Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
In that case, I may stick with the Advance - GOOD, and not as dusty.
I think I'll try Advance pads first, Heck, they're going to be miles better than the woody rubbish on there now. I tried calling Hightek Brakes today, no answer, must be off for the long weekend. Don't say as I blame them.

If they don't have thier $100 DBA slotted special still, Brakes Plus in Preston or Fawkner might have them at this cost. I'd save over an hour's driving as well. Hmmmmmm, might call Brakes Plus first on Tuesday, would really like to get them close to home and get them on the car with plenty of time for the BBQ!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #32
TCK-098

The series 2 front brake set-ups fetch between $450-$1500 depending what wrecker you speak to.
Now as for Fitting Slotted rotors-nice pads Etc to get the series 1 and asking it to stop is like trying to stop a US Battleship in 2kms from full speed why i say this cause ive fitted slotted rotors-braided brake lines-EBC black stuff pads and when im moving i dont stop quick enough.

Very shortly the car will be upgraded to series 2 spec front brakes and a better set of pads thats top and dont duct up like the current product.

Hope this helps series 1 AU owners.
Old 15-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #33
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I tried calling Hightek Brakes today, no answer, must be off for the long weekend.............
You have PM.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like DBA slotted are the way to go with either the Bendix Advance (not too dusty) or the Ferodo's (dusty as hell).

Appreciate everyone's advice

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #34
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Krissy try the Bendix CT pads.. they are the newest member of the Bendix series and I thought they were better than the advance. THey have some no dust compound in them too.. I know a few of the Qld guys have got them and they are all happy with the CT pads :P

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #35
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I am awaiting the 330mm rotor setup from US Mustangs (cheaper than Tickford rotors) with the 4-piston Skyline GT-R calipers for the AU ... Kits are nearly ready .... will let you know the price when they are on the ute .... as far as I know it will be approx the $1500 mark for everything inc. pads and braided lines.

But don't quote me on that ... hee hee.
The kit is ready for E-series vehicles (now the ABS part is sorted as well) ... AUII should be ready as well (was originally modified for E-series vehicles ... but found the AUII vehicles everything in the kit is literally bolt-on.

Waiting waiting waiting ... I am running low on brakes as I type.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Krissy try the Bendix CT pads.. they are the newest member of the Bendix series and I thought they were better than the advance. THey have some no dust compound in them too.. I know a few of the Qld guys have got them and they are all happy with the CT pads :P
I am running Bendix CTs on the work ute .... and I really use the brakes hard ... no dust at all. Good bite too when loaded up. No warpage of standard rotors when heated up either (maybe that's my braking style though)
Old 16-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #37
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I am awaiting the 330mm rotor setup from US Mustangs (cheaper than Tickford rotors) with the 4-piston Skyline GT-R calipers for the AU ... Kits are nearly ready .... will let you know the price when they are on the ute .... as far as I know it will be approx the $1500 mark for everything inc. pads and braided lines.

But don't quote me on that ... hee hee.
The kit is ready for E-series vehicles (now the ABS part is sorted as well) ... AUII should be ready as well (was originally modified for E-series vehicles ... but found the AUII vehicles everything in the kit is literally bolt-on.

Waiting waiting waiting ... I am running low on brakes as I type.
If they are that price, I'm certainly interested and also running low as I type. Where do we get these from. I need AU2 set up.. _2:
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #38
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I'll ask about them. Thanks.

Quote:
Could you please post up a price when you know what it will be exactly because I've just emailed someone for a price on a kit with slotted rotors, braided lines and 4 piston 330mm calipers so I'd like to compare prices.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:08 AM   #39
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Will do ... will ask about it on Friday when I get it checked out before the Melbourne trip. I need the AU2 setup as well HOTC2R.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #40
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
I'll ask about them. Thanks.

Could you please post up a price when you know what it will be exactly because I've just emailed someone for a price on a kit with slotted rotors, braided lines and 4 piston 330mm calipers so I'd like to compare prices.
Krissy, I have already done alot of looking around etc. If these are that price it's the best by a country mile. Infact that makes them only a little more than s/h tickford from FTG auto salvage. Would also be interested in what you hear back from your research Krissy.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:45 AM   #41
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I'd be curious too. Since the AU1 brakes a basically E series anyhow.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #42
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'd be curious too. Since the AU1 brakes a basically E series anyhow.
There's a guy on Fordmods that has them on .... I am sure there are pics on there too.

I think the stub axle was the only thing at was replaced to fit them neatly too.

What I will do is enquire about it all ... get the exact details ... and try and get a decent price off Joe ... then I will post it up.

What takes the time is getting the rotors in from the US AFAIK. Much cheaper than sourcing them from here in Oz.

I'll try and find the thread on Fordmods and post a link.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:51 AM   #43
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

thanks

Old 17-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #44
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
thanks

Try here for starters.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11579

Joe who runs Crescent Motorsport in Liverpool, NSW is the starter of the thread. I can get you his phone number as well if you are serious about it too. He's the best person to speak to in regards to pricing and what is involved for all models.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #45
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Old 17-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #46
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

With the cheaper mustang rotors I can keep the costs down... the complete kit is................. $1950.00

2x 4 spot calipiers
2x turbo grooved 330mm rotors
4x braided aproved brake hoses
EBC front brake pads
2x 5mm wheel spacers
2x 10mm wheel spacers
set wheel studs
set wheel nuts
exchange front spindles
AU type floating front hubs.

This is to fit E-series though ... will be cheaper for AUII though as there is less involved and less parts needed to fit it up.

Will get a better idea at the end of the week.
Old 18-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #47
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Called Brakes Plus in Fawkner today, asking for price on dba slotteds!

$200 each. He had rda for $100 though, I said no thanks!

I'm off now to call Hightek Brakes!

*Calling, calling*

Answer $100 each front, $55 for advance pads $10 postage, thanks for coming. I'll get them between 12 and 5 pm. Awesome!

Good news, this price for AU's is permanent until dba put up their price.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #48
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carratt
hey krissy
nah, they aren't that bad. The bendix ultimates that I had on there with the stock rotors were heaps worese than the advance with dba slotteds.
Gotta agree with you there,the worst thing i ever did was run Ultimates with my ford rotors.The wheels were almost black a week after cleaning them.And they chewed my rotors out like no tommorrow.
Anyone know of a cheap place in Sydney to buy the DBA rotors?
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #49
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Supercheap seem to be now selling them. Pricing I don't know just most things are well priced there.
Old 19-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #50
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Has anyone put in a bigger master cylinder to go with the rotors and pads?,i know Mocks had something for sale...
Old 20-04-2006, 08:15 AM   #51
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenAu2
Gotta agree with you there,the worst thing i ever did was run Ultimates with my ford rotors.The wheels were almost black a week after cleaning them.And they chewed my rotors out like no tommorrow.
Anyone know of a cheap place in Sydney to buy the DBA rotors?
www.discpads.com.au (I think it is)
It's a truck parts warehouse in Silverwater as well ... but they seem to be the cheapest I have come across them.
Old 25-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #52
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
With the cheaper mustang rotors I can keep the costs down... the complete kit is................. $1950.00

2x 4 spot calipiers
2x turbo grooved 330mm rotors
4x braided aproved brake hoses
EBC front brake pads
2x 5mm wheel spacers
2x 10mm wheel spacers
set wheel studs
set wheel nuts
exchange front spindles
AU type floating front hubs.

This is to fit E-series though ... will be cheaper for AUII though as there is less involved and less parts needed to fit it up.

Will get a better idea at the end of the week.
Have we heard anything else about this for AU II..?
Old 25-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #53
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Pretty much ready ... just need to get more stock in to mae up more kits.
I am rubbing my hands together though ... cos my brakes are wearing thin now. Actually worn past thin
Old 25-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #54
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Pretty much ready ... just need to get more stock in to mae up more kits.
I am rubbing my hands together though ... cos my brakes are wearing thin now. Actually worn past thin
Thanks Mechan1k. As previously mentioned, I'm in the same vote. Has pricing been confirmed for AU 2/3.? If not, let us know when it is.
Cheers
Old 25-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #55
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Will do ... I will be speaking to Joe tomorrow when i see him ... I hate pestering the guy ... he's a busy busy man ... and needs more staff to do the bread and butter work so he can do extra aftermarket stuff as well.

It's hard finding good help these days ... I'm no mechanic ... I can do some/most things .... he even said to me if I am out of a job he'd hire me ... LOL. He said he wasn't kidding .... DAMN.
Old 25-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #56
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
Have we heard anything else about this for AU II..?
Using brand new components you can do it for ~$2500

http://www.aussiecar.com/fordbrakeupgrades.html

As shown it does front and rear components.
Old 26-04-2006, 10:45 PM   #57
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

ok, I know this has been covered a million times but I'm looking for the list of parts needed to change an AU1 brake setup to an AU 2/3 or BA setup (they are the same I think arnt they?). Obviously rotors, calipers and pads.. anything else and is the read a straight swap anyhow?

Old 26-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #58
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
ok, I know this has been covered a million times but I'm looking for the list of parts needed to change an AU1 brake setup to an AU 2/3 or BA setup (they are the same I think arnt they?). Obviously rotors, calipers and pads.. anything else and is the read a straight swap anyhow?
Search is your friend casper.

Uprights, sway bar etc.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #59
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

talk to Ferntree Gully.. I run the BA setup allround on mine.. Backs were simple Fronts required some extra stuff, plus they needed to drill some holes for the brackets..

All I bought new was DBA Gold and some new pads

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #60
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Ok this might be another dumb question but if upgrading the Au 4.0L what is better,the Au Xr8s(stock),Xr8 Premium(obviously better than the stock Xr8s),the Ba Xr6 Turbos or the Ba Xr8s?