Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #691
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

You know what really ***** me?

Buying music from iTunes, I hate Apple already but this really gets on my nerves:

I've got 392 songs purchased legitimately from iTunes, it downloads in some format which doesn't work in car CD players, it used to download in MP3, its now AAC or some m4a crap.

There is an option there to burn "MP3 CD", but it won't do it unless its already in MP3, so you have to convert them, which doubles up on each song in your play list, then you have to sort the MP3 ones from the other ones, and burn those ones instead.

So now I've got 392 copies of those songs on my PC.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #692
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post

Buying music from iTunes, I hate Apple already but this really gets on my nerves:

I've got 392 songs purchased legitimately from iTunes, it downloads in some format which doesn't work in car CD players, it used to download in MP3, its now AAC or some m4a crap.

There is an option there to burn "MP3 CD", but it won't do it unless its already in MP3, so you have to convert them, which doubles up on each song in your play list, then you have to sort the MP3 ones from the other ones, and burn those ones instead.

Big Damo, I can feel the searing pain that you feel in relation to the digitalisation of you favourite tunes. Might I suggest some black plastic with a hole in the middle that is neither MP3 or AAC... or m4a, ogg vorbis, mp4, wave, bik, MPEG-4 SLS, MPEG-4 ALS, MPEG-4 DST, Windows Media Audio Lossless WMA Lossless, sour dollop with reduced fat, salt reduced, MSG enhanced, climate friendly gluten wrapped teddy bears for damp eyed nancy boys… Wait a minute!!! Now I now what I hate – The entire 21st century. I need to find a way back to the 70s…
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #693
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:

And they say us Gen-Y'ers have it good

Making digital encoded music the only readily available medium is crime against humanity AFAIC. You know, just like Apple is.

I have Vinyl & Compact Disc. If I want it in another format, I rip it. I'm proud of my hard copy collection of music.

Theres many a free program (yes I said PROGRAM, not friggin' "app") that will allow you to convert them into a more accessible format.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #694
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevermore View Post
And they say us Gen-Y'ers have it good

Making digital encoded music the only readily available medium is crime against humanity AFAIC. You know, just like Apple is.

I have Vinyl & Compact Disc. If I want it in another format, I rip it. I'm proud of my hard copy collection of music.

Theres many a free program (yes I said PROGRAM, not friggin' "app") that will allow you to convert them into a more accessible format.
Has the world gone insane? Back in the 70s we used Australian spelling and spelled program with a double 'mme' on the end so that it looked like this: programme. Where is the United Nations when you need them to sort out an international crime of this magnitude... Poppa Smurf, can you send me a Bex and a good lie down please?
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #695
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I wouldn't mind buying CDs but I usually only like one or two songs on the album and iTunes allows me to buy separate tracks then chuck em together in a play list, and back in the day (like 6 months ago) burn them easily to an MP3 CD to play in the Focus.

Then they started this AAC bastardry and **** farting around converting it to MP3, which iTunes actually does have the capability to do, but makes you do it manually then chuck those new files in a new playlist to chuck onto a CD.

I declare holy war against Apple!

I think program is the correct usage for a PC application where as programme is like TV show etc or something.

Unfortunately the Focus doesn't accept 12" vinyls, ye olde Falcon and GMC Sierra take cassettes though, I remember the mid 90s recording radio on cassette lol.

Also why is CD still only being accepted in cars? You'd think by now you would accept MP3 files on a DVD, since it holds about 4GB worth of data instead of 700mb, which is 2/10ths of F all these days.

Or come with USB ports, or inbuilt HDDs to chuck music on.

Aux ports are crap too since you have to change songs on your device, tried it once with my only Apple product, an iPod classic in my Fiesta and it was hard to drive and change songs lol.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 25-12-2013 at 12:46 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #696
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Has the world gone insane? Back in the 70s we used Australian spelling and spelled program with a double 'mme' on the end so that it looked like this: programme. Where is the United Nations when you need them to sort out an international crime of this magnitude... Poppa Smurf, can you send me a Bex and a good lie down please?
"Programme" is actually the UK spelling for a scheduled event. "Program" is the correct spelling in computer terminology.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #697
superyob
Banned

Quote:
"Programme" is actually the UK spelling for a scheduled event. "Program" is the correct spelling in computer terminology.
I did not know that at all. I stand corrected... I just always remembered using that spelling before we adopted more and more of the American vernacular.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #698
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I did not know that at all. I stand corrected... I just always remembered using that spelling before we adopted more and more of the American vernacular.
Its all good mate, trust me, I still use the letter U in words with "our". ie: colour, flavour, etc. It's a pet hate of mine seeing it shortened.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #699
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
I wouldn't mind buying CDs but I usually only like one or two songs on the album and iTunes allows me to buy separate tracks then chuck em together in a play list, and back in the day (like 6 months ago) burn them easily to an MP3 CD to play in the Focus.

