Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #31
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
if you are in the right circumstances you are allowed to accelerate as hard as you want and not get pinged for it
*insert my story about my dad here*
Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Uh, that isn't even CLOSE to entrapment .. that is so far away from what we are discussing I don't know why you brought it up.

Have another go.
*insert rolling of eyes here* Glad you're still on the last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Very synical... Cops don't go around picking on the innocent, morons normally provoke trouble and end up bleeting "harrasment" when they get caught.
There's no way a cop would try to bait you into draging, thats an absurd idea!
If you're stupid enough to inadvertantly try to drag an undercover cop car then thats you're fault for braking the law and being a total dumb ****!!..
Oh please don't get me wrong. I didn't say they were out to get people or anything like that. We were (read: I was) talking hypotheticals and apparently some people see fit to make it clear how right they are about everything.

Plus I'm being educated on the unfaultable system that is our law enforcement and judgicial system. So some good comes of it.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #32
HOON69
Banned

plz remind me is this thread a heads up about a sneaky cop car or a cop bashing whinge thread?

come on ppl's stay on topic ay...
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 08:34 PM   #33
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerian
*Cough* Cops driving clubsports with P plates on *cough*

Oh, entrapment is illegal by the way. Do you really think the cops won't get away with it?
Methinks you've been watching too many American cop and lawyer shows. A cop can quite legally line you up at a red light, initiate a drag and book you for it. That same cop can also dress up in fishnets and high heels and nab you for solicitation when you're cruising for a happy ending on Canterbury Rd. Mr Plod just better shave first. :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #34
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
sneaky buggers ay and im sure they would easily get any kit they liked,also welcome to qld the hoon squad are using just about every car they can to nab hoons..

entrapment is illegal and they do encourage the racing revving a motor and leaning out the window etc but as said resist temptation common sense always prevails,but yeah they are sneaky buggers these cops.
I wouldn't go as far to say they encourage it, but I do agree they tend to be a bit sneaky about how they look for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Methinks you've been watching too many American cop and lawyer shows. A cop can quite legally line you up at a red light, initiate a drag and book you for it. That same cop can also dress up in fishnets and high heels and nab you for solicitation when you're cruising for a happy ending on Canterbury Rd. Mr Plod just better shave first. :P
It'd be itchy for a start...

Hmm, interesting where a hypothetical discussion can take you.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #35
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
*insert my story about my dad here*

*insert rolling of eyes here* Glad you're still on the last page.
I will take it that you have no actual reason for that little story other than to have your name up in lights ??

Quote:
Plus I'm being educated on the unfaultable system that is our law enforcement and judgicial system. So some good comes of it.

No one said anything about it being infallible. I would go and see you lecturer or clairvoyant, whichever is giving you the education as I am not sure, and ask them about entrapment.

You may also consider that I may have had something to do with the legal system once too :
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #36
b2tf
not here much anymore

Plenty of wannabe experts on the legalities of situations here but I dare say none of you (with the exception of XA Coupe) have any idea whether what you are saying is correct or not.

How about we get back on topic - which is about a rather odd police car.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #37
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
I will take it that you have no actual reason for that little story other than to have your name up in lights ??
Well, that was a mildly clever retort.

Quote:
No one said anything about it being infallible. I would go and see you lecturer or clairvoyant, whichever is giving you the education as I am not sure, and ask them about entrapment.
I thought you were giving me the education. Here I was thinking we could argue about the ins-and-outs of entrapment, legalities and whether it's right or wrong instead of sending childish remarks to each other.

As I said, PM me if you want to discuss. I'm backing out of this thread because a few people have tried to steer it back on topic and it's not working thus far. Probably my fault, so I'll catch you guys in off topic where apparently I'm at home.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #38
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far to say they encourage it, but I do agree they tend to be a bit sneaky about how they look for it...
i dunno about sydney but as a "former" hoon myself (abit hard to believe sorta) i've seen and even taped cops lining up races even to the point that they chase cars down to get to race them,not the other way around,hoons who are stupid enough to do so is their fault but yeah here in qld i've seen how they get their "qouta's up" or is that revenue raising.
hence why i dont bother with it anymore(racing) that is....

sorry i went off topic again :

yeah hoon cars are getting sneakier these days aint they. :
Old 06-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #39
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a SS commodore come up beside me in 40km school zone a while back (during the 40kmh hours). he kept edging forward and revving it like he wanted a race. I ignored him, coz tehr were kids about. so he litrerally powered off. Dangerous idoit, I thought.

Got to the next red traffic light, I cruised in beside him.
Yep a copper.... in unform all the usual gear inside on dash etc.

Nice one, mate.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 09:02 PM   #40
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Had a SS commodore come up beside me in 40km school zone a while back (during the 40kmh hours). he kept edging forward and revving it like he wanted a race. I ignored him, coz tehr were kids about. so he litrerally powered off. Dangerous idoit, I thought.

Got to the next red traffic light, I cruised in beside him.
Yep a copper.... in unform all the usual gear inside on dash etc.

Nice one, mate.
you generally have to fail an intelligence test to go to HWP or TMU
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:14 PM   #41
billyb35

Why not just use an XT I6 with a GT kit?
billyb35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #42
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I think you can take off from a set of lights fast, but as soon as ther is wheel spin they get ya. Cause when you wheels spin it's classified as dangerous driving

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:29 PM   #43
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How can police buy an XT with a V8, when the public cann't ?????
That would be a good buy when police sell it.!!
Queensland police have WRX's.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:31 PM   #44
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
How can police buy an XT with a V8, when the public cann't ?????

Umm.... You can buy a V8 XT.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #45
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Queensland police have WRX's.
I believe the Scoobies got phased out in both QLD and NSW.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 PM   #46
HOON69
Banned

qld dont use wrx's as far as i know,well not locally anyways
latest weapons are astra's and uterus and the odd nice falcon or crummydore
Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #47
LTDHO
The one and only

Topic 1 - It does seem rather wierd that they would go to the drama of getting an XT and making it look like a GT. Was the bonnet swapped as well?

Topic 2 - I thought Entrapment was when you were unknowingly made to do something illegal by a member of the law? You don't have to race a GT just because it pulls up next to you and gives it a rev! It's stupidity!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:16 AM   #48
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Umm.... You can buy a V8 XT.
Does it start with "F" though?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:17 AM   #49
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

XT with a GT kit?
Are these urban myths? In the last 15 to 20 years I've heard about GTR XU-1's, GTS Monaro's, GT Falcons (both std and the HO variety), blown Camry's (had to slap that bloke) etc. etc.. The ESP supposedly getting around Bris-Vegas in the early 90's with the car seats and roof racks (with full 3 inch system?) may of been a private vehicle, and not two wallopers posing as a family (some versions of this story even have a kid in the back!).
XT with GT kit? Is your mate sure it wasn't an XR8? Was it a pre-production BF prototype (evaluation vehicle)? The BF does have a similar front to the current GT, and "may" be mistaken by the average punter.

My Old-Man always said "Believe some of what you see, a little of what you read, and none of what you hear!"

:

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
XT with a GT kit?
Are these urban myths? In the last 15 to 20 years I've heard about GTR XU-1's, GTS Monaro's, GT Falcons (both std and the HO variety), blown Camry's (had to slap that bloke) etc. etc.. The ESP supposedly getting around Bris-Vegas in the early 90's with the car seats and roof racks (with full 3 inch system?) may of been a private vehicle, and not two wallopers posing as a family (some versions of this story even have a kid in the back!).
XT with GT kit? Is your mate sure it wasn't an XR8? Was it a pre-production BF prototype (evaluation vehicle)? The BF does have a similar front to the current GT, and "may" be mistaken by the average punter.

My Old-Man always said "Believe some of what you see, a little of what you read, and none of what you hear!"

:
Cop XTV8 with GT body kit..

Actually the more i think about it the more i laugh... :hihi:
Maybe we could start a thread to list the most rediculous police vehicle myths they've ever heard... :

Old 07-09-2005, 10:29 AM   #51
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha, yeah, there is a thread like this on another forum where they were very disapointed to hear that highway cars are stock as a rock except for the alternator, looms, interior lights, brake pads etc.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:35 AM   #52
Bad Cop

Now let me think about this.... A cop is sitting at the lights in a hotted up SS/XR/FPV/HSV with the usual decorations such as P plates and abdul maloofah stickers on the windows. Case in point our mates in Task Force Gain who love this stuff. A fully sick bro sucking on his kebabs pulls up next to it at the lights and when the lights go green he floors it. Cop car pulls him over (writes ticket for burnout even though it was only a momentary chirp) and the guy claims entrapment? Um, even I don't think so.

