Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #61
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
you have to ask whether the spending on 30 police 4 nights a week for 3 months to get 30 cars off the road is a worthy use of our money.

i think not.

as far as harming the public and killing innocent bystanders goes, if its an industrial area in the middle of the night with no residents, there are no innocent bystanders. you go there because you know what is going on. take responsibility for your own actions! why do parents and victims feel the need to blame someone else?
But what happens when what happened 2-3 months ago with the young girl behind the wheel of a, Holden? lost it and ran in a couple of cars and people, guess who had to clean that mess up??? It wasnt her mother or father .....police ambulance and other officials.methinks...
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #62
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

mate with all this hoon bullsh!te and the clamp down on speeding and all the doo gooders in the world, I am givin up on cars and having a decent life, cause its now more socially acceptable to take Heroin and eccies and become a thug, than to drive a nice car, and occasionally go more than 35km anywhere.... the whole of Australia needs a foot up the butt for ALLOWING the minority of morons to take control of the world....

The terrorists are winning cause dam we are almost so over controlled by these idiots in power that we may as well just live for the 2 percent of the population that makes these rules...

I AM SICK OF IT...

FFS everyone start to challenge everything...not just go YEAH I KNOW..

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #63
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
It's simple really obey the law and keep your car
its sounds simple on the surface, but these BS laws are open to interpretation as said by many here, and that is where the real problem is.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #64
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
FFS everyone start to challenge everything...not just go YEAH I KNOW..
Hear hear!
/applause

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #65
Wally
XP Coupe

My agitated daughter came home with story from her work last week. She is a high school teacher:

extremely important exam in the morning for her students wanting entry to uni;
female student has autistic brother take a turn before her destitute mum was due to drive her to school;
mother organises girl's aunty to take her car and drive girl to school;
cops bail aunty up at school and find her licence has lapsed;
girl told by cops to run home and get mother;
frantic mother finds someone to look after son;
dash on foot to school;
cops book aunty and impound car under anti hoon legislation;
mother told to find her own way back home, no means to drive son to medical treatment;
student misses exam.

So there you go, hoons are everywhere and must be punished.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #66
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
My agitated daughter came home with story from her work last week. She is a high school teacher:

female student has autistic brother take a turn before her destitute mum was due to drive her to school;
dash on foot to school;
mother told to find her own way back home, no means to drive son to medical treatment;
student misses exam.

I feel safer already.

Bloke here at work had his car stolen, his neighbours car was broken into at the same time, they recovered the car, then refused to finger print the interior, as "Its a waste of time, we won't catch them."

..... Of course you wont catch them. Because you never bloody tried!

Luckily the manpower is always available to crack down on hoons and keep us and our property safe from black marks and smoke damage.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #67
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Easiest way to get the police to your house now for any reason is one of two...

Mate a bloke here posted his party on facebook/myspace and there are heaps of teens here.... 40 police and 2 choppers in 5 minutes...

Hello Police there is a teenager in a Falcon/Commdore/ricer doing burnouts in the street...10 police and a helicopter and the TMU (Vic)

Hello police there is a heroin addict shooting up in my front yard...Police "he will leave when finished, if he passes out call him an ambulance..

Hello Police my house is being robbed ? 1 police car arrives 4 hours later

Hello Police I am being raped *advised to take self to hospital and ask for rape kit*

Its all about what revenue can be raised from the crime its that simple now...and remember all you doo gooders when your time comes and the police WONT attend a crime/mugging/bashing why...cause they are too busy writing tickets for 3 km/h over the limit and or impounding a car cause it broke traction for .23 of a second.... so when you sook cause you are ROBBED, Raped, or broken into...just think back...mmm maybe a couple of black marks and smoke in the street wasnt so bad...You could get lucky cause if the robbers actually break traction and or speed when leaving the scene of the crime, there is a fair chance they might actually get caught.....LOL

Craig
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #68
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
..................You could get lucky cause if the robbers actually break traction and or speed when leaving the scene of the crime, there is a fair chance they might actually get caught.....LOL
if it's a commodore that is.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #69
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
if it's a commodore that is.
Nice shot, yes only if is a commodore cause we all know the ford wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding....

Craig
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #70
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm a numbers man. The risk of getting caught doing a skid in a $200k GT and a $200 E-Series is about the same. Consequence of getting caught? $199.8k difference :P Skids in E-Series is the way to go, same risk, lower consequence ;)

Although I'd rather "beat up" the offending officer (incapacitate him/her with a chinese burn? I dunno), escape, & cop a $900 fine. Actually, maybe not, that's nearly the same value as 5 burnout-spec EBs, but with 1/5th the fun. As mentioned, I'm a numbers man...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #71
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that might have been the story she was told but that is a lie there is no provision in the hoon laws to impound for unlicenced. that would have been the story the driver spun after she was caught racing of doing a burnout
Quote:

dash on foot to school;
student misses exam.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #72
Wally
XP Coupe

You could be right, but I think they have the power to do it:

