Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #31
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd just like a decent 5-year waranty standard with a customer friendly dealership service department to go with it!

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 02:10 AM   #32
xy500
Constant annoyance

if i'm forking out for a new car, i would like to expect it to last well over 15 years and 300,000km
thats why i'll never buy new, waste of money
Old 15-04-2010, 04:29 AM   #33
egosfast
Out and About

Just a little thing, but I'd like a windscreen washer pump that puts out more than a trickle.
Old 15-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #34
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What would i want from ford Australia??.... Nothing at all wrong with the vehicle they sold me, very happy. But after experiencing the whole dealership/ warranty/ muppet workmanship.. They can jam another purchase up their ***!!
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 07:58 AM   #35
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11289211

Lukeyson
Old 15-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #36
Kryton

Second page and only about 3 actual ideas - plenty of people whinge about their cars, yet no one has anything they'd like added.

I have a feature that i would like to see on ALL cars - so much so, i actually wrote to Ford a couple of years ago before the FG was put into production.
It seems they actually took part of the idea and adapted it into the FG, so they do listen and if it is a good idea, they will try and incorporate it.

The idea i had was what i called "Dual Zone Cruise Control".
Basically you can set 2 different speeds, 70km/h for example and 100km/h on the second zone (you could pick any speeds like you can already on any cruise control car).
If your travelling the highway, instead of resetting the cruise control from 100km/h to drive through a town and then have to reset it back to 100km/h after you pass through, you would simply set the second zone to the townships speed limit, cruise through and then once your out on the open road, you use the second zone to continue back on to the already set 100km/h.

With so many speed cameras these days and different speed zones (especially school zones), it make sense to have a look at the functionality of cruise control.

I do believe that they used something similar in the FG, in that you could advance your preset speed by 5km/h each push of the button instead of the usual 2 km/h.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #37
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would love to see :

Fix the dogleg kids rip the rubber off getting in and out then the door won't shut and the central locking has a spazz out attracting attention to said dogleg issue

auto down and up windows like the ford focus has come on warm climate and all windows winding down when I unlock car would be nice ford aust. get an lv focus from a showroom and play with it to see what I mean.

more choices of factory mag wheels I know its a small thing but they all got the same wheels, and while we on the subject of wheels what about being able to option wider rear shoes?

all wheel drive would be a godsend but I don't think even ford aust. could get AWD under a falcon type car.

if you are going to build another 4wd toorak mobile don't, build a REAL 4wd with real offroad capability which the terri does not have.

and we live in a very sunny country sunroofs??

Holden special vehicles - for special people

Last edited by mrbaxr6t; 15-04-2010 at 07:00 PM.
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #38
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More cup holders....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #39
EgoFalcon
The Villan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxr8
i want to see a new falcon coupe
Read my mind, I pray for it to happen.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #40
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFalcon
Read my mind, I pray for it to happen.
You can wish all you like - Ford make cars that have a broad appeal and are designed to sell well, coupes do not and will not sell in a quantity to make it profitable. Want some niche market car Holden and GMC make/made them by the boatload. Its working well for them hey...

Old 15-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #41
ajxr8

Quote:
You can wish all you like - Ford make cars that have a broad appeal and are designed to sell well, coupes do not and will not sell in a quantity to make it profitable. Want some niche market car Holden and GMC make/made them by the boatload. Its working well for them hey...
coupes maybe a bit of a niche market but also it could appeal to other people who would not ever considered a falcon, and when the monaro was released again in 2003 or what ever im sure that holden would have made a few bucks on them and the resale on them is still good in comparison to an SS, and if they could produce a coupe f6 or gt im sure they would be a waiting list for one as long as my arm, plus how many good coupes are out there in the 70k range with any decent performance?
ajxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajxr8
coupes maybe a bit of a niche market but also it could appeal to other people who would not ever considered a falcon, and when the monaro was released again in 2003 or what ever im sure that holden would have made a few bucks on them and the resale on them is still good in comparison to an SS, and if they could produce a coupe f6 or gt im sure they would be a waiting list for one as long as my arm, plus how many good coupes are out there in the 70k range with any decent performance?

If Holden made a profit on the Monaro it wouldn't have been discontinued.
Old 15-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Also, kick *** factory stereo across the range, similar to the CL Fiesta stereo, tweeters and mids stock standard!
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #44
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I want... a front engine, rear drive (on the right path already) turbo (5-cylinder is fine) mid-size car. I know, the economics of building FWD makes more sense, but cars like the Mondeo fail to impress/inspire me... and I'm not alone. Grow some balls and produce a mid-size halo car the world worships.

Throw caution to the wind and try it. Jap manufacturers have left that market gaping like the town bike after a big night out, ever since the Nissan S15 was pulled. Option it down with hybrid, deisel, and 4-cyl N/A. But give me a ball-tearing, rear-drive mid-size monster. Something guaranteed to acheive "cult"status over night, but is good looking enough (and practical enough) to sell in big numbers to the average Joe.

***oh no, I woke up in a wet patch again. I should stop fantasising!
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #45
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I've had a good look over the site and it appears that there is a real desire for a solid, quality RWD sedan in the States. The Falcon has been mentioned in the vast majority of the topics.

If Ford are really listening, then maybe this may be one of the ideas they will consider.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #46
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
I've had a good look over the site and it appears that there is a real desire for a solid, quality RWD sedan in the States. The Falcon has been mentioned in the vast majority of the topics.

If Ford are really listening, then maybe this may be one of the ideas they will consider.
My article didn't even make it past the editor, apparently they
don't like hearing criticism regarding Ford NA ignoring the Falcon....
Chuckles the editor, only wants feel good posts...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #47
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
If Holden made a profit on the Monaro it wouldn't have been discontinued.

See these are the kind of the comments which will always keep Falcon selling half of what Commodore does. The Monaro was a massive boost to Holdens image and brought in new younger generation of fans which did not grow up with Brock. Even today the Commodore has a halo around it that Ford cant even touch even though it has better engines, transmissions, interiors and styling.

The Monaro had cost just under 60 million to develop, and for that they had a halo car for 5 years which brought new buyers to the brand, a huge boost to the Holden's and Commodore's image, international attention, an ability to sell cars at up to 70 grand a pop based on the VT, and new export markets to the US and Uk - for which the export relationships built with these countries still benefits Holden with its VE today. Pretty good return for only 12 million bucks a year for 5 years (I wonder how much Ford spent on the FG 'fingers' campaign).

Last edited by Brazen; 16-04-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #48
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
Maybe FPV should make coupes, niche product by a niche car maker. make a nice change to the rebadged falcons they normally do.
Old 16-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #49
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Things that I want... and that I'd actually put my hand in my pocket to buy...

1) XR Wagon Return (XR6 & XR8 would be nice, but if I had to choose one, XR8)
2) Falcon Coupe (Call it what you want... but if its got 2 doors and a V8 = sales)
3) Special Order Vehicles (Manual G6E, Special Order Paint Colours, delete options, etc)
4) A face to the brand... (Allan Moffat is the face of FPV - and this has been used where?)
5) Export Options on the Falcon (just got a shipload of money from the guvment for Geelong, lets make something that we can sell o/seas

That will do for now... thank you Ford Australia...

Now - lets start with #1 (dreams...............................)
Old 16-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #50
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
See these are the kind of the comments which will always keep Falcon selling half of what Commodore does. The Monaro was a massive boost to Holdens image and brought in new younger generation of fans which did not grow up with Brock. Even today the Commodore has a halo around it that Ford cant even touch even though it has better engines, transmissions, interiors and styling.

The Monaro had cost just under 60 million to develop, and for that they had a halo car for 5 years which brought new buyers to the brand, a huge boost to the Holden's and Commodore's image, international attention, an ability to sell cars at up to 70 grand a pop based on the VT, and new export markets to the US and Uk - for which the export relationships built with these countries still benefits Holden with its VE today. Pretty good return for only 12 million bucks a year for 5 years (I wonder how much Ford spent on the FG 'fingers' campaign).
Seconded. People need to look at the bigger picture. Short term pain, long term gain.
Old 16-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #51
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
I want... a front engine, rear drive (on the right path already) turbo (5-cylinder is fine) mid-size car. I know, the economics of building FWD makes more sense, but cars like the Mondeo fail to impress/inspire me... and I'm not alone. Grow some balls and produce a mid-size halo car the world worships.

Throw caution to the wind and try it. Jap manufacturers have left that market gaping like the town bike after a big night out, ever since the Nissan S15 was pulled. Option it down with hybrid, deisel, and 4-cyl N/A. But give me a ball-tearing, rear-drive mid-size monster. Something guaranteed to acheive "cult"status over night, but is good looking enough (and practical enough) to sell in big numbers to the average Joe.

***oh no, I woke up in a wet patch again. I should stop fantasising!
Same but for the powerplant I would prefer a small v8 or the current turbo 6

Think Ford oz need to work on public perception you read (through these forums) people seem happy with the vehicle but not happy with service

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #52
icer
Winning's Winning!

AWD system thanks + ESC
icer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #53
greenjgs

A marketing department that focuses on the kids of todays buyers has to be part of the equation and would be a great start. Dropping the V8 in 1982 meant some of todays new car buyers were kids when the only option was to buy a Holden V8. The problem is explaining to a bean counter you want to spend $60M building a car that "won't" make money directly!
greenjgs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #54
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Wow I didn't realise we had so many GM executives on the forums "Lets build cars that lose money today but make money tomorrow. YAHHHHH!!"
Old 16-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #55
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

:
resale value?? come on guys it dont make a lick of difference what the resale value of a monaro is to Holden as they see ZERO coin from the sale between two private parties. Why do people keep banging on about resale value I fail to see how it makes any difference to a car makers' bottom line.
:

Old 16-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #56
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
:
resale value?? come on guys it dont make a lick of difference what the resale value of a monaro is to Holden as they see ZERO coin from the sale between two private parties. Why do people keep banging on about resale value I fail to see how it makes any difference to a car makers' bottom line.
:

I think any resale comment was a reflection of the appeal the market holds for the vehicle and its popularity.
Old 16-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #57
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think any resale comment was a reflection of the appeal the market holds for the vehicle and its popularity.
no what it says friend is there is plenty of people out there that want one but refuse to pay what its worth if all these sechand buyers walked into holden and bought one new then maybe they would be still making them? just a thought? and furthermore maybe Ford would respond with a 2 door of their own to counter it.

Old 16-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #58
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:

Yeah the Turbo did nothing for Ford......
Old 16-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #59
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Yeah the Turbo did nothing for Ford......

Thats my point, it did! Like how Holden invested in a niche vehicle like the Monaro, Ford invested in niche segment with a high-po turbo 6.

Ford AU is a niche manufacturer, its at its most successful when it actually starts acting like one.
Old 16-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #60
290v
290v

80 Ltr fuel tank in the GTs so i can do 900 Kms on one tank i could drive from Melbourne to Adelaide on one tank or Sydney to Melbourne on one tank