Fact is you are allowed to accelerate however fast you want as long as you don't speed, don't excessively break traction, and generally drive safely. If it's an offence to use the power your car has then things have gone too far.

Remember though, the HWP/TMU etc love writing tickets because the law is on their side whether they are telling the truth or not. And magistrates will deliver bigger punishments for such things than recent examples where people held up KFCs!

One last thing, if it really was an XT with an FPV kit I think that's miserable. Goes against all the rules of protecting FPV stuff etc. I wonder if the wheels/tyres matched his tyre placard???? LOL
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
haha, yeah, there is a thread like this on another forum where they were very disapointed to hear that highway cars are stock as a rock except for the alternator, looms, interior lights, brake pads etc.
The police rely heavily on the car manufaturers to produce "police packs" for them.
Highway patrol vehicles especially, they have done this for 40 years, these packs usually consist of HD alternator and loom, lowered/sports suspension, sump guards and the highest spec engine avaliable.
In some VB-VK commodores they got the brock spec 308.
VL got the turbo. XD/E had a std 351.
They currently use SS, XR6T and XR8's here in vic and these cars are std.
The Police dept do not have the time, resources or interest in "hotting up" police cars beyond what the factory can provide, there has been some tweaking but this is isolated..
They are fleet vehicles just like every other Govt dept. They usually get traded at 40-60,000 K's.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:55 AM   #54
gozza

some coppers where in an unmarked purple xr8 ba...me and my girl had a fight so she went for a drive..thought they were smartasses trying to race her....she sped off and they pulled her over lol
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 11:06 AM   #55
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
The police rely heavily on the car manufaturers to produce "police packs" for them.
Highway patrol vehicles especially, they have done this for 40 years, these packs usually consist of HD alternator and loom, lowered/sports suspension, sump guards and the highest spec engine avaliable.
In some VB-VK commodores they got the brock spec 308.
VL got the turbo. XD/E had a std 351.
The Police dept do not have the time, resources or interest in "hotting up" police cars beyond what the factory can provide, there has been some tweaking but this is isolated..
They are fleet vehicles just like every other Govt dept. They usually get traded at 40-60,000 K's.
They now take the standard car yes.

However there is a "police pack" from ford and holden. This pack has a few things in it.

Model depending they usually include:

Power steering cooler (or bigger, model depending)
Trans Cooler
Oil Cooler (model depentant)
suspension (if its an exec / XT)
alternator (model dependent)
power loom mounted on drivers side for aux power.
diff (if exec / XT)
brakes (all holdens get the upspec brake package, not sure about BA)...

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 11:13 AM   #56
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The Police dept do not have the time, resources or interest in "hotting up" police cars beyond what the factory can provide, there has been some tweaking but this is isolated.
Err, thats what I said....
Old 07-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #57
Bad Cop

VB-VK Commodores did not receive the Brock spec V8. The confusion probably rests in the option combos that were available to get the B cast heads. When you ordered a 5.0 manual you got the B cast so called Brock heads which gave around 20kW extra. that's why VK etc autos were such slugs compared to the 4 speed manuals.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:38 PM   #58
lizardmech

They really need to monitor the unmarked police cars more somehow, I often see them doing some really unacceptable things. A few days ago I saw one tailgating someone and then pull them over when they eventually started speeding. I frequently see them doing 100+ in 60 zones without their lights on as well. Its irritating they speed so much when the normal police that respond to urgent situations where someone might be killed now have to drive slower because they don't have the cars with the high speed rating.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #59
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
They really need to monitor the unmarked police cars more somehow, I often see them doing some really unacceptable things. A few days ago I saw one tailgating someone and then pull them over when they eventually started speeding. I frequently see them doing 100+ in 60 zones without their lights on as well. Its irritating they speed so much when the normal police that respond to urgent situations where someone might be killed now have to drive slower because they don't have the cars with the high speed rating.
I must drive around in a coma or live in an isolated part of australia because ive been driving around Melbourne for the best part of 20 years and ive averaged 40,000 K's per year for half of that time and i can not EVER remember seeing or experiencing any Marked or unmarked Police car do anything like what some of you say they see do on a regular basis..
I must be blind as a bat......

Old 07-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #60
gozza

i saw a police officer returning from a speeding vehicle to his own on the hard shoulder on the highway...the coopers car was an unmarked green ef/el...whats going on there?
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post