Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #31
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: What sort of "Father" would do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Or a C17 Globemaster?
Antonov 225 for good measure.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #32
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
I would say it stems from outrage over the horrific crime perpetrated against a small defenceless 3 year old, committed by the very person who was supposed to protect her.
Then the fact that precedent has been set in thousands of cases like this where the perpetrators have claimed mental instability and have been given manifestly lenient sentences.

I did law for a few years (compensation mainly) and I can tell you, this kind of scum is on the increase, and the legal fraternity have form when it comes to getting their clients off irrespective of the gravity of the offence.
I can surmise that he will get off lightly as he's already been advised to plea mental incapacitation.
Meanwhile, this little angel who could never provoke this kind of attack lies in a serious condition, whilst the legal manouveres are being played like chess pieces.
Frankly, I'd be more worried if there was no outrage for such a heinous act of betrayal by a father over their own child, it would indicate normalisation of horror. I'm outraged too, and can see through this bastards contemptuous act to try and limit his sentence.
It sure is on the increase and not only that but a whole lot of shocking filth like so, give them the rope and let them do the right thing, I don't think such can be rehabilitated.
Why would any sane person want to live, if you did such a thing.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #33
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Mental case. Bet he has prior form as being being off centre. Bring back the men in white coats that ship these types off never to be seen again.
Yes, remember the horrible old days when people like this were locked away in asylums to help protect themselves and society in general from them?

Terrible times...much better the way we do things now, to just let them loose in the community and trust their word that they'll stay on the meds...

And if that poor little kid had been a member of my family, that guy wouldn't make it to trial...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Not everyone has a kum-by-ah solution to a despicable act, sane or not. There is no excuse at all, no matter the state of mind. What Yellow Festiva states is a natural reaction to a situation that demands vengeance, not sympathy and understanding...
I agree.
Soft hearted gentle-on-crime people might not like it, but the normal response from the average ordinary citizen to a case like this is anger and wishing violence on the perpetrator.
An abnormal response would be to holdm up a hand and say "Now now, let's wait and see what the reasons were, why this obviously disturbed man did this act...he deserves our sympathy for what is obviously a troubled mind".

NO...just...no. The correct response is a firm wish to remove him from the gene pool, preferably permanently, but some nasty means.

Can you imagine if the public got a say in what punishments were meted out against criminals in very serious cases?? Say by an online poll where they performed the most popular punishment?
I bet the jails would be a lot emptier...

Last edited by 2011G6E; 03-09-2015 at 09:24 AM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: