Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #31
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Gawd l love that!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I just booked a snow trip for this year. First time Ive been back to the snowy alps in 12 years. Gawd I love that!!!!
God i love that winter is almost here, can't wait to do day trips to the snow again, every weekend. Sorry mate just had to rub it in You will love the trip, i literally live for the 5 months of snow every year haha

fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #32
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's the chances of snow in the vic high country in June?

Looking at taking a drive for a couple of weeks down the murray through to Lakes entrance and to the prom.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #33
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
What's the chances of snow in the vic high country in June?

Looking at taking a drive for a couple of weeks down the murray through to Lakes entrance and to the prom.
Just depends mate, we usually get a decent fall in may and then the last two weeks in June is a 50/50 chance. Really anywhere from mid May there is high chance of snow at any time. If the snow storm is followed by rain though it will get washed away pretty quick as the temps aren't cold enough at that time of year to keep snowing. The below was the last week in may 2013 at Perisher a month before the lifts opened, we got a 60cm dump of snow.

Jumping off the roof of the perisher resort, probably wont get this chance again

fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #34
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

fordomatic - you lucky SOB. If I lived as close to the alps as you I would be taking advantage as well. I was actually planning to do Queenstown at first but the friends Im going with couldnt stretch the budget that far, so we opted for the home alps instead. Got a nice house in Dinner Plain too. Booking the sled dogs while Im there.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2015, 05:57 PM   #35
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
fordomatic - you lucky SOB. If I lived as close to the alps as you I would be taking advantage as well. I was actually planning to do Queenstown at first but the friends Im going with couldnt stretch the budget that far, so we opted for the home alps instead. Got a nice house in Dinner Plain too. Booking the sled dogs while Im there.
Well if you take you and your old man to Bathurst this year you may be able to combine the two. We left Bathurst on the Sunday night after the race in 2012 and it snowed on the Monday and Tuesday after the event. I'm here to help fella !!
This user likes this post:
Old 03-03-2015, 11:50 PM   #36
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

coming home after a LONG day and dinner is just being served gawd l love that!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #37
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

May 1992 when LEEDS UNITED were the last English Division One Champions. God I loved that moment esp as Manchester United the dreaded enemy came second after leading the table for most of the year.

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #38
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When your sons coach can't say enough positive things about your boy's abilities, manners, diligence and conduct.
I was beaming so much it was embarrassing.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #39
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the outdoors especially the vic high country fishing camping. This year wanna get into bow hunting can't afford a gun at the moment.

Eventually wanna get into hunting birds quail, ducks been on a few hunts with mates and love it.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #40
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The feeling of shaving after not doing it all year lol!, Strangely refreshing lol
Old 04-03-2015, 06:27 PM   #41
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302 View Post
The feeling of shaving after not doing it all year lol!, Strangely refreshing lol
Takes me a year to grow a beard. Bloody asian genes

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #42
Marquis
HUGE MEMBER

I wish. I can grow one in 25.4 minutes. Bloody Gorilla genes

My cruiser. 1979 Zh Marquis. "T" code 351.
My garage queen :(. 1980 TF Cortina Ghia Wagon. 4.1.
My dog. 2011 Sierra
My Daily. 2012 ZH (lol) OUTLANDER xls. 4WD CVT. Sapphire blue

Wanted
Borg Warner Lsd or centre. 25 spline
Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #43
brennan.

Successfully diagnosing a problem using common sense then fixing said problem and, most importantly, the problem STAYS fixed. And to think, the mechanic would have asked for $1500 or more.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #44
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got a tearful phone call from my little man (male grandchild to the uninitiated).....he was heart broken, a favourite toy of his had become broken in some way, first one he wanted to talk to was his old Poppa, ..I told him I would be up shortly and we will have a look.

Turned out to be a simple axle and a windscreen from where my youngest grand daughter had thrown the wooden jeep that I had made my son many years ago and had been handed down along with the dinosaurs, aeroplanes and earth moving equipment that I had also made long a go and now were just as loved by my grandkids as they were by my son.

anyhow!, picked up the little man and the injured toy and home we went for a warm milo then out to Pop's shed we went where wheels were removed and the axles were replaced with some dowel and the windshield replaced with some perspex left over from years gone by.

problem solvered!

Best part, having a new generation sharing pop's shed, enjoying the simple pleasure's of wood and tool's.

Can't wait to get him started on welding and steel construction, something about molten steel and heavy construction that makes a man come to life.

Man I REALLy love that!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #45
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Just got a tearful phone call from my little man (male grandchild to the uninitiated).....he was heart broken, a favourite toy of his had become broken in some way, first one he wanted to talk to was his old Poppa, ..I told him I would be up shortly and we will have a look.

Turned out to be a simple axle and a windscreen from where my youngest grand daughter had thrown the wooden jeep that I had made my son many years ago and had been handed down along with the dinosaurs, aeroplanes and earth moving equipment that I had also made long a go and now were just as loved by my grandkids as they were by my son.

anyhow!, picked up the little man and the injured toy and home we went for a warm milo then out to Pop's shed we went where wheels were removed and the axles were replaced with some dowel and the windshield replaced with some perspex left over from years gone by.

problem solvered!

Best part, having a new generation sharing pop's shed, enjoying the simple pleasure's of wood and tool's.

Can't wait to get him started on welding and steel construction, something about molten steel and heavy construction that makes a man come to life.

Man I REALLy love that!
Same but different.

The other night my 8yr old son came in with his RC car broken...again. Last time, he blew the motor up by holding it flat stick till the battery ran out. Then on the fresh battery it stopped as soon as he pegged it wide open again... I explained why and how he'd killed it and made him pay for a new motor himself. This time, we suspected a blown gearbox as the motor was ok but there was no drive.

So we sat at the kitchen table with some tools and I showed him how to disassemble the rear suspension and sub frame to get at the gearbox so we could check the damage. As we did it, I explained the importance of laying out the parts you remove in order so you don't get lost reassembling it. This was so I could get him to put it back together later.

It turned out to only be one of the drive shafts had dropped a pin that sits in the cup on the end of the rear axle, like a CV joint. Anyway, it just so happens that I had a couple of spare drive shafts so I handed one to him and let him reassemble the whole rear suspension and sub frame with only the occasional hand from dad when he wasn't strong enough to tighten the screws. We talked about shock absorber mounting points and ride heights and centre of gravity etc., as he put it back together. I was so chuffed that he understood the concept of how ride height front to back affected car balance that I was fit to burst, and he was so proud of himself that he had managed to fix his car mostly by himself, that he was beaming from ear to ear for the rest of the night.

How can you not love that..

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2015, 10:46 PM   #46
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I went to a mates Mrs 30th birthday last Saturday night. Brad's 48 (same as me) and his Mrs is 30.

It was so very nice to talk to ladies younger than me (made me feel younger)

Most of them were alright, a few were a bit "stuffy". That was OK though - I'm no oil painting!

I really like talking to girls - not for the sake of scoring, just like listening for what the lasses have to say. Might not make sense, but I love listening to women.... - as friends.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2015, 12:49 AM   #47
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gawd l love that in five years time l may be able to afford a secondhand mustang
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2015, 11:42 PM   #48
Fordblue1000

After 8 long years of watching holdens coming first at bathirst, then watching ford finally win in it 2006. A massive day with brockys death and all. A huge win for ford that weekend. Been to bathirst 23 times all up, since the 80's. That was the best win ever.
1963 morris.
1920 model T
Fordblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2015, 02:35 PM   #49
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

l love seeing my adorable niece when ever l get the chance, and seeing the surprise in my mum & dads face when they received there 25th anniversary gift!
3 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #50
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Small thing. Gotta love it when you do a clothes cleanout and find $70 in a pair of jeans you've not worn for 5+ years!

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2015, 08:12 PM   #51
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gawd l love thinking something left of field and then think "why the heck not I'll give it a go and see where it takes me!!!!" so on Thursday l have an interview for a butcher apprenticeship!
6 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #52
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Butchering is a great job. My mate owned a butcher shop and I used to call in before/after work to give him a hand. You're working in air conditioning, have a genuine customer interest on both sides of the counter and it's not tedious meticulous work.

Cleanliness is a must of course as your handling food. I didn't break any sides or hind/fore quarters up but used to love making snags, pumping corned meat, trimming the cuts, setting up the display window and grinding mince.

If I had my time over again I would've gone for a butcher apprenticeship over a mechanical one.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-04-2015, 12:51 AM   #53
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm an AFL nut so for me it's walking to the 'G on a Friday night with 80,000 other people and seeing the stadium all lit up and not knowing what the result is going to be in two and a half hours time.

As for something more simple, I'd have to say cooking an awesome BBQ with family and friends on a summers evening...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #54
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Go the saints!!!!!
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #55
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
Go the saints!!!!!

Where??? down the drain....
Old 18-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #56
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Playing the Alan Parsons Project or ELO on the stereo in my '82 Celica (in the factory cassette player preferably which still sits under the modern single DIN Alpine head unit above it).
All of a sudden it's 1982 in there and I'm seventeen all over again...

Or just sitting in our WB ute in the driveay and listening to that sweet little worked 253 lumpily idling away through the free flowing twin system...while the guy down the road who owns a Prius undoubtedly wrings his hands and cries...

Last edited by 2011G6E; 18-04-2015 at 11:48 AM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #57
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

...while the guy down the road who owns a Prius undoubtedly wrings his hands and cries...
of pure jealousy that his crap top will never sound like a real man's car
Old 20-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #58
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

finding an original part for your car after hunting for a year or so
always a good feeling
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #59
whitesoarer

Cruising home after buying my EB Ghia, windows down with the lazy Windsor burbling away
whitesoarer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #60
brennan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry Laine View Post
I love having a **** first thing in the morning,farting at the same time and scratching my nuts.
Thinking about all the four letter words that could be put in that sentence.