The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #31
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: VFACTS August 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Holden are at full till apparently trying to fill export (US) and build a lot of cars locally ordered. Most VF's are built to order rather then stock so it will take time to get things sorted. 2800 units for the month is an awesome result considering they build cruze, caprice, ute and export on the same line. They would have built at least 7500 units for the month which is good for local industry!
Exactly, that and they are not looking for a ROI within a couple of months..LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there are still 2 VE commodores for sale (new) at Toowoomba Holden for sale. so i'm guessing that maybe there might be some deals getting rid of older stock??? even thou 2800 isn't bad for the month. I cant see it lasting thou unfortunately
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #33
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by P6LTD351 View Post
I get what you're saying, but unfortunately the two are inseparable in the current climate.
Incorrect if this cant be done the thread will close or points will be handed out for breach of site T/C.
http://fordforums.com.au/announcement.php?f=2&a=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
And what's with Mitsubishi ? That is a huge increase............
People are getting in for the big warranty's, no need to put your hand in your pocket for 5 years on the car and 10 years on the drive-line.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #34
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The would have been banking on a big sales surge with the new model. Once the gloss of the new VF wears off it will continue it's slide into the abyss. It's just a matter of time. Holden must be stressing hardcore, they spent a bomb on this thing and it needs to sell in boatloads to make back that investment.
Yeah, a model that gets 70% + of its sales from fleets is not being effected in any way from the FBT crap!!!

Also, sales are not just hundreds up on what is sold in Australia, every export is an increase too. VE did not have exports!!

I think after Sep 7th; we’ll see a nice pick up from Falcon, Territory, Camry & Commodore. All these models reply heavily on fleets, despite would some might think on here!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #35
GT014

I agree with joe, it's been publicly stated that most fleet sales are on hold until after election. Once Abbott wins on the weekend, I think you will see a pretty big number of falcon sales. (Well around the 1200 mark) so the sept vfacts will tell the true story.

Most people expected Aug to be low, even Ford expected it and stated it publicly.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #36
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post

I think after Sep 7th; we’ll see a nice pick up from Falcon, Territory, Camry & Commodore. All these models reply heavily on fleets, despite would some might think on here!!
We can only hope so.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #37
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Just an aside and unlikely to show in volumes but FPV just picked up the same deal as the other Ford product for September first three scheduled services free. It not bad value for the 8's especially.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #38
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Realistically, will the FH see the light of day?? its 18 months away..with sales like this, Falcon is gone, now. so sad.......
Old 03-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #39
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
People are getting in for the big warranty's, no need to put your hand in your pocket for 5 years on the car and 10 years on the drive-line.
10 year warranty died a while ago.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 03:59 AM   #40
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
10 year warranty died a while ago.
My son in law purchased a Outlander last year with a 10 year warranty and I haven't followed Mitsubishi news since, you are correct it ended October 2012.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #41
Struggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
My son in law purchased a Outlander last year with a 10 year warranty and I haven't followed Mitsubishi news since, you are correct it ended October 2012.
http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and..._year_warranty
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #42
zilo
BANNED

I don't think anyone is to blame for a decline in sales for Ford and Holden cars.

People are just buying cheap cars cause there ain't as much money around.

price of fuel is a showstopper for most people re-large cars.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #43
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I don't think anyone is to blame for a decline in sales for Ford and Holden cars.

People are just buying cheap cars cause there ain't as much money around.

price of fuel is a showstopper for most people re-large cars.
Not necessarily. There's plenty of people still buying dearer cars, the problem is we are spoilt for choice and unless you build cars across many different markets you just cannot compete!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #44
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Owning a Mazda dealer must be a licence to print money nowadays. Each Mazda requires 6 monthly uncapped servicing.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #45
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rav4 creeping into the top 10 helps it chances to be built locally.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #46
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Owning a Mazda dealer must be a licence to print money nowadays. Each Mazda requires 6 monthly uncapped servicing.
Especially when they have the correct amount of dealers. Ford have nearly twice the amount of ford dealers selling less cars with longer service intervals. Hard yards in comparison I would think.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #47
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Yeah, a model that gets 70% + of its sales from fleets is not being effected in any way from the FBT crap!!!

Also, sales are not just hundreds up on what is sold in Australia, every export is an increase too. VE did not have exports!!

It's not fleets that are effecting sales, it's novated lease cars. Fleets are still buying full steam ahead, it's just the cars that are being leased that is the issue with the FBT changes. Sure some fleets might lease, I don't know. I thought fleets mostly bought outright?

But some have said they are flat out filling orders. If that's the case then why are the numbers so low?

They are only expecting to sell 5000 SS's in the US, that's not a big amount. But I guess they need to build a lot of demos for the dealers to register and then sit on the lot's unsold, as is the GM way. Latest figures indicate GM have over 750,000 unsold vehicles sitting in dealerships in the US.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #48
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
So the top ten consists of

4 x Toyotas
3 x Holdens
2 x Mazda
1 x Hyundai.

Not 1 Ford. Where is Focus, Fiesta & Ranger?

I normally try to stay out of the Ford bashing but this is a poor result. Forget Falcon. ( I can't but ....... ) this is Fords future and a poor result. Don't give me supply issues again. This is there future. They need to get supply right.

They have a great range of cars that nobody wants. They are lacking something.

Ideas.