Then they started this AAC bastardry and **** farting around converting it to MP3, which iTunes actually does have the capability to do, but makes you do it manually then chuck those new files in a new playlist to chuck onto a CD.

I declare holy war against Apple!

Unfortunately the Focus doesn't accept 12" vinyls, ye olde Falcon and GMC Sierra take cassettes though, I remember the mid 90s recording radio on cassette lol.

Also why is CD still only being accepted in cars? You'd think by now you would accept MP3 files on a DVD, since it holds about 4GB worth of data instead of 700mb, which is 2/10ths of F all these days.

Or come with USB ports, or inbuilt HDDs to chuck music on.

Aux ports are crap too since you have to change songs on your device, tried it once with my only Apple product, an iPod classic in my Fiesta and it was hard to drive and change songs lol.
I think the idea behind it is to make the media systems in cars still accessible to people less technologically inclined. That's how it goes with storage mediums. After all, they still had tape decks standard in the AU1, despite CDs being available in Aussie Fords since the EB. I still stand by the 6-stacker as my weapon of choice in a car.

I'm surprised iTunes hasn't moved onto FLAC as the preferred codec. Seems to be the up-and-coming method these days.

As for Apple in general, well its hard to give my opinion on them & avoid the swear filter at the same time....
Old 25-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #700
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

You know what I hate, being woken by the noise and having to chase the kids back off to bed at2.30AM because they're already under the tree dismantling the present pile.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #701
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I think the idea behind it is to make the media systems in cars still accessible to people less technologically inclined. That's how it goes with storage mediums. After all, they still had tape decks standard in the AU1, despite CDs being available in Aussie Fords since the EB. I still stand by the 6-stacker as my weapon of choice in a car.

I'm surprised iTunes hasn't moved onto FLAC as the preferred codec. Seems to be the up-and-coming method these days.

As for Apple in general, well its hard to give my opinion on them & avoid the swear filter at the same time....
They can keep the CD player, just make it accept more media rather than just CDs, can fit so many more MP3s on a DVD
Old 25-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #702
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Totally agree there.
Old 27-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #703
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

i hate people wasting my time....

i have juvenile snakes for sale on another forum & its related trading site.

I am soo sick of people wanting pics, calling me 20 times in an hour when the ad CLEARLY states TEXT ONLY, wanting this snake NOW, can you do it cheaper, oh im not in sydney can you deliver to me, yes i want it but dont get paid until friday i'll call you them please dont sell it......

then day / time comes to pick the animal up, suddenly the contact number is permanently switched off, messages are not answered...

I hate that!

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #704
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
You know what I hate, being woken by the noise and having to chase the kids back off to bed at2.30AM because they're already under the tree dismantling the present pile.

in our house the kids have to chase me back to bed at 2.30am......I'm afraid I am far worse than any kid when it comes to chrissy, my favourite time of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob

in the post mate,..... it'll do you the world of good, when humanity turns against me i find a bex and a lie down makes it all seem better.

my rant.......why do weeds outperform the best of lawns?, why do dogs poop on the path?, where do clothes-pegs go?,...... where does that "other" sock go?,

why do woman (any woman) know where my keys are when I can't find them???

my 5 year old granddaughter knew where they were when I spent half an hour looking without success......is this something hereditary but only manifesting itself within the female of the species.

getting old......I really hate that!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #705
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
i hate people wasting my time....

i have juvenile snakes for sale on another forum & its related trading site.

I am soo sick of people wanting pics, calling me 20 times in an hour when the ad CLEARLY states TEXT ONLY, wanting this snake NOW, can you do it cheaper, oh im not in sydney can you deliver to me, yes i want it but dont get paid until friday i'll call you them please dont sell it......

then day / time comes to pick the animal up, suddenly the contact number is permanently switched off, messages are not answered...

I hate that!

I am having the same ******** issues with used parts buyers.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #706
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
I am having the same ******** issues with used parts buyers.
Similar issues are why my used parts are just accumulating in my shed now. After holding onto something for over a year for a guy, and then have him try to stooge me on the money I gave up.

