Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #31
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I mostly use left-foot braking. I've tried "reverse" heel-toe a few times, with my heel on the brake while blipping with the toe, but it's not easy because I wear boots all the time.

I've been driving for 14 years and I mostly just drive instinctively - I'm not even aware of what my feet are doing sometimes while cornering at speed.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #32
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
The Blip is nearly impossible in my fiesta. When im pushing it and doing some quick shifts the throttle delay cause by the ETC will delete the throttle blip. I push the accelerator but revs don't move thus you need to shove it harder and longer than in cable throttle cars.
I've never had a problem! How bad is the delay on yours?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #33
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heel_and_toe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_clutch
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #34
Swaytan
Swaytan

I'd never even heard of this until this thread! And I don't think it's wise that I try it anywhere but in front of a professional, or I'll kill something...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #35
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
JOSH what if your comming to a corner in 3rd @ 5.5k and you want to be in 2nd to exit, You won't just dump it into 2nd without thinking.
why would you want to exit slower than your entry speed?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #36
Danny
GT4.

I think he means that You'd want the car in 2nd to exit the corner so that its in a lower gear and revving higher so to avoid bogging down in too high a gear.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #37
joshf2
striped

ok

lets break it down

3rd gear at 5.5k rpm = about 110-120ish? there or therabouts

what corners can you enter at 110 and want to exit at a max of about 90kph? (redline 2nd)
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 07:10 PM   #38
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Josh your COMMING to a corner. I did't say your in the middle of it. You still need to start braking.

Either way it could just be a tightening corner.

Last edited by Pieoter; 22-07-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #39
photn
AFF Post NAZI

lol hheheheheheheh, hey josh think of it like the corner at the end of conrod straight at bathurst. all the V8's do it lol, but there going faster. hehehehehe

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post