Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #271
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Default Re: FPV GT to be killed off early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Be great to see the Falcon name plate on the GT!

Cannot see them R & D'ing crate engine for such a short time?
And if they did it'd be like the movie " gung ho "
Old 19-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #272
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Latest talk is the XR8 will have an NA crate motor. Don't know if that still means the GS will continue with the SC motor or not.
Is this correct? I may likely be purchasing a GT within the next 2 weeks if this is true .
Old 19-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #273
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Yeah, the irony isn't lost on me or many others I reckon.

BUT as noted by someone above LSA won't make much of a premium, (if any), on what a SC Coyote makes.
Here's the 415 KW version of the LSA in a Cadillac CTS-V that couldn't even make 300 rwkw's on a Mainline dyno in Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0fqU8X4Atc
Even after a tune it only made 308 rwkw's
So if we see similar driveline tranmission losses in the HSV GTS their claimed 430 fwkw version of the LSA will translate to about 310 rwkw's on a Mainline dyno.

I've got a funny feeling I know a car that makes about the same power stock
I really hope GT-R spec remains the fastest car produced in Australia. sick of all me holden mates going on about the GTS claiming that it has 435kw but yet cant come up with an answer when I say "how much will it produce at the wheels??" cant argue with em so I don't bother anymore
This user likes this post:
Old 19-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #274
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Is this correct? I may likely be purchasing a GT within the next 2 weeks if this is true .
wait till aug 13 too confirm. I think we are all upset about the possibility of them not having a GT etc but we havent heard from ford yet. I really hope the GT or at least the Miami V8 will be available for the FH. the current GT is the car that make me "want one". I love that supercharged whine they have!!!
Old 19-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #275
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
BUT as noted by someone above LSA won't make much of a premium, (if any), on what a SC Coyote makes.
Here's the 415 KW version of the LSA in a Cadillac CTS-V that couldn't even make 300 rwkw's on a Mainline dyno in Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0fqU8X4Atc
Even after a tune it only made 308 rwkw's
So if we see similar driveline tranmission losses in the HSV GTS their claimed 430 fwkw version of the LSA will translate to about 310 rwkw's on a Mainline dyno.

I've got a funny feeling I know a car that makes about the same power stock
They wouldn't be that stupid would they? To go through all that effort and still only just compete with the Coyote. Its got over 100nm more torque and "comfortably" under 4.5s to 100 apparently. I think we are kidding ourselves if we think the LSA motor is going to turn out to be a dud in the GTS. I am expecting to see 500hp being delivered to the wheels unfortunately. I would also not be surprised if the General has not fiddled with the tunes in all the V8s across the VF range to play catch up, but not changed the badging. we all saw the SS drag race against the turbo 6 and there are private ones hitting rollers making comfortably more than the VE's ever did.
I would love to be wrong though.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #276
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Go back a step, which vehicles will HSV be using the LSA in?

If the LSA is restricted to GTS only then perhaps that knocks out a lot of potential buyers
Old 19-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #277
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Go back a step, which vehicles will HSV be using the LSA in? If the LSA is restricted to GTS only then perhaps that knocks out a lot of potential buyers
Yeah its only the one model in the range and I think the so called 340 KW SV package in the other models will be lucky to dyno up at more than about 275 rwkw's and will be pretty tame compared to a SC Coyote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Latest talk is the XR8 will have an NA crate motor. Don't know if that still means the GS will continue with the SC motor or not.
Whatever is the lowest cost option to Fraud, opps sorry Ford, will be what they use, this thing is run by cost accountants now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx
They wouldn't be that stupid would they?
With the longer stroke of the LSA it will have more torque than a SC FPV but the jury is out on how much more power. If that dyno result is anything to go by there's not much to worry about. GTS is very expensive and consumables such as for those V8 supercar sized brakes will be off the charts compared to anything we've seen before. Not everyone wants a car that horrendously expensive to buy and maintain.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #278
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

But Holden at least recognise the importance in maintaining availability of a "halo" model designation. Aspirational car with aspirational hardware and inclusions has more brand benefit than margin alone. Something ford au has struggled with for a long time.

