Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 13-05-2010, 07:13 AM   #481
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Has the amount of rep points you can give in one day changed? I thought you could only allocate two per day/24hr period?

I will make that a bit clearer...can you only award two different members rep points in one 24 hour period or has it changed?
I thought it was always 3?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 13-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #482
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It is indeed 3.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 21-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #483
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
This is interesting.. id like to make it up too XR at least seeing as thats what i drive.. very surprised i dont have three red faces and a leyland p76 recognition but anyway wish me luck on my endeavours Daz..x..
Unbelievable i'm an F6 vroom vroom , but seriously. If people click "I approve of this post" is that where the points come from?

Because i received one grey face and the comment seemed nice and friendly ??

Point is you cant actually disapprove of a post can you?

Because if we could disapprove someones posts , surely we could drive the smilies backwards into the red and make them a Kia-Rio ?

Just got someone in mind is all.. great work guys keep it up ..Daz..xxx..
Old 21-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #484
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Unbelievable i'm an F6 vroom vroom , but seriously. If people click "I approve of this post" is that where the points come from?

Because i received one grey face and the comment seemed nice and friendly ??

Point is you cant actually disapprove of a post can you?

Because if we could disapprove someones posts , surely we could drive the smilies backwards into the red and make them a Kia-Rio ?

Just got someone in mind is all.. great work guys keep it up ..Daz..xxx..

No rep power by the person who gave you the approve post gives you a grey face in your list. I've received a few. Until a user gets 1 rep point you will not get a yellow smiley face in your user CP list.
Old 21-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #485
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
No rep power by the person who gave you the approve post gives you a grey face in your list. I've received a few. Until a user gets 1 rep point you will not get a yellow smiley face in your user CP list.
Oh ok , so if i give him rep then my grey face lights up like a fat kid on a cupcake ?
Old 22-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #486
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Oh ok , so if i give him rep then my grey face lights up like a fat kid on a cupcake ?
No, it'll stay grey as its points given to you at that point in time.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:47 AM   #487
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Is there anyway I can see who I have given out rep point's to in my past history, my memory is not that good, I remember the recent but not the 1st's.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #488
zdcol71
zdcol71

Slightly different topic, but can someone explain the member hierarchy here. ie, what qualifies gold and platinum status, what are the differences in roles/responsibility between Admins and directors, and who becomes a mod and how??
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #489
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdcol71
Slightly different topic, but can someone explain the member hierarchy here. ie, what qualifies gold and platinum status, what are the differences in roles/responsibility between Admins and directors, and who becomes a mod and how??
The gold and Platinum status identifies the dontating level's, member's that donate to the site at varying level's,
Admin's and Director's and mod's are the people that keep this place ongoing and fine tune it, they are the parent's that keep us all under wrap and inline so to speak, lol...
Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #490
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Is there anyway I can see who I have given out rep point's to in my past history, my memory is not that good, I remember the recent but not the 1st's.
No. I'm like you and asked (via PM) before.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #491
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hords
No. I'm like you and asked (via PM) before.
Cheer's, thank's for that.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #492
Road Games

Wink

This has been a cool idea , i give out rep to 3 people religously every day depending on how amusing or straight up helpful their posts are...

And yet i only ever seem to get rep back from the same 2 individuals.. I would love the ability to see who i have given rep too so i dont make that mistake again ?

I mean its courtesy innit ??

Just a thought .....
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #493
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

It is not...you give me points, I'll give you some!

I give rep points to those that deserve them and I certainly do not expect any back just because I gave them some.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #494
Road Games

Quote:

I give rep points to those that deserve them and I certainly do not expect any back just because I gave them some.
Sorry Colleen didn't i give you some already ??

Hang about .........fixed...xx..
Old 04-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #495
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:

Exactly, I feel the same but it seem's like there are some that will surcome to the notion,
I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine, seem's to be happening quite a bit I do believe.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #496
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's not a tit-for-tat system and we review it regularly and those rep entries with no comment attached are deleted as are "return" favours.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #497
Road Games

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
It's not a tit-for-tat system and we review it regularly and those rep entries with no comment attached are deleted as are "return" favours.

Regards
Russ
Fair enough ... thought provoking as this exercise was russell ... i wont ever give a tit for tat rep point... i understand what i did tonight will be removed from Coleens account and there's nothing more i can say on the matter..

I had wondered why yours stopped at 100 and now i have read all the pages.. I wont ask anymore stupid questions !
Old 07-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #498
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Is there a way to give rep points after a sucessful transaction? Ex: the sale was negotiated by pm but I couldn't see a way to add via his user pc or on the pm 's. I had to go to a thread by the user to add to his rep that way.

Is that the only way?

Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #499
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Is there a way to give rep points after a sucessful transaction? Ex: the sale was negotiated by pm but I couldn't see a way to add via his user pc or on the pm 's. I had to go to a thread by the user to add to his rep that way.

Is that the only way?
Correct.
Old 13-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #500
Road Games

Hi i've recently noticed that i cannot give rep ?

And i dont mean just because someone gave me rep either , i refresh the page but the person i am giving rep too doesn't recieve any ...

And if i click another post of there's it states the obvious 'must spread it around' before offering again but they didnt get any ...

Is this because of a previous post i made ??
Cheers ...

*edit* I was just able to give rep to someone i havn't given rep to before ?!

Last edited by Road Games; 13-09-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 15-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #501
Bobman
Regulator

One question I have. How does DAZZLER351 (above) have many green faces and has less rep power than my nickname, yet I only have 2 green faces?

Is that because I've been giving away points by giving reps out frequently, or is it a case of only 1000 posts difference?

Nothing against you, Daz. I'm curious why some nicknames have more green faces but less rep power. Or is this because of points & posts together?

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 15-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #502
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Rep power is calculated based on posts, length of membership and reputation score while reputation score is merely a reflection of reputation given. Also for some types of users the maximum rep power is capped at 100.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 16-10-2010, 01:34 AM   #503
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
- 500 - User is a Lada - not even a car
- 500 - User is a P76 - unloved by most
- 200 - User is a Commodore - still short of the mark
0 - User is an unknown quantity at this point
+10 - User is an XT - entry level
+101 - User is a G6 - entry level with style
+301 - User is an XR - sporty and worthy of respect
+500 - User is a G6E - stylish and purposeful
+750 - User is a G6E-T, a force to be reckoned with
+1,000 - User is an F6 - not to be underestimated
+1,500 - User is a Fairlane - prestigious and well known
+2,500 - User is a GT-E, near the top
5,000+ - User is a GT-HO, at the pinnacle
Just thought I'd bring this closer to the front as I had to go hunting
Old 28-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #504
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Just thought I'd bring this closer to the front as I had to go hunting
And who woulda thought i could be a GT-E near the top ??
Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #505
Road Games

Quote:
And who woulda thought i could be a GT-E near the top ??
Speaking of which ... iliov he has an awful lot of smilies in the wrong colour...

Is it at all possible to trade some of my GREEN faces to remove his RED faces ?

I appreciate my rep and all i truly do, but he deserves a second chance just as i was given ....

Thought's on this Russ ?

He seems like a good kid , just a little immature ?
And i dont think he should feel ashamed to be here ...Daz.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #506
HSE2

Then that will be reflected in the way he conducts himself on the forum and in time will be duly rewarded as rep earned not rep given.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #507
Road Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSE2
Then that will be reflected in the way he conducts himself on the forum and in time will be duly rewarded as rep earned not rep given.
Yeah i realise that mate , but Nathan seems to be trying hard to play by the rules?
I know i should have PM'd this post and i was about to delete it but to late you replied to it ...Daz.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #508
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If this has been covered sincere appologies, but does a thread/post have an expiry? For instance if i see a thread or a post that is extremely helpful to me say 18 months old, can i still give rep to that member and will it be accepted?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #509
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150gk
If this has been covered sincere appologies, but does a thread/post have an expiry? For instance if i see a thread or a post that is extremely helpful to me say 18 months old, can i still give rep to that member and will it be accepted?
I'm sure you can ? , not 100 % though.

Just had a look see on some 3 yr old thread's and I'm sure you can, so yes.

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 01-12-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 19-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #510
Road Games

So occasionally i have tried to give rep ( 5 min ago) and their rep count didnt change neither did their smilie count change ...
Now this is totally random but COULD this be because I am on this persons IGNORE list ??
I tried again and got the note "rep cannot be given to the same post twice" hahah it didnt get recognised the first time ?!! Daz.
Closed Thread