Quote:
Vehicle impoundment laws for an expanded range of offences have been trialled in some parts of Queensland since 2007, and are now being expanded state wide.
What does the legislation cover?
From 1 July 2008, impoundment will apply for repeat “type 2 vehicle related offences” committed anywhere in Queensland. The targeted offences include:
• Driving a vehicle that is both unregistered and uninsured (registration expired by more than 30 days);
Driving while unlicensed or disqualified;
• Drink driving at 0.15% or more;
• Failing to supply a specimen of breath or blood, or driving whilst under 24 hour suspension; and
• Driving an illegally modified vehicle.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #73
mikestp
EF Ghia

Quote:
Well I want lots of money you can't change that , it's bread into me so the cops should realise that and let me rob banks? /sarcasm. this would have to be a contender for the stupidest post of the year. there are places you can go fast legally , it's called a race track or a drag strip . we have speed limits for a reason . ok maybe some limits are a bit stupid but generally they are there to save lives but fools like you say it's ok to speed the nasty cops shouls leave us alone . get real
The point im trying to make is:
number of trafic cops goes up
fines go up
amount of rediculous hoon laws go up

BUT
heres the ironic bit
The Death toll still goes up, especially for P platers
So my observation is that they gota put kids in skid pans and teach them to loose control if they wanna start saving lives
mikestp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #74
fos408

Default sad for us

Sour bastard you are right, if I get in my engineered approved modified car and decide to go down and check out the other cars at one of these spots i am now a target ,even if behaving because I drive a modified car and congregate in a know spot where 6 people do the wrong thing out of 200 there.One thing is for sure I know I will get a defect as easily as the next guy (based on experience)if the cops are in the mood .Unfortunately the cop is happy he has got these numbers down to one hundred ,but will be really happy if he gets it down to 0,as it doesnt matter anymore we are all hoons . Sadly these days we have to live with this crap ,but dont let these guys win keep driving down their and meeting up,just behave and do as my mate did and make it harder for them to defect you each time they get you
fos408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #75
gtfpv
GT

note to self .
officer . i think my traction control has failed ( " IT WASN'T ME")
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #76
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard

Ive seen a basic pull over from a tyre chirp turn into vehicle confiscation & defect,

My mate last week had his car stall at a t intersection with oncoming traffic -

He pumped the clutch while moving to fire the engine back up and gave it some gas - His wheels chirped a little -

Mr Plod reckons from 600 meters away they heard the tyres screech -

Proceeded to follow him for 15 mins before pulling him over and impounded his car on Excessive Noise and or Smoke

Nothing excessive there - If little old Lady in a corolla chirped tyres she wouldn't have been looked at twice

As i have said - If your throwing rubber and smoke everywhere - Fair enough - But a tyre chirp is ridiculous justification for Impounding -
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #77
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

The best thing I have done is have a good lawyers phone number on my mobile...
There's few that will come out if required...
I tell you it helps.. Not my personal experience.. But I rang my lawyer to help a guy out... Strange how attitude changes.. Mobile was on speaker...
Its not just loosing your car for 3 months .. Its the tow truck fee of $500 odd and $1200 odd storage fee...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #78
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

I personally believe the people here saying "Hear hear!" to the new laws have never been on the aggro side of a cop with an agenda.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #79
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Burnouts and streetracing are victimless crimes? right !!! tell that to the families of those that get killked when it all goes pearshaped. he looses a GT ok but he knew he would if he got caught it was not his first time. instead of crushing is should be sold and the procedes go to charity and as a sentence he should have to wash it weekly for a year for the new owner to totaly humiliate him.
burnouts on the street are not legal and not tollerated it is actively discouraged by this forum and needs to be moved to a legal venue, yes they do exist but some are too stupid to use them
They are victimless crimes unless you actually injure someone, in which case the charge will be manslaughter, negligent driving, driving without due care, and so on. I do not support street racing at all, and i am a strong advocate of off street racing in all forms, but i do have a problem with the hoon legislation being so dependent upon the phrase "if the officer reasonably believes..." It leaves a huge gap for abuse. And if no one got injured, suffered from the actions, was disadvantaged, then the punishment does not fit the crime.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #80
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP owner
They are victimless crimes unless you actually injure someone, in which case the charge will be manslaughter, negligent driving, driving without due care, and so on. I do not support street racing at all, and i am a strong advocate of off street racing in all forms, but i do have a problem with the hoon legislation being so dependent upon the phrase "if the officer reasonably believes..." It leaves a huge gap for abuse. And if no one got injured, suffered from the actions, was disadvantaged, then the punishment does not fit the crime.
remember this thread started about 8 cars at a burnout event in a public place no sympathy for them at all . they could have done this in a legal manner but were too stupid. owner of the GT was 2nd offence = double stupid

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #81
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stupid yes. Fair, no.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #82
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You could be right, but I think they have the power to do it:
Vehicle impoundment laws for an expanded range of offences have been trialled in some parts of Queensland since 2007, and are now being expanded state wide.
What does the legislation cover?
From 1 July 2008, impoundment will apply for repeat “type 2 vehicle related offences” committed anywhere in Queensland. The targeted offences include:
• Driving a vehicle that is both unregistered and uninsured (registration expired by more than 30 days);
• Driving while unlicensed or disqualified;
• Drink driving at 0.15% or more;
• Failing to supply a specimen of breath or blood, or driving whilst under 24 hour suspension; and
• Driving an illegally modified vehicle.
so let me get this right, you car can be impounded for traffic offenses other than street racing, which is what this stupid law was introduced for? driving while unlicensed, drink driving (alright good on em) driving a modified vehicle thats illegal?

hmm
why even bother owning a car? soon your car will be crushed for not wearing a seatbelt.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 02:23 PM   #83
CFOUR
The Destroyer

we pay for the roads. if they don't want us smoking tyres and street racing build public skidpans and drag strips that are open daily instead of once or twice a month.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #84
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
so let me get this right, you car can be impounded for traffic offenses other than street racing, which is what this stupid law was introduced for? driving while unlicensed, drink driving (alright good on em) driving a modified vehicle thats illegal?

hmm
why even bother owning a car? soon your car will be crushed for not wearing a seatbelt.
Just makes you warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it. This is what you get when you have the self appointed social conscience that is the Labor Party in power at too many levels of Govt in too many states = absence of yin and yang.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #85
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

your tvs too loud we have warned you before ! im taking it . i use to respect police when i grew up to a fair extent , but dont thing nowdays that they will help you ,been said a lot of times already .communism anyone ? .just cause they are not smart enough to do it the right way means we all pay.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #86
pattobro
Monsterous Turbo

Too bad!!
i feel sorry for the guy
imagine having your baby sold!!
DAAMMM

also does anyone know what the laws on doing this are in melbourne?
recently moved here so yeahh....
Old 07-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #87
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

these new laws are rediculous. i think that the government should stop making such a big deal over small events that occur on the road and start using the money and police force to stop more serious crimes from happening. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that the justice system is *d! For example how does a person charged with killing someone over a $100 drug debt get only 2 years jail and someone doing 207km/h in a 70km/h zone get 6months jail.
On friday i was running late for a ford cruise and i was caught up in traffic on the freeway, all i did was drop the gear down to fourth and proceeded to overtake a few vehicles whilst not going over the speed limit by over 15km/h. A Nissan Patrol ffs started flashing his headlights at me and started tailgating and driving real recklessly to catch me. I figured it was a cop and indicated to the far left lane and pulled over when he had reached me. The police officer was by himself and he knocks on my window and told me that he was part of the "Crash Investigation Squad". To cut a long story short he told me that he was going back to the office "where he belongs if you ask me" and filing a report to charge me of dangerous driving which is a loss of liscence for 3 months. All this just for USING my V8 to overtake a few cars.
Politicians need to get there priorities right.

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8 @ 100MPH (161km/h)

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
1/4 Mile: 13.0 @ 107MPH (172km/h)
BlacklistedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:15 AM   #88
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Easiest way to get the police to your house now for any reason is one of two...

Mate a bloke here posted his party on facebook/myspace and there are heaps of teens here.... 40 police and 2 choppers in 5 minutes...

Hello Police there is a teenager in a Falcon/Commdore/ricer doing burnouts in the street...10 police and a helicopter and the TMU (Vic)

Hello police there is a heroin addict shooting up in my front yard...Police "he will leave when finished, if he passes out call him an ambulance..

Hello Police my house is being robbed ? 1 police car arrives 4 hours later

Hello Police I am being raped *advised to take self to hospital and ask for rape kit*

Its all about what revenue can be raised from the crime its that simple now...and remember all you doo gooders when your time comes and the police WONT attend a crime/mugging/bashing why...cause they are too busy writing tickets for 3 km/h over the limit and or impounding a car cause it broke traction for .23 of a second.... so when you sook cause you are ROBBED, Raped, or broken into...just think back...mmm maybe a couple of black marks and smoke in the street wasnt so bad...You could get lucky cause if the robbers actually break traction and or speed when leaving the scene of the crime, there is a fair chance they might actually get caught.....LOL
Your so correct it's not funny.

House got broken into and the cops didn't show up until hours later.

I found two fairly new pushbikes that had been stolen. I took it to the cop station so they could track down the owner. The cops said not to bother and just take it to the tip.

Me and a few mates were walking home from the club and got beaten up by some thugs one block from the cop station. A cop car DROVE PAST while we were being beaten up and headed to the main street. My mate has the missing front teeth to prove.

Walking out to the car when parked at a mates place to get a carton out of boot. Cops come out of nowhere, confiscate my keys, drug search my car and find a cap gun and proceed to yell at me (I didn't know cap guns were illegal) and confiscate cap gun. Very embarassing.

Seriously if there are any articulate letter writers here they should start a petition. I could get 100's to sign. I will even note that I am a lifelong Labor supporter but am seriously considering my alliegance.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #89
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

This sort of Police state mentality is making me think about bailing out of the country as soon as I've finished my degree. More money for scientists in the States or the UK anyway.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #90
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bird
This sort of Police state mentality is making me think about bailing out of the country as soon as I've finished my degree. More money for scientists in the States or the UK anyway.
or NZ, friendliest police force in the world?

i would think the US is more of a police state than here
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post