Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #31
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
By the way guys, someone mentioned in this thread about a cruise after the BBQ... obviously it'd only be for those interested to join in. But im keen... maybe something we just work out on the day?

Im from N/E so ill be meeting you guys at the park. Were cruising from Preston area.

we could just do laps of albter park lake, hahaha, sound good?
i say bunnings too, it is the best biggest place..
my other idea was the old IKEA on nepean highway just before south road if your heading into the city, the car park is HUGE and ikea have shut down bussiness there now..

Its not as if we are probably going to have to have more than 5 car park spaces, hahaha
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #32
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

yeah i supppose bunning car park is pretty big, if we all stick to the outer side of the carpark away from bunnings itself (park closest to princess hwy) then we shouldnt get in no-ones way ( or no-one in our way should i say ! ..lol ) , yeah make it bunnings then i recon too ;) .
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #33
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Bunning's Meeting Place

Ok then Bunnings on the corner of S/Vale and Cheltenham Rd it is! Myabe someone else can do a better job at me at getting a better map lmao!

Cheers
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #34
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

sorry , i was thinking of a different bunnings be4 , that 1 sounds even better , only 2 minutes from me
Old 08-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are staying NE, so depending on how the day goes, and how buggered everyone from the N/E are, maybe go back to our accomodation, put up our chairs in the car park, have a few beers, and get some KFC or subway for dinner from accross the road. The car park is obscured from view from the road, so its fairly private
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #36
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default It's Goooooooooooooood!!!!!

Sounds like a great idea!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #37
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
We are staying NE, so depending on how the day goes, and how buggered everyone from the N/E are, maybe go back to our accomodation, put up our chairs in the car park, have a few beers, and get some KFC or subway for dinner from accross the road. The car park is obscured from view from the road, so its fairly private
I'll be in on that. Great idea. :

Just picked up 20+ KFC store contract looking after the security side of things, let me know which store your Motel is near and I'll ask for a mad discount :
No harm in asking I guess :evilsasmo

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)

Last edited by KOUPE76; 08-02-2006 at 07:33 PM.
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
I'll be in on that. Great idea. :

Just picked up 20+ KFC store contract looking after the security side of things, let me know which store your Motel is near and I'll ask for a mad discount :
No harm in asking I guess :evilsasmo
Excellent. Sounds like a great idea. The address for our hotel is in the PM I sent you the othe day.

Sounds like a good idea I think to all kick back and relax after a hard day of BBQing in the park. :
Old 08-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #39
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default I could go some KFC atm!

Umm when you say N/E what area is it?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #40
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

yeah bunnings on cnr of cheltenham and springvale sounds good
the reason why i suggested dandy cause most ppl seem to know it... anyways
would been nice if you joined the cruise BLUPRNT XR looking forward to seen you at the BBQ........... well a bit to early to post this thread but i guess just to give an idea to everyone knows that their would be a cruise from SE/suburbs
anyways well a good cruisin line would be beach rd, elwood but cops again, stkilda pier, lygon st, brunswick st, fitzroy st, great ocean rd if care too, phillip island, would been nice if the BBQ was on saturday could gone for long cruises, dandenong mountains heard its nice, yarra valley, thats all i can think of now................. just spice chapel st................ lol
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Preston I believe. Near where the other cruise starts. Although as a visitor to Melbourne, i'm not quite up to date with area
Old 08-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #42
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
St. George Motor Inn to be exact.
St Georges Rd Thornbury/Northcote

Old 09-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #43
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Cool

Ok thank's guys will keep it mind :1syellow1
Old 11-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #44
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

The List
1. Sfr Rob
2. Ozfordau
3. Divine Afg
4. XR6-VCT-2000
5. Gilesie
Quote:
LOL i only have a stock Forte, i feel im embarrassed! lol!
That will make 2 of us
Quote:
Ok then Bunnings on the corner of S/Vale and Cheltenham Rd it is! Myabe someone else can do a better job at me at getting a better map lmao!

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Or even maybe THE SANDOWN PUB , thats a good place to head off from
That could be a bad thing as we may not make it to the BBQ

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo

Last edited by Gilesie; 11-02-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #45
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking What time?

What time should we make it?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #46
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

well the BBQ is at 12pm
so we should be at the confirmed meeting place at 10am
it will take about 40-50 minutes with traffic and redlights in mind from bunnings on cheltenham - doesnt matter if you take princess hwy or beach rd not that difference.
now i am assume we all agree to cruise not start racing each other - personaly not big fan and i would cruise at posted speedlimit or less !!!
have had bad experiences in the past and lets make sure that are cars get their in one piece not pieces
cheers
Old 11-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #47
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
now i am assume we all agree to cruise not start racing each other - personaly not big fan and i would cruise at posted speedlimit or less !!!
I imagine your car would attract some unwanted attention.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #48
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

yeah it always does ........... thats why i dont want to much of it by breaking anylaws or making my self look like some HOON so to speak....... i have worked hard to get my car where it stands today and its merely for cruise and to make a statement on au's not race...........
cheers
Old 12-02-2006, 12:47 AM   #49
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine_afg
yeah it always does ........... thats why i dont want to much of it by breaking anylaws or making my self look like some HOON so to speak....... i have worked hard to get my car where it stands today and its merely for cruise and to make a statement on au's not race...........
cheers
Spoken like a true gentleman. :

Old 12-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #50
OZFORDAU
Banned

Thumbs up Great!

Yup just cruise it in there! Sounds good!
Old 13-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #51
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Yeah i just cruise these days , is just nice to have the power there when u need it. After loosing my licence for over a year a few years back, i think it taught me a lesson ! - i was soooooooooooooo lucky too ! , got caught doing 158km is a 60 zone (around quiet factorys of a night ), back in the days of p plates and the XE :( stupid me ..lol. And thank god all they did was cancle it for a year , i didnt have to go for my licence again. I dont think i've even had a speeding ticket since then ..lol
Old 13-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #52
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Yeah i just cruise these days , is just nice to have the power there when u need it. After loosing my licence for over a year a few years back, i think it taught me a lesson ! - i was soooooooooooooo lucky too ! , got caught doing 158km is a 60 zone (around quiet factorys of a night ), back in the days of p plates and the XE :( stupid me ..lol. And thank god all they did was cancle it for a year , i didnt have to go for my licence again. I dont think i've even had a speeding ticket since then ..lol

Yeah it would sure do suck losing your licence! LOL nearly 3 times over the limt!!! Naughty boy! Im sure it was fun thou! It sure is lucky you didn't have to go for your licence again it would've sucked going for it twice!
Old 13-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #53
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

lmao , thats only what they clocked me doing ! - I was on my way back from a tea break during nightshift. They were parked in a servo just across the intersection i booted it from, by the time they got me i was allready up the end of the street - out of my car - and heading for the doors to go back into work when they came flying up the driveway with lights and siren on ) ! - I didnt even know they were chasing me until then ) . I also had to de-register my car not long after that too, because i had no pollution gear on the car , just a dirty big 650cfm holly knuckled up with ballbearings ..lol.. ( i played dumb with the police and said a mate did it and said it was right to go , i knew no better ..lol).. I got a letter from the EPA a few days after getting pulled over asking for me to take the car in within 3 days of getting the letter ! , it warned i was up for about a $10,000 fine if the car 'was as stated' by the police ......SOOOOOOOO - I just de-registered it as i couldnt affords pollution gear in 3 days ! - which screwed the EPA ) reg cancled = no checkup !!... I went straight gas after that anyways after getting my licence back.
Old 17-02-2006, 06:50 PM   #54
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

and thats why you have an AU now....

i am really looking forward to this event, i think its going to go off for sure!
i am going to bring my BA too, somy little brother will be driving the AU and i will be in the BA... i hope.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #55
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

yeah im bad enuff in a 6 , little lone in a v8 again ! - i would prolly just loose my licence again , at least the 6 keeps me tamed town a bit - when i hear the sound of a v8 under me i can't help myslef - i gotta give it a gutfull ) ..lol ....

I actually re-registed the car a year later when i got my licence back , but by that time i had gone full gas setup (did the car up twice as hard during the year it was off the road), gee i allways loved how straight gas needed no pollution gear too ! ..
Old 04-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #56
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys, When you have sorted out specifically where, when & what time, I keen to join the cruise into Albert Park. Keep us posted.
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #57
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Default Cruise Fanalised

Cruise List: So far ..............

1. Sfr Rob
2. Ozfordau
3. Divine Afg
4. XR6-VCT-2000
5. Gilesie
6. Gutles
7. HotC2R

As per .... previous posts Meeting point is ..........
***CHELTENHAM RD KEYSBOROUGH - BUNNINGS WAREHOUSE 10.30 AM***
HEADING TOWARDS SPRINGVALE RD TO EDITHVALE BEACH - NEPEAN HWY
FROM EDITHVALE BEACH TO MORDIALLOC BEACH - BEACH RD
ALL THE WAY TOWARDS - FITZROY ST
FROM FITZROY ST TURN LEFT TO LAKESIDE DRIVE ALBERT PARK

This is just a breif indication of where we heading to.. now im hoping that everyone is familiar with the route if not would have to follow me or someone else that knows aswell ............. please keep in mind that as per mention in the Official Cruise Thread ... Strictly no Hoon Policy Applies...
* No Full on Dragging each other
* Tail Gating - Please keep your Distance
* burnout after stop at traffic lights
* Speeding
This is a CRUISE ............................. to a great and fun day for all of us...
looking forward to meeting all of you's take care till we meet..................
feel free to comment on no hoon policy................ i will not NOT be doin any
of the above mentioned ...... have learned my lesson and dont care if im
sounding like your parents.............

cheeers
Harris
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 AM   #58
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post True!

Yes, well he said it all! LOL

Cheers Bud

Simon

PS. It's a cruise! :
Old 09-03-2006, 06:16 AM   #59
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Good to see different cruises converging on Albert Park ... I am going to be taking it nice and easy on the day as it is ... seeing as I will have the other half with me .... music will be kept down too.

Just drive so cops don't take too much notice on the day.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #60
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Wait for me

I"m in for it to please....+ the pursuit ute + redxr8 bloke/chick we will kick off from cranny +meet you at Bunnings................... :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post