Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: What will happen to the value of 2nd hand Fords?
Increase in value 24 18.46%
No change in value 55 42.31%
Decrease in value 51 39.23%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #31
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will 2nd Fords increas in value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterljohnson55 View Post
... which begs the question, Why not invest in a sought-after high end Ford and tuck it away for 20 - 30 years. Gotta have the cash to start with, of course, and the discipline to limit its use to 'Sunday drives', but it could just give a nice non-taxable 'superannuation' in years to come.
The main problem is ,everyone is thinking the same
Look at how much 20,25 year old muscle or hotties are tucked away sitting in sheds,or driving on sundays
Look at the P3 ,in the 90s, still doin active service exactly what they were intended , to be driven
How many early brockadores are there with minimal Ks,or late factory SS,similar ,there all hoping for the superannuation gold nugget return
Theres no way id spend over 50 grand,morso well past 50 grand on something new ,on the hope that one day in the very very long distant future I mite ,if at all get a return on my money
Youd be better off on a short term deposit,rolling it over every so often
People think the boom of years past will happen again,i wouldn't bet my hard earned itll happen again
Remember decades ago anything short of the P3 wasn't worth much,and even the P3 could be bought for a song
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #32
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The old fashioned petrol bowser might not be around in 30 years particularly in Europe where the Germans will have a big say with Asia close behind and the US forced to also through globalisation ... battery, hydrogen even fusion the way technology is accelerating.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
yeah E49 Chargers are going real cheap.......

In time the Hero cars will go up. XT's will go down
Yes exactly although the ones that are getting the big dollars are the ones with low miles and no modifications.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #34
bublik
Starter Motor

Ive come to accept that XD,XE,XF will be cheap to buy for a long long time and parts will just become harder to get, as told by mates with XEs

Is this remotely true?
bublik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #35
BHDOGS
Banned

im selling my au fairmont v8 now for a measly 20 grand so buy it quick before the big boom and the auctioneers start it at 100,000
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #36
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

May I suggest that anyone thinking of using a Falcon as an investment needs to seriously think again?

First, classic car investments are very long term, in the order of 30 years before they have a chance of becoming positive. And, even then, only if the market will support it. A simple NPV analysis assuming 3% inflation over 30 years indicates that an $80K vehicle will have to appreciate to at least $194K to stay with inflation. Whereas simply parking $80K into a bank account (the safest and lowest returning of all savings mechanism) will earn you $291K. Or putting that amount into the home loan will save over $441K in interest payments.

Second, the market for home grown classic vehicles is presently overheated by cashed up bogans and tradies spending the wealth from the mining boom. The mining boom will not last and over the next decade or so, the relative wages for tradies against professionals will return back to where they were in the 1990’s. A middle age tradie might lust after a GTHO. A middle aged accountant will more likely lust after an Audi. You need to factor this into prospective 2040 sale prices.

If you have the cash to spend or you wish to have a personal indulgence, go right ahead and get a V8 Falcon. But as an investment? May I steer you towards an investment advisor to talk the matter over first.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #37
peterljohnson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
May I suggest that anyone thinking of using a Falcon as an investment needs to seriously think again?
.... May I steer you towards an investment advisor to talk the matter over first.
Good advice, whynot, better be a good advisor with a good track record. (Better not get one who is also a Ford tragic!).
-------- Preventative Maintenance Policy --------
peterljohnson55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post