Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #31
Wally
XP Coupe

I didn't say I was pro ford and I didn't notice it as a prerequisite for membership. For some reason if anyone questions anything about Ford here it's a disparaging remark that is translated into anti Ford hysteria. I don't expect anyone to jump to my defence.

Hello Wally.

I have edited your post for what should be obvious reasons.

Ian

Last edited by HSE2; 08-09-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #32
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Okay then, I'll say it slooowwly... in case you don't understand.

For me to reply "we already knew that", means we didn't expect anything better from you.

The topic is clear, the government is hiding the truth. You don't understand that, you said it yourself.

To ignore this fact only demonstrates how out of touch with reality you are. You remind me of Al Gore.

Have a look at the general response to this here in this thread and you'll find everyone here understands this. Why don't you understand it?

The surprising (sarcasm) part of all this, you decide to defend the government's actions when it is purely aimed at Ford?
....I think you've already been told you're a troll; there is none of your claimed impartiality in your posts in matters where members here voice their disdain with the media's treatment of Ford, or it's products.

In future if you don't have any constructive criticism then it's best you remain silent.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #33
HSE2

I won’t be editing any more posts in this thread. I find some of the readable tone as demeaning and not something that is conducive to good respectful exchange of opinions and ideas.

Just once can we have an effort that doesn't end up with personal overtures?

Ian
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #34
Wally
XP Coupe

Thanks Ian.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #35
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I'm battling to understand what the govt conspiracy is? That US buyers didn't buy fuel efficient cars in favour of inefficient Fords? That someone is picking on Ford or didn't heap accolades and cudos on them...what?
Well it's not a Govt conspiracy but rather a banker conspiracy.

It's another scam, just like the current GFC. Has nothing to do with getting people to buy more fuel-efficient cars, but has everything to do with getting more people into more debt, all in the hope of delaying the inevitable!

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #36
Wally
XP Coupe

LOL Well it seems to be working:

http://detnews.com/article/20090903/...et-image-boost
Old 09-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #37
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I thought of another point today.

When it is reported how many cars were sold each month by the manufacturers, and reported by journalists and authorities, the car sales are reported by the nameplate of the car. This is the same for annual sales for the year as to how many of each car was sold. There is no breakdown for the drive train of the cars.

Basically, at every other instance the number reported of cars sold are by name plate and have not been reported by drive train, unless it was a specific subject such as hybrids, which would be other than total car sales.

Why in this one instance was it decided that the numbers should be reported by drivetrain rather than nameplate is mind boggling. It is in direct contrast to the method used in every other instance that has been used for decades.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post