Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #8041
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz193 View Post
Just to answer this... after driving with a mate in his new SSV the car has a hill start assist. When in gear with the clutch in on a hill, you simply take your foot off the brake and the car will remain stationary for roughly 3 seconds before it starts to roll back, so it's just like taking off on flat ground. lever yes, but I still see nothing wrong with a conventional style, or the interior on that matter!
Never stated it was a problem, just wished the new falcon had a push button park brake. The focus ST has something similar that it holds the car stationery for around 3 seconds.
Old 20-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #8042
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm the opposite, hate the push button park brake, especially in a manual.

It's one of the reasons the gtf beat the gts in my shopping.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #8043
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Please hand in drivers licence if you can't do a hill start with a normal handbrake.
Part of driver licence test I believe.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #8044
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
Please hand in drivers licence if you can't do a hill start with a normal handbrake.
There are people out there that drive a manual that use a hand brake lever to perform a hill start?

Last edited by futura; 20-08-2014 at 11:02 PM.
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 10:57 PM   #8045
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
Agreed on the first part.

But according to the driving instructor who took my Granddaughter out a few times the RMS (RTA) now get you to just pull into a kerb, stop, then pull out again !!
Old 20-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #8046
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
There are people out there that drive a manual that use a hand brake lever to perform a hill start?
One thing I cannot stand is a car in front rolling backwards when starting off on a hill because the driver hasn't, or can't use a handbrake.

A basic driver skill that should be used when driving a manual.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #8047
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
One thing I cannot stand is a car in front rolling backwards when starting off on a hill because the driver hasn't, or can't use a handbrake.

Totally agree with you on that one.
Old 21-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #8048
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
Totally agree with you on that one.
What if said car is a manual BA and the handbrake is just there for display
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 02:40 AM   #8049
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
It would be a deal breaker to many when most people these day’s cross shop and compare vehicles in their class, I understand it is hard for people such as those on here to understand that, as they are enthusiast of the Ford product and will defend it to the death.

But Ford aren’t out to gain those sales are they, they are targeting the majority of consumers that do happen to compare and cross shop vehicles with in their segment and when you find that other vehicles come standard with things such as proximity entry/keyless start well people will see better value for money in a vehicle that offer’s more with all of todays modern gadgets.
This.

Those who say they don't need the gadgets are missing the point. Sure, there are those who will argue that they don't need them, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't want them. For the vast majority of buyers who don't want a performance sedan, but only wants something roomy and comfortable, there are cheaper cars which are better equipped. The Falcon is no longer the value for money equation it once was. Far from being everyman's all round daily driver it was for the better part of four decades, the Falcon now seems to fit into a performance sedan niche.

I don't think I'll be upgrading to the FGX. The lack of equipment and interior updates has just about sealed the deal. To me, it's just not enough of a step forward for me to spend $50K on a G6E, when that same $50K can get me the sexy new Mondeo Titanium.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 07:14 AM   #8050
moparodbuster
8 GUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
This.

Those who say they don't need the gadgets are missing the point. Sure, there are those who will argue that they don't need them, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't want them. For the vast majority of buyers who don't want a performance sedan, but only wants something roomy and comfortable, there are cheaper cars which are better equipped. The Falcon is no longer the value for money equation it once was. Far from being everyman's all round daily driver it was for the better part of four decades, the Falcon now seems to fit into a performance sedan niche.

I don't think I'll be upgrading to the FGX. The lack of equipment and interior updates has just about sealed the deal. To me, it's just not enough of a step forward for me to spend $50K on a G6E, when that same $50K can get me the sexy new Mondeo Titanium.
If I was in the market for a performance sedan, I WOULD absolutely get the FGX XR8 because it represents best bang for buck in the market hands down! Even though it's interior and electronics are truly outdated by it's competition, that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me because I place the actual 'DRIVE' as top priority and not the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, I'm in the market for a performance V8 ute and that's where Ford fell flat on its face by not offering it in the FGX! Sadly, it is what it is.
moparodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #8051
sxckevo
Ford motor company

Quote:

Not even my girlfriend uses her handbrake to take off on a hill, she just doesn't roll back like any capable driver should be able to do.
I didn't realise people still used the handbrake to take off after completing their license test..

WORK CAR: RED 1996 manual XG ute
sxckevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #8052
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Quote:
...The Falcon is no longer the value for money
equation it once was......
However, in the second hand market it still is, and on an improving trend too
with the way 2 to 3 year old XR6s are priced these days.
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #8053
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxckevo View Post
Not even my girlfriend uses her handbrake to take off on a hill, she just doesn't roll back like any capable driver should be able to do.
I didn't realise people still used the handbrake to take off after completing their license test..
Do you mean hill or gentle slope? There are plenty of hills near my place a hand brake is a must...
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #8054
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are all the people worried about the lack of technology.
Look at it the other way. Can you go to Mazda and get a Super Charged V8 in a Mazda 6.
How much do you have to pay to get one in a Holden.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #8055
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't all new manual cars have hill hold technology anyway? I know the Fiesta ST has it.

E-brake or cable. It's all moot now if the car will hold itself on a hill for a couple of seconds anyway.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #8056
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
This.

If Ford were trying to sell big numbers of the Falcon then the gadgets would be required (also if the sales were in big numbers the amount of money to get them in would be justified) for the sales. Ford are targeting 500 cars a month....no point putting money in a dead duck. Whats going in isn't to bad.
Old 21-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #8057
Uwish

Quote:

You cannot find the bite point of your clutch before letting your foot off the brake?
There is almost no chance of using your handbrake in certain cars..... Like an LP640.
Uwish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 10:03 AM   #8058
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These are the specs for the Mondeo Titanium, http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/features/ its easy to see what the FG X won't have and for a car thats about the same size, comparing apples with apples, dollar for dollar..FG X will be a hard sell..sad to say...
Old 21-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #8059
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
Image gone? Or just goofy ipad problem on my end?
It's a facebook image - if you have facebook blocked you will not be able to see it

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #8060
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
If Ford were trying to sell big numbers of the Falcon then the gadgets would be required (also if the sales were in big numbers the amount of money to get them in would be justified) for the sales. Ford are targeting 500 cars a month....no point putting money in a dead duck. Whats going in isn't to bad.

The big thing for me is auto up/down on ALL windows, I drove a god damn 1998 BMW loan car while mine was getting serviced the other week and it had auto windows.

Yes they don't have much money to work with, but they also have a lovely parts bin to pick from. I doubt it'd cost too much to implement those into the Falcon, especially if the parts themselves have already been thoroughly tested in other models.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #8061
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
These are the specs for the Mondeo Titanium, http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/features/ its easy to see what the FG X won't have and for a car thats about the same size, comparing apples with apples, dollar for dollar..FG X will be a hard sell..sad to say...
Man, I really love the Mondeo/Fusion. It's just a tad too small for my liking, based on one 20 minute test drive. Chances are I'll take another one for a spin when the time finally comes to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
It's a facebook image - if you have facebook blocked you will not be able to see it
Yah, logging in with another browser fixed it. Goofy iPad problem indeed! Thanks.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #8062
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Bit silly considering how hot the top of the plenum gets.
Probably keeps under bonnet temps cooler. And therefore assists power. Or more likely emissions.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #8063
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Nate View Post
The big thing for me is auto up/down on ALL windows, I drove a god damn 1998 BMW loan car while mine was getting serviced the other week and it had auto windows.
You would think it would be easy but there is more to auto up/down windows then you think. Its not just putting the window modules in the door and away you go.....unless they get a custom system in the car....and if that happens cost goes through the roof.
Old 21-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #8064
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
You would think it would be easy but there is more to auto up/down windows then you think. Its not just putting the window modules in the door and away you go.....unless they get a custom system in the car....and if that happens cost goes through the roof.
You say this but my 1992 ford Maverick has it, so it cant be too hard
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #8065
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
You say this but my 1992 ford Maverick has it, so it cant be too hard
Keyboard engineering is easy as.
Old 21-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #8066
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
How's that V8 or turbo 6 Mondeo working out for you?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #8067
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
To be fair, outside of the enthusiasts that frequent forums like this the average buyer isn’t interested in owning a V8 or turbo 6.
It’s the creature comforts that they cross shop, not the performance.
Even more so for the many people who see performance cars as high maintenance petrol guzzlers.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #8068
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
what's life like on the "green mile'...
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #8069
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
A car which we don't even get here, till late 2015.

LOL. By then Falcon will be ready to be scraped.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #8070
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I'm going to be curious to know about will be retrofitting a SYNC ICC into an Mk2 FG...
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: