Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #31
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I did it today. I was forced into removing the TB (and ended up cleaning it from that side) due to my can of TB cleaner deciding to spit the nozzle hose into my upper manifold!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #32
J.O

Same thing happened to me yesterday! You were using the nulon can weren't you? Luckily i was just able to reach it and pull it out. There is a definite increase in smoothness.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #33
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yeah, the Nulon can! I couldn't see it well enough to try and pull it out and thought bugger it, I'll clean the TB properly. As you said, a noticable increase in idle quality.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #34
J.O

I can't thank GK enough for the 'How To'. I couldn't believe the difference that a small amount of build up could make to the idle/acceleration. You'd think that a can designed for cleaning the TB would be a little better designed. I've never had it happen with a can of WD40 and i use it all the time!

Thanks GK
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #35
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.O
I can't thank GK enough for the 'How To'. I couldn't believe the difference that a small amount of build up could make to the idle/acceleration. You'd think that a can designed for cleaning the TB would be a little better designed. I've never had it happen with a can of WD40 and i use it all the time!

Thanks GK
No worries at all, glad it's made a difference to your car. That is after all what we're all about here! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #36
ef_classic
Banned

How do i go about doing this on a Factory GAS AU, because it is alot different.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #37
ef_classic
Banned

:
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #38
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Great how to GK! Now seriously, where's the one for V8 into AU6?!!!!

Seriously though, I might give this a go on the weekend while I'm stuffing around with the intake piping.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #39
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
:
Post us a pic or two and we'll discuss it with you.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #40
LPGUTE

i have the gas aswell i just going about it the same way not to seem to have a problem. just harder to get inside since the TB opening is smaller.

2001 AUII Factory LPG Manual XL Styleside Box
High series bonnet
Clear Side Indicator
K&N Air Filter
BAXR6T Snorkle
Low Fronts, Super Low Leafs

LPGUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #41
Rfordsfun

Default Re: Base Idle and Throttle Body Clean - "How To"

Hi, would this work with AU2 fairmont ghia VCT intech ? intake is bolted on ? and isn't there a sensor wire in there that shouldn't be messed with on this series ? thanks kindest regards
Rfordsfun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #42
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Welcome to AFF Rfordsfun, yes GK's excellent guide will work for your vct. Not sure which sensor your referring to but as long as you dont spray tbc directly into the/any sensor youll be fine. Good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #43
Rfordsfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Welcome to AFF Rfordsfun, yes GK's excellent guide will work for your vct. Not sure which sensor your referring to but as long as you dont spray tbc directly into the/any sensor youll be fine. Good luck!

cheers, Maka
Hey Maka, thanks for quick reply. I'm referring to the horizontal wire thingy ma jig ?? or is that only in V8's ?? I clean my ICS, think the idle body needs a good squirt too. regards. my next job is replacing diff and IRS axles, to LSD from XR6, read the write up on here, seems straight forward enough.. just replaced trans, like to top starter motor bolt isn't fun enough thanks FORD
Rfordsfun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #44
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hi Rfordsfun, tps (throttle position sensor) on the side of the throttle body you mean? Theres a couple of ways of doing it- the way i do it is to spray a heap of tbc on a rag & start wiping clean inside the throttle body + butterfly valve both sides + edges, try cleaning as far as your hand/rag can get behind the butterfly valve.

Take off the ics to clean the t/b ics port also. Using this method will stop any chance of flooding the tps through the butterfly shaft bore. Whenever youve got a job to do on your AU Ghia always use AFF's search function, its extremely useful! Your not the first person to have fun with "that" starter motor top bolt lol. Good luck & let us know how you go!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post