Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2008, 03:46 PM   #31
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

thats a motherf@*%in joke, seriously, those guys had better be caught by the cops, if they are caught by you i dont think there will be much left of them.

god damn pricks, theyve totalled the car (by the looks of things)

did you have agreed value? and you might want to think about moving house mate...
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #32
XR8putts

Mate that sucks.. it's painful to look at the pics and she's not even mine.

I hope insurance sorts you out properly, I too wouldn't want that repaired. So was it fully insured?
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #33
spudte

Mate that sucks hard. Damage doesnt look too bad...could be a lot worse.

After seeing this, my primary keys (normally sitting on my desk) are now going to be well hidden at all times....and my spares...lol, I'll be lucky to find them again after I hide those suckers...
Old 28-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #34
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Theres not much worse than some low life scum bag breaking in to your house & car as these 2 things are your own private personal escapes from the rest of the world and the people that live in it.
I suggest you upgrade your house & shed security, you mentioned that it happened whilst you were out the back drinking with mates, do you have a dog as there is no way anyone would get in my yard or most of my mates with out our dogs letting us know first, as for being baited they can be trained not to eat until told & not to eat from strangers or if its not in there bowl.
I would be pushing your crash shop as hard as i could to get the car written off as these scum bags would have driven your GT in ways you would never drive it (there is a difference between hard time & straight out torture) even though they didnt have for a real long time they have still taken life of your pride & joy, It will depend on whether you had an agreed value obviously as that would put the price limit up at where they would class it as a write off. My XR8 Ute didnt look that bad and it would have been written off except for all the mods i had on the agreed value put the price up to high for them to write it off.
All the best what ever happens
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #35
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

drive around the area and look for some long and very black tread marks around back streets. im sure you will find some somewhere
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #36
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

F%^*ing A$$holes, those pics make me sick. The people need to be strung up by the balls, even thats wouldnt suffice. Very nice car mate, shame to see that happen to it, judging by where they crashed it id say there would have been at least afew witness's. Hope you get it all sorted out.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #37
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #38
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
drive around the area and look for some long and very black tread marks around back streets. im sure you will find some somewhere

How would that help him locate the idiots though?......Seeing that would only cause him more pain and frustration.

Sounds like a local who knew there was an FPV parked in that garage though
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by ozmale42; 28-04-2008 at 05:16 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #39
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

That sucks so bad id be shattered if somebody stole my EF let alone my GT if i had one!!
Old 28-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #40
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Sorry to hear about your cars misfortune. Did that happen round bundall rd or ferry rd?

I would seriously be looking real close to home as to the identity of these culprits.
Whomever took the car obviously knew where it lived and were brazen enough to break in while you were there and swipe the car. That takes a lotta balls to do that.
Could possibly be someone sending you a message for one reason or another.

This one hits close to home for me as I have 2 GT's here in the same general area to protect. Even tho one isnt mobile, that never stops the really determined ones.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #41
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Ouch!!!! I/we all feel your pain mate! Far out, how was the front Right Hand guard tho? Almost looks ok from the pics, if you can get away with new bonnet, front bar, couple of rear tyres/wheels, diff, CVs etc Then i think you will be ok..

I estimate probably around $12 grand in parts...Just as a rough back of the enevlope calculation you have a GT front bar say $2000, bonnet $1,500, at least two new rims and tyes $1,300, diff say $2,000, you'd also want to insist on a new gearbox and clutch say $4,000 (that maybe too conservative there) , maybe tailshaft and universals say $1,000...plus any other damage the fools did which isn't apparent from the photos $1,000...If any of the air bags went off then that is a costly fix also....then paint and labour on top of that.

My ex wife shunted a Ford Festiva in the rear with our last BA at 10kp/h coming up to a red light....The damage to our BA looked only minor, cracked grille and slightly bent number plate frame...Damage was so small I wasn't even gonna bother getting it fixed it, but did in the end and the damage bill to the BA ?......a cool $2 grand thanks very much
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 28-04-2008, 09:39 PM   #42
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

not cool, thats devastating to see, cant imagine seeing my car like that after it got stolen, but a car like this one..so unique. What a waste, hope they find these guys sooner rather then later.
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

F C U K that Id get the insurance to pay the claim out , If it we're me there's no way in Hell I'd take my car back if that happen to me. It would be like taking back a good looking bird after she had been slammed by a few blokes. pardon the french.
Old 28-04-2008, 09:52 PM   #44
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear of your loss, glad to see it was found and hoping the damage is not too severe.
I'll go out on a limb and say that once it has been dusted for prints that they will most likely be on file and hopefully not too long before they are arrested.
Appears to be more than an opportunistic theft.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #45
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
F C U K that Id get the insurance to pay the claim out , If it we're me there's no way in Hell I'd take my car back if that happen to me. It would be like taking back a good looking bird after she had been slammed by a few blokes. pardon the french.
Fully agree mate.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #46
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Hate it when people decide to take other peoples property that they work there butt off for. At least it was found but I personally wouldn't really want it back after seeing the pics.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #47
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Poor Rich hsn't been back on the Forums since his posts of the Pics....Can't say I blame him .....the poor guy's probably in a coma....I know i would be...

Old 28-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #48
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Beautiful car...
mate that makes me sick.
how can people do this?
Dont worry mate from a crash like that the guy wont just walk away with a small bruise he will be in pain for a very long time.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:20 PM   #49
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ask the Police to keep you informed if they catch someone through DNA or whatever, then ask them when the offender is going to Court because you want to give a victim impact statement or something.
This way you will be able to clap eyes on them and get their name, the rest my friend is up to you, just dont get caught.
Old 28-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #50
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

This is not a new way to rob a house, take the keys to the car thats parked in the garage and load the car up with stolen contents, its been happening for a few years now.......

As they pushed the car out of the garage before start up must of meant they knew you were home but that takes time and most theifs want to be in and out in the least amount of time as possible......................

Very Weird...........

Wish you caught them in the act, 3 blokes after drinking seeing some one try and steal their mates pride and joy........ Hmmmmmm
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #51
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I'm bloody livid having looked at those pictures.
It was such a beautiful car too, and as DABOSS already said "it's like taking a good looking bird back after she's been slammed by a few blokes".

If anything good can come out of this, it should be a reminder to all of us car owners to check exactly what our insurance policy is, and perhaps upgrade it.

Quote: