Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #4891
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Ermm this could be good or bad.
I'm tipping pretty good

But who knows ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #4892
AUS GRUNT

TBH the 335's should have came out with 275's on the rear anyway, because the 245's seem to be useless at times on a 335, but on a xr6t the 245's seem to provide enough traction (obviously in dry conditions)
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #4893
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
Ummm... no lol. When I stated that the early XR prototypes that Spyman took last year and posted here, I said they were currently using G series ones as the XR ones were still being made and mostly everyone disagreed saying they weren't going to have the Dual DRL's only the single basic strip. So get your facts straight
spyman pointed that out man moons ago (G-spec lights in XR)...and that XR's got hockey sticks (before you came along...hence every photoshop since the teaser vid have said feature).

Most discussion related to how the DRL's were implemented, as close up's of the G6 shows a clear picture of how they set up works, with LED's running along the bottom, and a sculptured chrome bucket running along the bottom (similar bucket to the current territory).

The question still remains on the implementation of the XR series DRL's, if the "hockey stick" head lamp buckets are back lit glass tubes, LED's strips, inside the bucket or not...As no one has properly seen one, especially in full operation...these mules still have tape on the lights hiding something...

Hopefully they are backlit glass tube instead of a lens diffused....led strip

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #4894
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Looks like the XR's get the in-mirror side indicators, while low spec get the indicator in the guard vent...probably uses the Territory lamp and chrome blank off strip...

\≡≡T≡≡/
This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2014, 06:22 PM   #4895
Callum31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
spyman pointed that out man moons ago (G-spec lights in XR)...and that XR's got hockey sticks (before you came along...hence every photoshop since the teaser vid have said feature).

Most discussion related to how the DRL's were implemented, as close up's of the G6 shows a clear picture of how they set up works, with LED's running along the bottom, and a sculptured chrome bucket running along the bottom (similar bucket to the current territory).

The question still remains on the implementation of the XR series DRL's, if the "hockey stick" head lamp buckets are back lit glass tubes, LED's strips, inside the bucket or not...As no one has properly seen one, especially in full operation...these mules still have tape on the lights hiding something...

Hopefully they are backlit glass tube instead of a lens diffused....led strip
Lol I was the one who convinced him that was the case, he earlier on thought they were just a thing to put in the teaser video that made people "think Falcon" but they weren't actually being made. I still have the message...
Callum31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #4896
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
My gut feel is 1 model with the option of luxury pack, which will also be optional on XR6 and XR6 T.

XR8 will get Brembos and 19 inch wheels / 275 rear rubber standard though with the 335 donk.

But hey Callum probably knows better.
That's what I would think...

Lets just hope they have cast new wheels, and XR's don't just get FPV's stock lol

Really no different to the other natural progression of enhancements over the years, quite often a new model will get the past models performance upgrades...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 30-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #4897
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post
TBH the 335's should have came out with 275's on the rear anyway, because the 245's seem to be useless at times on a 335, but on a xr6t the 245's seem to provide enough traction (obviously in dry conditions)
are you kidding? not the case at all my friend, not with the 19's anyway
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #4898
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

275's work better on both cars, but would potentially kill diff bushes quicker in Turbo applications.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #4899
fordwood

I feel like some cars have the old wiper blades and others have the new ones like on the gt-f, could this somehow suggest auto wipers for some and not others maybe...
fordwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #4900
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
are you kidding? not the case at all my friend, not with the 19's anyway
I have a MKI fg xr6t, which has the 18'' wheels, seems fine traction wise...yes it does wheelspin a little when launching in 1st, but will hardly even churp 2nd (traction control turned on)
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #4901
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

No more post deletes without warnings. Want to act like school kids, I'm happy to treat you like school kids
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #4902
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS GRUNT View Post
I have a MKI fg xr6t, which has the 18'' wheels, seems fine traction wise...yes it does wheelspin a little when launching in 1st, but will hardly even churp 2nd (traction control turned on)
my mk2 was 'ok' with 18's, with the 19's and OEM tyres (new) they were and still are terrible, worlds apart. If FZ XR8 has 19's standard, i would very much hope they'd up the wheel width/tyre size, and hope they do similar with XRT.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #4903
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordwood View Post
I feel like some cars have the old wiper blades and others have the new ones like on the gt-f, could this somehow suggest auto wipers for some and not others maybe...
Looks like they have gone to a Bosch aerotwin setup for wiper blades. But I think it will be across the range.

Some cars wont have auto wipers though I dont think, check out the windscreens.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #4904
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS View Post
No more post deletes without warnings. Want to act like school kids, I'm happy to treat you like school kids
There's a pretty simple fix mate.

Delete the problem at the source.
Old 30-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #4905
IngoStang

So what would the assumption be of an XR8 costing? I've never owned one. If there is a regular model, low 50's then the higher spec version up around the high 50's?
IngoStang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #4906
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1XLS View Post
Might not be too much of an issue moving forward - I reckon many of those that know things for sure have put he who thinks he knows all on their ignore list.

To be fair though it was said a few pages back that a certain someone has not contributed any new news or told us anything we didn't already know, which is unfair because without their input I would not have known that employees can give their mates a tour of the factory to show them unreleased models that are being hidden from the public, and I also would not have known the NA I6 is going to be packing 210kw.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #4907
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Just move forward with the thread please
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #4908
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

Quote:
Looks like they have gone to a Bosch aerotwin setup for wiper blades. But I think it will be across the range.

Some cars wont have auto wipers though I dont think, check out the windscreens.
Definitely looks like they have gone the same design as the VE/VF, much better wiper, but more expensive to replace..

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #4909
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
Definitely looks like they have gone the same design as the VE/VF, much better wiper, but more expensive to replace..
Yes true but they last longer!
Old 30-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #4910
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Carnage here today.

Hi Ford.

I'll have an XR8 with the nice coloured exterior mirrors, big wheels and brakes thanks.

Probably in Black.

Thank you.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #4911
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
I damn we'll nearly jizzed myself over those pics.

Hey spyman, those rims on the XR's look like the current fpv wheels. Is that what the XR's are gonna have? I reckon they need a new design and would be pretty disappointed if they were running with that wheel design
Hey,
Yes your right, but I've seen the multi spoke ones aswell that look like fan blades, I'm open to this but maybe due to cost they will prob stick to current wide wheel packs ie like GTF

Carnt remember if you can see the other type on the petrol cap pic( grey car)

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #4912
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cars sales.com.au reckon Dec 1 is release date. It was October.lets hope Dec 1 doesn't become sometime early 2015??
Old 30-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #4913
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Updated rear...pity the bar is so covered...still a lot of guess work, but hey, only those who have seen the physical thing in person will know exactly.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 30-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #4914
GT014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum31 View Post
What did i tell you guys!??!?!

The G SERIES HAS THE STRIP.
We all knew this all along, u didn't provide any scoop
Old 30-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #4915
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

There will soon be no need to delete me. The level of personal abuse on this forum these days is crazy. I will hold out as long as Falcon does and them I am gone!

I am personally surprised by the amount of tech upgrade coming through and would never have thought they would of gone to the lengths of fitting auto wipers etc. Impressive.

I like the idea of the bespoke feel, in regard to the different colour mirrors etc. While no doubt it is a cheap change for them, I think it a simple way to add to model differentiation. and bring some changes through.
2000 Ford Falcon Wagon Egas
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #4916
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Updated rear...pity the bar is so covered...still a lot of guess work, but hey, only those who have seen the physical thing in person will know exactly.

Hey,

Boot lights don't kink up, lens goes to a point into boot take bottom led out

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #4917
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

So the lights are sorta like this?

\≡≡T≡≡/
2 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #4918
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Yeah kind of hard to describe but the lower bootlid light sort of comes off the chrome spear at an angle and doesn't have the kink as spyman said

E: just reverse the upper boot lights on that Jag pic and you're done.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #4919
joeyy17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Since the Ford Kuga has the 'kick-activated automatic tailgate' feature where you can just put your foot under the rear bumper to automatically open the boot if your hands are full, does anyone think we will see this on the Territory or the falcon?
Old 30-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #4920
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Quote:
May as well do a rear end while im going :-)

I like this rear concept more than I am going to like the actual one I think!
Great job!
2000 Ford Falcon Wagon Egas
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.