The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #31
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ford targets Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69 View Post
But surely you can see the irony in this article?

The very fact that Ford have to come out publicly and state they are now suddenly going to focus on customer service proves that it had been so substandard in the past; something so many frustrated owners have said on here while getting stonewalled by Ford CRC...

Yes it's good that Ford are finally going to treat their customers with respect and stand behind their product, but surely it shouldn't have taken this many disgruntled customers and a massive drop in sales to do so??
Yep i can see it, but we cant just focus on the negatives, i mean take my case for example.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
But surely you can see the irony in this article?

The very fact that Ford have to come out publicly and state they are now suddenly going to focus on customer service proves that it had been so substandard in the past; something so many frustrated owners have said on here while getting stonewalled by Ford CRC...

Yes it's good that Ford are finally going to treat their customers with respect and stand behind their product, but surely it shouldn't have taken this many disgruntled customers and a massive drop in sales to do so??
Problem finding and solving doesn't constitute as irony IMO and it takes a lot to publicly state your company has a weakness, so credit where it's due.

And whether it took 1 or 10,000 disgruntled customers to get to this, the point still stands they're becoming proactive about it. Yes, it should have done long ago, but I don't think anyone here was refuting that...

Last edited by fou_bleu; 10-11-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Better?
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #33
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

True: the only one who was refuting it was Ford themselves
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #34
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

now if only the brought back the panelvan....
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #35
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
True: the only one who was refuting it was Ford themselves
In the sense of this thread, perhaps? *sigh*
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #36
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can anyone explain the 'dipped in blue' to me?

A quick google had it as a PR drive day of sorts.

Also, where can one find more info on the 7 year service thing?

many thanks,
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #37
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I found this http://www.ogilvypr.com.au/tag/ford/

Which is probably what you found too.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance

Last edited by DJM83; 10-11-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Found link
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #38
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, that's what I found - thanks for looking.

Prob more interested in the 7 year sevice thing.

My dealer is offering extended warranty (free) if serviced there.

it's a gimick, granted, but if Ford are coming out with something similar then it gives me some leverage
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #39
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

So this is the next step in the evolution of ford, obviously ford are happy with their vehicle mix, sales numbers and profit margins this is the next area to be looked at and improved. Good on them for working through the whole company and making improvements in key areas one at a time. The best way to change, improve or renovate something is to complete one task at a time.
Ford still being pro active in their company and making key changes to improve the product, remain competative and economically viable. GM and alike could do with following their lead perhaps one day they will trade in the black and not continually need tax payers to cover their poor management and lack of foresight.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #40
JG34JA

Go Ford, we have always been courteously taken care of, our vehicle has been durable and any attention needed taken care of well. Not everyone's experience is this. Great to hear about 7 year servicing.

If Ford is making improvements one area at a time and servicing/dealer relations are next, great. I was so surprised that when in North America Ford was #1 for sales in Canada - there is no reason why this cannot be a goal here either given the range you have. It's going to take a change in perception which occurs some time after all the hard work is done. Remember "Have you driven a Ford, lately?" And in myth: the durability run in 1965? Make the effort and stay consistent while doing it for a number of years (frequent CEO swapping not so good...)

Top work, Mr Graziano.
JG34JA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #41
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

This to me also clarifies Ford Aus attempt to gain sales in the private sector to which we knew they are looking at exploring more with the slump in large RWD car's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #42
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is not the way a company looking to pull out behaves

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6 View Post
this is not the way a company looking to pull out behaves
Nobody has ever said Ford was pulling out of Australia. Just manufacturing.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #44
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
I live and drive around western Sydney, 50km from saltwater, as was told on numerous occassions to the fantastic people at Ford CRC.

So you obviously don't know what causes rust, so I'll leave it there...Lets just say, salt water isn't the only thing that causes it

Regarding "modern" brakes: totally disagree..

Braking quality of my Mirage was easily better than the Fiesta: and the rotors lasted 3 times as long. My 32gtr rotors lasted over 80K km with trackwork included...

EVO got over 100K MILES from their long term Insignia, so the "it's European, that's the price you pay" arguement is pure rubbish.

Fords obviously using inferior materials in their Fez brakes (and zetec alloys, read the thread in the Fiesta section lol), simply to save cash.
Pads and rotors will never be a warranty item....Every driver drives a car differently, therefore manufacturers can't guarantee mileage from these items.

Now if you want to whinge about pads and rotors, buy a 2008 - 2009 Chrysler Voyager....15,000Kilometres from them....So it's NOT European thing as you claim.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #45
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Buying my car was a stellar experience, DASH GT put me on to Senior Hau (sp?) at Bryan Byrt Ford who was a gentleman the entire time. I was expecting to be scoffed at being 21 and asking to drive a supercharged manual V8, he threw me the bloody keys and said have fun, try and be back within an hour. He also went for a drive in the F6 with me and he is the sole reason I am now a turbo convert.

As far as warranty goes I will admit I am the customer from hell, the most fussy, obsessive, picky, investigate every bloody noise until I find it loony when it comes to my cars... my service manager hasn't knocked me back once, and it's the reason I will only ever have the car serviced by them.

Yes there are things that need fixing (diff bush, squeaks and rattles, road noise) but overall I'm surprised so many people have had such negative experiences.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #46
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

SVO - the car had extensive rust thru it when it was delivered: it was my fault I guess that I didn't have the car up on a hoist when I inspected it. I only mentioned the distance from the water because Ford accused mr of driving the car along the beach regularly when legal action was taken against them...