Today my Geez thing is moderating forums; particularly when you PM someone to politely request them to stop behaviour that is against the rules (nothing major, but still an annoyance for the regs and mods), only to be back chatted, and told to do whatever I want and to grow up. So I hit them with a sub forum specific ban stick; only to find they have subsequently made public our conversation in another sub forum.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #707
BHDOGS
Banned

Im sick of all the holden threads on this forum latley
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #708
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
Im sick of all the holden threads on this forum latley
Totally agree. There seems to be more love for the Commodore, a car I truly despise, than for the Falcon, the best car ever to be made in Oz...
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #709
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I really ******* hate Ebay AND their customer service AND their policy changes that happen constantly and so frequently that nobody can keep up. And the fact that they keep skewing the policies slowly but surely to their ever increasing advantage to allow them to take your money arbitrarily from your accounts via Paypal but getting it back is a complete nightmare. Coupled with overseas call centres where the operator doesn't speak english as a first language makes me want to go postal on them.

BTW, who's noticed that they no longer charge you for listing most things but are bending you over for a flat rate of all but 10% of the sale price these days. That's up from the 2-4% plus listing fee the last time I looked.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by GasoLane; 28-12-2013 at 01:03 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #710
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Can someone please tell my wife that my jiggler hose is for decanting fuel, and lives with the jerry cans in the shed, it's not a syphon for her laundry tub and certainly doesn't live IN the laundry tub getting covered in and full of soap scum. Also, my screwdrivers are NOT pry bars OR chisels, especially the small electrical screwdrivers. Then there's the shifters, pliers and multi-grips, these tools are NOT hammers but are used to remove nuts, bolt and nails, not put them in.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 29-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #711
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez Bushie

teach her to use them or put a lock on the shed

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #712
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Trust me I have, and she does know but it's female and uses whatever it can find at any given moment.

MINE- AUII Forte

3 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #713
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Trust me I have, and she does know but it's female and uses whatever it can find at any given moment.
Sounds like she only knows just enough about them to be dangerous

My missus knows how to handle tools, she married one after all
Old 29-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #714
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
dont worry yours is a piece of cake compared to me l got woken at 2:30am yesterday to here my Aunt had passed away at the age of 52 due to a brain aneurism(spelling???) leaving two sons behind one in his first year of uni the second doing his HSC this year
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2013, 02:44 AM   #715
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Can someone please tell my wife that my jiggler hose is for decanting fuel, and lives with the jerry cans in the shed, it's not a syphon for her laundry tub and certainly doesn't live IN the laundry tub getting covered in and full of soap scum. Also, my screwdrivers are NOT pry bars OR chisels, especially the small electrical screwdrivers. Then there's the shifters, pliers and multi-grips, these tools are NOT hammers but are used to remove nuts, bolt and nails, not put them in.

When I was married there was a rule we both obeyed and worked just fine and dandy: I didn't go into her handbag/s, she didn't go into my shed - simples!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #716
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

What really gives me the irrits is when you put a clear search criteria into a website and it ends up full of things that are clearly not what you asked for.

Real estate sites always fill my lists with places priced WAY outside my price limits. I EFFIN HATE THAT!!

Another is eBay sellers who deceptively describe their ads. An example is advertising a random car I have no interest in with this somewhere in the descriptor: "Not Ford GT XA XB, XC" so it gets captured in my searches. I EFFING HATE THAT!!

While on the subject, another thing that seriously irks me is thinking you've found a cheap-ish GT and buried deep in the description are words like: Tribute, Replica, Clone etc etc. Great, it's an overpriced faker. I EFFING HATE THAT!!

Maybe I'm just old and cranky...........

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.

Last edited by Bearman; 31-12-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Predictive spelling, I EFFING HATE THAT!
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 02:05 AM   #717
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Bearman, if you want to eliminate those ebay ads you describe just add a minus symbol in front of the word you don't want to include. Very useful to me when searching for parts without having to wade through pages of brand new crap im not looking for.

So for example, type into ebays search bar:

Falcon GT -Not

Generally thatll eff off most of the sellers trying to boost their hit rate.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #718
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

I'm sick of 2014 already!

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #719
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Wot he said - mine 's poo so far :(

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #720
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

you dont need to stop at a ******* roundabout when someone else has already entered it you just need to open your ******* eyes, get a ******* clue and look at their indicator you deadset ******* peanut!!!!

infuriating personified!!
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: