Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

The youth of today jumped on and caved in the roof of my car last night. I'm only just 22 but I have a lot more respect for people property than the derro deadbeat droplicks that live in my area.

My parents brought me up teaching me respect, value and good morals. Why have these kids been brought up with?

Now my car will probably be written off because some moron decidided to use my car roof as a trampoline!

There is a thread in the pub with some pictures :(
Old 03-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #32
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
The new breed of Australian. The future job seekers, tax payers and working backbone of the nation.

We are screwed.
And they will be allowed to continue breeding.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 03-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
more youth bashing...
Bashing given when bashing due mate. I'm 22 so I'm by no means old, but compared to the deadbeats that inhabit this suburb too you really gotta ask the question what went wrong.

Try and defend the youth that jumped ony car roof? You can't. And the fact that they all roam around in packs too scared to front up for themselves says something about them.

How old are you mate? Plenty of us don't roam around breaking stuff but there are always gonna be bad eggs.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #34
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

It really does suck HLC, it really does. Combined with the fact that its usually done by people who cant afford to pay for the damages, and not being able to take it out on their ***** doesnt help :( its as if the victim of this stuff gets the s__ty end of the stick.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #35
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i am 38 monday and when i was 17 8 cops bashed the hell out of me for no other reason then being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

so from personal experience, it has done nothing to me other than make me a very dangerous individual in the years that followed.

and as a parent i have never belted my kids and if anyone thinks that violence against young people works then you are dreaming.

it sounds to me like you have a lot of groing up to HLC with your 22 years under your belt you know nothing!

and again you have no proof they were youths.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #36
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
i am 38 monday and when i was 17 8 cops bashed the hell out of me for no other reason then being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

so from personal experience, it has done nothing to me other than make me a very dangerous individual in the years that followed.

and as a parent i have never belted my kids and if anyone thinks that violence against young people works then you are dreaming.
it sounds to me like you have a lot of groing up to HLC with your 22 years under your belt you know nothing!

I disagree, everytime i was out of line or did something stupid i always got the spoon, cord or a slap on the ***. I have never been in trouble with the police (except for the odd speeding fine) or damaged anyones property or the likes and i turned out a normal young adult. And im sure these sentiments will be echoed by many other young adults on here.
Heres your side(No discipline)- My cousins were never diciplined ever, at family gatherings etc ie Christmas they would carry on and on untill they got their way. If they did something wrong nothing ever happened to them. Now the eldest has been in and out of jail for the last 4 yearss, one is just 18 and has his first child and the other although he is a qualifed builder earning 100k p/a, he has NOTHING to show for it.
Discipline doesnt work eh, theres proof my friend
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #37
johnny351
used to be johnny260

i was in the drive true one nite and had the same sorta thing happen to me but these drunk underage morons(16-17) were actually sitting on my EF fairmonts boot every time id stop so i did what i normally wouldn't do and got out and went nuts they stopped after that
Old 03-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #38
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Quote:
unfortunately i cant positively contribute to this thread any more.
Bloke, you are so one eyed at times - - - -there are other people around the place who have opinions and different ways of doing things based on their upbringing and life experiences
It's great to disagree,as it contributes to the discussion.

However this 'spoiled child' stuff you posted above is just plain wrong and diminishes how you are thought of round here.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.

Last edited by DJM83; 03-10-2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Quoting deleted post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #39
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lets be realistic about the "jumping on the car roof" thing. Any individual with half a brain, whether they be young or old, knows that this is not the right thing to do.

Everyone has choices. Some do make the wrong ones ........ and get away with it. No accountability anymore. The workplace is no different.

I too have chased teenagers down the road of an afternoon for giving cheek when it was not required or provoted. Caught them. Gave them a mouthful for there days of harrassment.
Now I not a tall man (5 10) but there were three. One was half the size of me again. So I went for him first. Found out he was the whimp of the group. I soon worked out that it was the smallest one of the group who had the biggest mouth that required the tuning. Shame him in front of his friends and the rest fold like a deck of cards.