Reverse engineering a GT must surely be evidence of that.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 19-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #279
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
But Holden at least recognise the importance in maintaining availability of a "halo" model designation. Aspirational car with aspirational hardware and inclusions has more brand benefit than margin alone. Something ford au has struggled with for a long time.

Reverse engineering a GT must surely be evidence of that.
Reverse engineering

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 19-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #280
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol, I love reading these speculation threads of a morning. Really makes my day. Keep it up guys!
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Old 19-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #281
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Lol, I love reading these speculation threads of a morning. Really makes my day. Keep it up guys!
Just like all those speculative threads that FPV / Prodrive were being sold and premises shutdown and that all the HiPo models were going to be built back at Broady ............

If FoA dont have the balls to come on here and temper our discussion with some facts and "guidance" on the state of affairs.......then speculate and ponder we will......August 13 is a hell of a long way away.....lots of passionate members on here like to "talk" ......and so far.........what i have read on here makes perfect and logical business sense. Do you have something to the contrary.......?
Old 19-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #282
GTP-814
love the quad cams

here we go again, but at least the V8 wont be dropped this time around.

The US has plenty of great HP Mustang Tuning Houses. Lets hope one affiliates themselves with Fords AU so we have a marketing brand to sit behind
Maybe someone with Nascar Mustang experience to be the V8Supercar team
Old 19-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #283
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Rob Herrod has already been taking steps to align himself with Roush, I assume he knows what is coming with the contacts he has so he is setting his position ready to hit the ground running with Mustang/Taurus/Fusion whatever comes our way

Daniel
7 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #284
GT014

You would really think Ford would make some comment about this if it wasn't true, at least a simple 'no the fpv gt will continue until 2016'

There silence makes me believe its true. Guess we will have to wait until,Aug 13.

Any one know if they are going to show the 2014 Falcon at this event?
Old 19-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #285
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Is this the last link in the chain laughing at info closer to the source?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 19-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #286
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
As much as I want this to happen, and know where you sit, I just cant see it.

IF it does go ahead it only reconfirms the people running the show have completely lost the plot, another good idea 3-4 years to late.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 19-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #287
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead Phipps
We want to thank you for your advocacy and the support and loyalty you’ve shown to the blue oval.
I guess we should have taken that post, as a final message to loyal fans/supporters here, from Ford.

Not a shot personally at who I quoted above (from the "Closure" thread), but as per Tex's post, but I'm finding it hard to think/say anything positive about FoA atm. Especially given the information void.

But FoA owes us nothing. It’s obvious Ford senior management only care about this site and its members, when it suits whatever the latest line they are pushing. There's no passion, nor any care towards this site and the many members. Which is at complete odds with those here that are fans, and for the most part have an emotional attachment to FoA and/or the Ford vehicle owned. But FoA is a business, so it’s ok to drop kick the fans. Right? We have no commercial value obviously.

However, I wonder how many members on this site, apart from private buyers, are decision makers for their business needs in a med/small business? I know I’ve had the choice to, and have supported Ford over many years, with Ford supplied vehicles that have suited the business needs of my staff, (and separately my own).

As a fan, I choose to buy Ford, because of my support of the “Ford culture” (history, this site, car clubs, etc.).
As a business owner I’ve chosen Ford’s because whatever type of vehicles I’ve been after, they have had a good range to choose from to suit, AND importantly because I’m a Ford fan!

Now, I see Ford are not supportive to members here, but perhaps they are ignoring the fact that there are people here, that are decision makers, and by ignoring them, they are ignoring the people they want to sell whatever future Ford range there is going to be.

This is purely a PR issue that even if they cannot answer specific questions, what value to send through a few words whenever there’s news like this in the media? Chances are they may not be able to give an answer, but they don’t need to. Just give the impression there is care there and you’ll hold the support of a lot of people. Don’t and well, FoA may well lose possible future purchases, not because of the vehicles (which for the most part of great) but purely because of the poor way PR continues to be handled, not just here, but in the media.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 19-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #288
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also wonder how much is being controlled out of the US. Eg, wasn't it the US that stopped Ford Oz talking about any involvement in the next Mustang. Could you imagine what Holden would be sending out to it's favoured press if it was designing the towbar mount on the next Chevy?
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #289
XWGT