I wonder if automatic transmission issues in focus/Fiesta are hurting sales.
We bought a new fiesta in January and sure enough the 6 speed dct auto has developed intermittent shudder. My daughter has just bought a 10 year old Magna-the 4 speed auto in the Magna actually drives better than the Fiesta auto.
Maybe word of mouth about these transmissions has hurt sales.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #49
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

The VF never stood a chance, the whole Australian auto industry was turned on its head the day the VF was released by way of Fords press release on the demise of local manufacturing.

It has sent a scare through the wallets of buyers of locally made product which I feel can not be reversed.

Ask yourself why Ford chose that day to announce their closure.

It wasn't just to remove focus from the VF, it was to instigate the total downfall of Australian auto manufacturing and Its effect is evident in the recurring posts on this very forum calling for the end of Holden as a certainty.

6 months ago the thought of Falcons demise would have been strongly argued against on here, yet on Fords announcement, not only was Falcon gone, but everyone here has called for Holden to give up too.
It is this mentality which has spread throughout the wider community effectively undermining any chance of survival of the industry.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #50
Oldbugger

The major player impacted by the FBT decision was the company employee fleet not being replaced on a regular basis. Company cars are only held for approximately 6 months and there are about 300+ cars built per month to change over those cars. This back log will flow thru post Saturday
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #51
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbugger View Post
The major player impacted by the FBT decision was the company employee fleet not being replaced on a regular basis. Company cars are only held for approximately 6 months and there are about 300+ cars built per month to change over those cars. This back log will flow thru post Saturday
That's an opinion...

I hope your right.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
I wonder if automatic transmission issues in focus/Fiesta are hurting sales.
We bought a new fiesta in January and sure enough the 6 speed dct auto has developed intermittent shudder. My daughter has just bought a 10 year old Magna-the 4 speed auto in the Magna actually drives better than the Fiesta auto.
Maybe word of mouth about these transmissions has hurt sales.

Ask a wholesaler/VW dealer what the trade value on a 2+ year old DSG VW is, compared to what one would expect 18 months ago. DCT/DSG should still be left to exotic's, not daily drives.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #53
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Anyone have figures for Commodore and Falcon Ute sales?

I have a new EcoLPI Ute sitting in the driveway and it's fabulous...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #54
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Anyone have figures for Commodore and Falcon Ute sales?

I have a new EcoLPI Ute sitting in the driveway and it's fabulous...
585 Holden Utes, not sure about the Falcon.

The EcoLPI is great isnt it?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #55
Oldbugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
That's an opinion...

I hope your right.
Sorry I should have said if there is a change of Government
Oldbugger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #56
bmorris

Interesting to see the fall in the $AUS hasn't flowed through to the price of imported cars yet. If the dollar falls below 85 cents then this may change things up in the market.

Otherwise Ford just can't seem to catch a break lately.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #57
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The FBT changes haven't really affected Ford in Falcon Sales though if you look at previous data. Yes a little but not much Territory on the other hand had a big hit!

Why hasn't the FBT changes affected Falcon? Because most Falcon buyers are either private (FPV), Rental (XR6) of which neither are affected by FBT. Territory on the other hand is a different story, as many people salary sacrifice them as lease cars. Why are Falcon sales so low you ask? Probably because they don't stock anywhere near enough of them to sell. You go to a Ford dealer and ask to drive a G6E T and you will be surprised as most of them wouldn't even have one in the yard for you to look at, let alone drive. Walk into Holden and the yard is full of VF's. Yes Holden will have more inquiry due to VF being new and fresh, but Falcon stands no chance in the next 12 to 18 months of survival unless Ford builds cars with value packs and starts to stock them! They are so relentless to discount its ridiculous. Sell cars at break even but at least cover some of your overhead and employee costs and save your brand. Rather then driving it into the dirt!

I invite Sinead to come and state otherwise.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #58
JG34JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
So the top ten consists of

4 x Toyotas
3 x Holdens
2 x Mazda
1 x Hyundai.

Not 1 Ford. Where is Focus, Fiesta & Ranger?

I normally try to stay out of the Ford bashing but this is a poor result. Forget Falcon. ( I can't but ....... ) this is Fords future and a poor result. Don't give me supply issues again. This is there future. They need to get supply right.

They have a great range of cars that nobody wants. They are lacking something.

Ideas.
Maybe perception of the dealership/after sales experience is the same whether you buy a Falcon or a Fiesta? For the record, our dealership experience was positive.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #59
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorris View Post
Interesting to see the fall in the $AUS hasn't flowed through to the price of imported cars yet. If the dollar falls below 85 cents then this may change things up in the market.

Otherwise Ford just can't seem to catch a break lately.
I've been thinking about this lately and found myself wondering wether the rrp of these imports are locked in some time ahead, like at point of order, say a few months ago.
That being the case, it would explain why the current cars on lots haven't gone up as they were purchased under a stronger dollar.

Fwiw, my brother is a VW salesman who has made a killing in Qld over the last 3 years.

He starts a new career next week...
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #60
69XWGT

Says a lot about the management in Australia when Ford can't even crack one car in the top ten.
They keep telling us how good it will be with the new models and all the rest of BS spin but they can't even supply us with the cars that people want.
Time Graziano started kicking some heads in at Ford Asia Pacific and then went and gave Mullaly a kick up the **** as well for neglecting this market

I'd also be telling the stealers that if we get more than one complaint about them a month there dealership is gone.
A lot of FAs problems have been their dealers.
69XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post