Allow me to paint a picture here please. I'm 38yrs old. I have stuffed wrists, elbows, knees and ankles from heavy work ..... and martial arts and boxing (which I did after moving out of home to find a job and working a 10-12hr day of physical labour). Worked long hard since before my teens on the family farm so I didn't have time to play sport, etc on weekends or school holidays. I haven't stopped working and have never been on the dole or been sacked from a job and have paid my taxes as we all do. The problem I faced here with these boys at the time, after I chased them down without blowing a knee, was "OK. you are giving them a serve. They are circling you like the cowards they are. Somethings may happen here. All I could think about was if something does happen, don't hurt these boys....... you don't want to make them the victims and have your ar$e sued. Just be careful what you do here if it turns nasty."

You see, it appears that in todays society that even if you defend what you deem to be right and hurt someone in the process, you are not the victim. It appears you have to get hurt and not fight back and become the victim. This is a very dangerous area to be in and too fine a line.
Please note that I notified the police about this particular case the day prior and was trying to get through to them again when these lads started mouthing off again. No response at all from the law. Next move was to act as they entered my yard to stir the dog up. The hide of it.
The outcome was good.Spoke my mind, noone hurt physically and I haven't seen them come around since.
Personally, I believe in respect and accountability. We all have those choices and simple manners cost nothing.

Oh yes. I too saw the back of my fathers hand numerous times throughout my younger years. I am grateful to him for that now. It may have hurt at the time, but it was for a reason. Accountability, punishment and shame is a good thing to build character.

Last edited by J.C.; 03-10-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Teflon Turbo, get over yourself mate. It a simple example of what i have witnessed. Im not ignorant either mate so pull your head in, not saying its right or wrong its just my opinion on discipline. If you dont like someones opinion dont come on here then.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 03-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

I believe that post was a reflection of the type of people we are talking about, thankyou for deleting it DJM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #42
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
The youth of today jumped on and caved in the roof of my car last night. I'm only just 22 but I have a lot more respect for people property than the derro deadbeat droplicks that live in my area.

My parents brought me up teaching me respect, value and good morals. Why have these kids been brought up with?

Now my car will probably be written off because some moron decidided to use my car roof as a trampoline!

There is a thread in the pub with some pictures :(

dam id be ****ed of man im feeling for u hope u can work though this and get it sorted
Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #43
AustinA40
Tourer

Default Nasho.

I'm for bringing back National Service, the first 6 weeks at Puckupunyal they hammer you with orders and you obey or you suffer, marching, marching, marching, rifle drill, bed making the correct way or look out, washing and ironing your clothes and blancoing your belt, polishing brass, the list goes on,
Then out to the rifle range (the best bit for me) to shoot at targets with a variety of weapons (not the Sargeant)
After that I went into Artillary for the remainder of the 3 months blowing up all manner of things including a flock of sheep, no kidding.
Everyone in my intake came out a better person for it (some blokes at the start were real smart ***** but soon learnt) and we all marched proudly through Melbourne at the end of our service.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #44
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:

except for the woman who owned the house where my car was parked and saw a group of youths walking off. Pull your head in mate. You come and live in st Clair and tell me that we don't have a youth problem here. Being of that age and regularly being out at these sort of hours I think I would know how the current youth of society behaves.

Enjoy your holiday.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #45
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully those losers that wrecked the roof of hlc car get rewarded back 10 times by Karma for their actions.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #46
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

When I was a teenager, gee, starting to seem a long time ago. Anyhow I remember once doing a paper round and seeing the locals pull up, had a chat to me about not having a light on my bike. I was "yes sir" and that day taped a torch to my bike and thought I was lucky to get off. Now if police ask teenagers and younger such a simple request they will often get lip back, abuse and more. This also happens with elders, teachers etc.

I do not know the cause of the problem, but it is there, and the same generation, the y generation that went pear shaped are the ones in the CBD on the weekend belting the crap out of people. I think the Government is the main reason of blame, the softening of laws and the allowance of the way the Childrens' court deals with minors as offenders. It is a joke. For any that have not experienced it go and sit in the Childrens' court for day, hear the severity of the crimes and the way the magistrates and system treat them, the offenders, like victims.

This same sort of issue now effects the normal court system with adults. Offenders and potential offenders in their actions don't seem to give a damn about others and the consequences of their actions. Quite simply there is no respect out their anymore.

I for one see the problem daily at work but I think the community is too weak, stubborn and pig headed to do anything about it. Unfortunately the police are weak, their hands are tied and the community has lost respect for them thanks to the Government's constant use of speed cameras etc to raise revenue. The courts magistrates and judges are predominately ex defence solicitors so the system is weighted to support the offenders. And due to the fact the kids are now not brought up right, stuck in day care, then schools where teachers can't say boo, by the time they are adults it is too late.

I think society is slipping down the toilet at a fast rate.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #47
BA-Fan
Formerly SM0KED

The cause of the Y Generation problem is parenting (OR LACK THERE OF). Most people can have kids but only the minority these days are 'good parents'.

How can you behave if you have never been taught how to?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #48
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM0KED
The cause of the Y Generation problem is parenting (OR LACK THERE OF). Most people can have kids but only the minority these days are 'good parents'.

How can you behave if you have never been taught how to?
Well said!My 15 year old son was invited to a party last weekend and when i asked him why he didn't want to go he stated it was because all the other kids drink at these parties and he doesn't want to be a part of it.Made me very proud to see i have raised a boy with such standards.It begs the question though of how could a parent let 15 year olds drink at a party at there home?No wonder these kids are out of control.

Last edited by FALCONXTV8; 03-10-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #49
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

THis story is all to common.

I taught Karate for 6 years and the general lack of respect that was shown by younger people when they joined was amazing.

What was a pleasure to see was the transformation of many of these young ones in to courteous, hard working students. The school of tough love worked in the class where disrespect was treated with a punishment of hard work or a good smacking.

To many times we blame the youth of today for their poor behaviour when we really should look back a generation to the parents. NOt saying all parents are bad, but after dealing with them, after chastising their children, i could see why the kids were like they were.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #50
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

im going to chuck in a comment here, based on my experience as a youth. im 20 and im not afraid to admit i used to be a bit of a misfit. i never wantonly destroyed property, rather i just wagged school a lot and drank a bit at parties, occasionally got into strife with the law nothing major just a "dont do it again" sort of thing. it was due to my parents that i was able to straighten up and fly right, they tough loved me pretty well. if i misbehaved, i was either deprived of something or given the belt. everyone complains "you cant hit a kid" well, let me tell you, when i was 15 i was as big as my dad, and that belt did hurt a bit, but im not made of rubber for godsake. i didnt break into a million peices. i learnt my lesson not to screw up. that belt was a wakeup call. im an advocater of it, go on, give the kid a tap. dont bash their head in....thats not what its about. a slight tap with the belt or over the head won't cause them any lasting damage and it does shock them into behaving.

my own misadventures started when i was allowed out on a saturday night for the first time at 14. i got trashed, picked a fight and came home with a bloody face. copped the belt. didnt drink again for a year till i told myself i could control it. it was because of that belt that i made that choice.

years later i still get bombed and a little rowdy but i do it in the confines of my own home or friends, and i never get too silly. i know when to stop. many times i have to stop some of my friends from drinking too much, because we all know what liquid courage does to people. they thank me in the morning.

i suppose a lot of the kids these days are almost beyond help. at 14-17 a lot of their current morals and beliefs are set in their heads in stone. i am hoping agaisnt hope that i am wrong. i'd like there to be a chance for them. i was headed nowhere fast but managed to get myself on track with a job and stuck it out. a bit of tough love never hurt anybody. i ask you, what would you prefer? me, now, as i am, working paying taxes, doing good for society? or being a dole bludger, hooked on drugs and causing problems for society? well, its a thin leather belt that decided that one.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #51
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

That's a bummer about your car HLC :( .

Anyway, some good points made on here and I agree with most of them.
Now I have calmed down I think back to lastnight and think how lucky I was that they all backed off and I didn't whack one of them, or I probably would of been on assult charges ! . I'm usualy a pretty easy going guy but it made me soooooooooo mad I lost it ! . cheers.

:eclipsee_

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 03-10-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #52
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

It's all good.

I guess we've all been affected by the lack of morals and disrespect. It's common. It's "normal". And, it will come to an end. ;)

"Cause and effect" is something we all know about.

There is a cause for this behaviour, but I'm afraid no one here has yet identified. Rather, too many 'cures' have been brought up.

Fix the cause; prevention is better than the cure, we all know that, too. Unfortunately, it involves a very bitter pill we (the general society) will 'never' take. It will be taken though, once there is no other option.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #53
GUTLES
Adam.

Which maccas? Pakenham or Warragul? My moneys on Pakenham.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #54
Bobman
Regulator

The other issue is there is a population problem and our Government are paying people to breed (another topic in itself).

Then there's the immigration issue (a real problem), with certain minorities giving some groups a bad name and ruining it for the rest of them.

I'm 25, but I would never dis-respect someone else's property and I even take rubbish home with me rather than just "throw it on the ground" like some other misfits. Same goes for those who just flick their butts on the pavement. It's totally a respect thing and there's a major lack of it.

Things might have been bad for a while but in the last 10 years and even 5, they've rapidly accelerated to something that we haven't seen before in society.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #55
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Either let police belt people again (regardless of age - if they're old enough to know what they're doing, then they're old enough to understand the consequences - if you aren't doing the wrong thing, then what have you got to worry about?), or get those giant space ants to Earth...

Don't snap my undies.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:13 AM   #56
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The ideas of political correctness and wrapping these kids in cotton wool has already been address, but some of it does really come back to the influence parents have on kids.

Working in a retail enviroment, the absolute rudeness, bull**** and disrespect that comes out almost normal, average parents is amazing. Working in management I dare say I make more than most of these people anyway, but sadly theres a perception I don't and I'm some-what stupid. But the attitudes towards those trying to help them and serve them is mind blowing.

If parents cant show any sort of respect towards fellow human beings, what are the chances their smug kids will?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 AM   #57
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman
Things might have been bad for a while but in the last 10 years and even 5, they've rapidly accelerated to something that we haven't seen before in society.
I guess you can say, without order society can not exist, but without chaos society can not evolve.

It will get to a point, where a hardline and no-bull**** stance will hopefully be reintroduced.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #58
Bobman
Regulator

Agreed, onfire.

Good points too about parenting. I know people who work in childcare and a fair few parents don't care if their children are sick when they take them to the centre and infect other kids, they are too busy having a latte at the shopping centre or just don't care. It's quite sad.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 04-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #59
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
Which maccas? Pakenham or Warragul? My moneys on Pakenham.
OMG mate , are you a mind reader ! , that's freaky !. You hit the nail on the head , it was the Pakenham Drive-through, it wasn't you was it ? ..lol ( jokin).
I'm actualy 5 mins from Warragul, and it's been pretty tame down at the Warragul drive-through the last few months thankfully.

I still can't believe you nailed it on the head with the Pakenham drive-through , have you had problems there too is the past ?

:eclipsee_
Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #60
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i saw an incident todat at the shops that will definately change my mind on todays youth.

I was walking out the shopping centre going to go home, just about to cross the road to the carpark when to my left there were 2 young boys aged around 10 and 12 ( of "local" decent) were hassling a man of around 30 years old (of asian decent) threatening to kick his head in.

A walked over in a hurry and they started walking away yelling obscenities while the man was shell shocked. They then looked over at me and started yelling stuff along the lines "you Fat C..., etc" which i thought was bad enough. They then ran off to what looked like their parents or relatives.

Anyways, i spoke to the man, who no doubt was shaken and confused from the event and asked what happened. He told me that they had asked him for a cigarette to which he replied " I don't smoke, and you shouldnt be smoking because you are too young".

All honesty, if it wasnt in an open area and had a few onlookers, i dare say he would have been in potential trouble.

It has definately made me think where todays kids (tomorrows adults) will be in years to come. It seems attitude has become a thing of the past and respect is getting rarer. I know that for every bad egg there is at least a dozen good ones, but the odds seem to be slimming...

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Closed Thread