MODEL commodore and falcon.i and would probably sway towards a commodore.i also think they look better in stock trim and i havent heard many bad luck storys as i have with the falcons,but i also dont follow any holden forums so perhaps thats where that idea comes from,simply hearing more about it. i would actually probably go toyota if buying a new vehicle as the wide body camry in the driveway that has been fairfly abused,poorly seviced, has just clocked up 320000 km and has not cost me a cent for the last 4 years,except brake pads,oil and filter.and since new has only required a alternator.thats it in 11 years.i am not a fanatical BRAND loyalist,i am a CAR fanatic,and currently own a ford.
its hardly a case of falcons are amazing,commodores are rubbish as they are both good cars.
one thing that bothers me with falcons (all be it small) is under bonnet mesyness/build quality. as a alarm fitter i stick my head under both regularly and commodores are much better finished under bonnet. falcons seem to commonly have rust staining around the edges/shock towers,which is often cleaned up before delivery, messy /uneven firewall paint and my favorite was the XR6T i saw on the other week with a dirty great washer (about 1 inch diameter)that was on top of the shock tower, painted over . rust creeping from under the cracks around the edge. who ever gave that the inspection tick wasn't looking too hard.and whats worse is that once i told the dealership about it they couldnt seem to care less, with a 'if the owner complains we'll sort it out' attitude.
070mstg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #157
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Default Reading too much into it

The answer to this question is too simple. : Why are Commonwhores outselling Falcons? Some ppl don't know what's good for them. LOL
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #158
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfin
The answer to this question is too simple. : Why are Commonwhores outselling Falcons? Some ppl don't know what's good for them. LOL
I thought they only called them that with you in it:P
Old 22-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #159
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

158 posts on a subject that who gives a rats bum about anyway. Ford AU as a company are making money and profits selling enough cars or actually as many as they can make. Holden sell more cars in AU than Mercedes but that doesn't make them a better car. Another thread in these forums sugests a car for just $2400 and in India they will sell a billion of them but that doesn't make them a better car and the same goes for Toyota here in AU they sell more cars but that doesn't make them better.
Old 22-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #160
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Ahh well, atleast with Holden outselling Ford we don't have high unemployment. I mean, we now have more mechanics employed than ever before.

Quote: