Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #61
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car industry subsidies in news again...

Dont worry the forums glitched for me too.

Anyway as many have already said.

The consequences from FoA and Holden shutting down local manufacturing would be huge.

Its not like GM are the worlds most successful Automaker again, oh wait...

I am glad Ford Australia pulled their finger out and are finally equipping the falcons with some decent engine options for the buyer who wants more bang for lest buck (and with current fuel prices who wouldnt)

I am glad we got 2 pages of civilized and informed discussions.

I think 2012 could be a huge turning point for the falcon, i hope it gets a turbo diesel option.

As much as i love the Aussie Intec engine, regrettably its days are numbered, there is only so much economy one can get out of a 4.0l straight 6.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #62
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Car industry subsidies in news again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
actually a bloke(an American) on the idiot box was talking economics about the unfair tariffs china puts on american cars....... from memory 25% and the tariffs on chinese vehicles coming into US was either 2 or 5% ,
i don`t know what our deal is but no doubt it would be similar, how long can this go on?
Unfortunately the Chinese still engineer their economy to keep them selves ultra competitive. Then they subsidise their manufacturing sector and richer countries really can't compete.

Australia is lucky at the moment as were making good money from our minerals. I'm just waiting till China start doing some real mining (not the rubbish they do now) how we will go.