The "European" thing regarding brakes is Fords defence, not mine. I pointed out that European cars today have no issues with premature brake wear. For ford to use this as a reason is pure rubbish.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #47
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
SVO - the car had extensive rust thru it when it was delivered: it was my fault I guess that I didn't have the car up on a hoist when I inspected it. I only mentioned the distance from the water because Ford accused mr of driving the car along the beach regularly when legal action was taken against them...

The "European" thing regarding brakes is Fords defence, not mine. I pointed out that European cars today have no issues with premature brake wear. For ford to use this as a reason is pure rubbish.
Did you buy this car new or used?? A new car with “extensive rust" on delivery?
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #48
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Brand new.

I admit when I inspected it I didn't get it put on a hoist... It was a new car after all. Extensive rust was discovered by my mechanic when he had to bleed the brakes at just under 3 months...

The car was obviously exposed to salt water/hit by salty air etc during delivery... The pre delivery was never done by Dale Ford (now bankrupt), otherwise it would have been picked up, and there wouldn't have been air in the brakelines lol..

The way Ford subsequently handled the matter had to be experienced to be believed...
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #49
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
What manufacturer does cover rattles? None of the ones I have worked for do.
When did rattles not become a warranty item?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Brand new.

I admit when I inspected it I didn't get it put on a hoist... It was a new car after all. Extensive rust was discovered by my mechanic when he had to bleed the brakes at just under 3 months...

The car was obviously exposed to salt water/hit by salty air etc during delivery... The pre delivery was never done by Dale Ford (now bankrupt), otherwise it would have been picked up, and there wouldn't have been air in the brakelines lol..

The way Ford subsequently handled the matter had to be experienced to be believed...
i don`t know what pd`s are like now, but have a look at this old fairly basic pd form i found on the google, (could`nt find a local one).
You can well imagine some slacker blokes just doing the basic lights /oil water kick tyres .....yes good enough(now i`ll have a ciggy in the pit) could`nt you, tick, tick,tick ,tick the box job done, slacker mechanics not restricted to any one brand or model, it would be interesting to see an up to date pre delivery form if some one has one.
new i forgot something
http://www.early-mustang.com/charles...e-delivery.jpg

Last edited by mik; 11-11-2012 at 06:43 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #51
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

There was a few "interesting" threads on this from mechanics from ALL manufacturers a year or so ago regarding "non" inspections...

Damaging to the brand indeed.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #52
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
When did rattles not become a warranty item?
If you read the conditions of a car warranty they usually say that rattles are only covered up to about 1000km. After that it costs money. Dealers will sometimes try and fix them out of good will and sometimes a warranty claim can be made depending on what caused the rattle but don't keep your hopes up.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #53
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
If you read the conditions of a car warranty they usually say that rattles are only covered up to about 1000km. After that it costs money. Dealers will sometimes try and fix them out of good will and sometimes a warranty claim can be made depending on what caused the rattle but don't keep your hopes up.
well i did`nt know that , i do know the dealer i used to work at did them(back in the x series days) , and the road tester had a special track of rough (not hard in melb to find)roads that he would run the car over to see if the job done right, if that`s the case these days that is a bit average is`nt it.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #54
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
i don`t know what pd`s are like now, but have a look at this old fairly basic pd form i found on the google, (could`nt find a local one).
You can well imagine some slacker blokes just doing the basic lights /oil water kick tyres .....yes good enough(now i`ll have a ciggy in the pit) could`nt you, tick, tick,tick ,tick the box job done, slacker mechanics not restricted to any one brand or model, it would be interesting to see an up to date pre delivery form if some one has one.
new i forgot something
I would be very surprised if everything is that thoroughly checked at the predelivery inspection. Lets face it the same mechanics don't even check everything on the service list at each service.

Ford Customer Relations Centre is my biggest gripe. They are unknowledgeable about the product and very quick to dismiss a customers concerns regardless of how serious they are. They always put up a brick wall when the **** hits the fan, only last week I had dealings with them and their conduct would turn anyone off buying a new Ford ever again. When ever I think Ford CRC I think of Mr Burns' hounds, because that's how they treat you.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #55
290v
290v

Why don't they just advertise thir product as well you don't see any Averts on the TV anymore nothing about the Eco Falcon or the FG or the Ute range the towing rating and the load rating on the Ford Ute over the VE Ute is far greater but they just don't advertise
Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #56
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
new i forgot something
I was doing PD at Honda in 2010, they had a massive check list, it was pretty much open all the compartments, test all the lights and electricals, put the radio code in, program the radio, tyre pressures, check washer bottle and all fluid levels, they had one in there for belt tension test, but we didn't have a belt tension guage so we just skipped it.

There were two grommets under the car, so you had to lift the car and remove them both, torque the wheel nuts to 110nm and then wash it then chammy it dry.

Doing it properly I could get through 7 cars a day, but a lot of the other guys would just tick tick tick tick everything and then send the car out to the lot.

I wasn't allowed to put the radio code in the owners manual because Honda would charge people later on if they asked for it.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #57
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Ford Customer Relations Centre is my biggest gripe....
They're not the same mob that run the FPV relations centre? I should post up the email trail from me to them asking how many Euro IV F6's were produced... that was a saga spanning months
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #58
hawker

It's all well and good to remove the 'red tape' between dealers and Ford, but I don't see a breakdown at Ford HQ, I see the breakdown at the dealers.

Does cutting the red tape, mean cutting the crap dealers too?

Or at least actually making them accountable?
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 AM   #59
XWGT