Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #61
nstg8a

Default Re: Reminder...new pushbike rules from April 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne View Post
For what it is worth, I, don't nor anyone I ride with, does this.

It's rude, it's dangerous, it's asking for trouble. This goes back to the whole courtesy thing.

I take my position in traffic and that's it.
That's good, that's how all cyclists should think.

I'm close to the Brisbane cbd and unfortunately it's pretty common round here.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #62
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
here, here!!

try taking taking a phone call, a family member cyclist has been hit by a dickwad in a car

give em some room, besides being courteous, its not that ******* hard
Exactly
Or a phone call your whole family is dead because they went around a cyclist over a double line and went head on with another car going around another bike
What a pack of dousches that make these laws
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 06:30 PM   #63
nstg8a

i can't believe they've actually changed the law to make it legal to cross double white lines, that just defies belief, and shows just how out of touch these morons are.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #64
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Actually these laws are just another cash grab/usseless rot......because the type of rider/driver that doesn't respect other people STILL won't change!! FACT
Old 28-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #65
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's the nanny state syndrome, and I'll go back to my original post.
The gun laws made criminals out of law abiding citizens, this is exactly the same scenario, turn those not driving motor cars against those driving motor cars.

It's revenue raising exercise in the guise of looking after some ones safety as per Little Johnny's gun laws

Lets hope the result of this iniquitious law has a better outcome than the mind bogglingly expensive failure that the gun laws are.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #66
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Perhaps this is what motorists REALLY WANT???

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 28-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #67
nstg8a

I'm all for cyclists, every cyclist means there's one less car on the road.

But if traffic pace is determined by how fast a cyclist can pedal across an intersection then shoot, we might as well go back to the old days of having a dude walking in front of the car ringing a bell so everyone knew to stay out of the way.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #68
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post

Do you think it's fair to blatantly paint every cyclist with the same brush?

...(re: modified cars = hoons)
P platers all get tared with the same brush, constant introduction of blanket laws due to individuals.

I heard a frightening statistic about cyclist in SA last year, ~33% go through red lights. With the tour down under not that long in the past I can vividly remember groups of cyclist going down dual land roads (with a cyclist lane) hogging an entire lane riding illegally in groups 5 and wider(this happens YEARLY at this time for about 2-4wks and is worse in the hills). In this situation where there is a wide verge between opposite lanes it would be IMPOSSIBLE to overtake the illegally traveling cyclists with a 1m gap. When people do overtake and get too close these illegal cyclists could then snap a picture and get the driver held accountable(riding on a phone would be the same as driving I would assume???). Where is the accountability for the cyclist when breaking the law and riding 3+ wide or going through red lights, there is none.

IMO a cyclist should have to have a YEARLY PAID number plate (like cars) to use major roads. They have special lanes made for them which cost money, why shouldn't they have to help pay for them. If you don't want to pay for rego like ever single other road user then stick to back streets and get exercise. The argument that they pay car rego is pathetic because I pay rego on ALL my vehicles, but just cause I pay for a car doesn't mean I don't have to pay for my motorbike.

A simple google search also gives many, many cases of cyclists hitting pedestrians at which point they can ride off (and will, I've seen it) and even some cases of them killing them.... Insurance?

How fast do cyclists go? average 20km/h? max 45km/h on the flat???
Old 28-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #69
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
I'm all for cyclists, every cyclist means there's one less car on the road.

But if traffic pace is determined by how fast a cyclist can pedal across an intersection then shoot, we might as well go back to the old days of having a dude walking in front of the car ringing a bell so everyone knew to stay out of the way.
I dont think its as bad as that. I just think govco want motorists to be aware that they need to take particular due care when passing a cyclist more so now with a fine involved than ever before.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 28-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #70
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
P platers all get tared with the same brush, constant introduction of blanket laws due to individuals.

I heard a frightening statistic about cyclist in SA last year, ~33% go through red lights. With the tour down under not that long in the past I can vividly remember groups of cyclist going down dual land roads (with a cyclist lane) hogging an entire lane riding illegally in groups 5 and wider(this happens YEARLY at this time for about 2-4wks and is worse in the hills). In this situation where there is a wide verge between opposite lanes it would be IMPOSSIBLE to overtake the illegally traveling cyclists with a 1m gap. When people do overtake and get too close these illegal cyclists could then snap a picture and get the driver held accountable(riding on a phone would be the same as driving I would assume???). Where is the accountability for the cyclist when breaking the law and riding 3+ wide or going through red lights, there is none.

IMO a cyclist should have to have a YEARLY PAID number plate (like cars) to use major roads. They have special lanes made for them which cost money, why shouldn't they have to help pay for them. If you don't want to pay for rego like ever single other road user then stick to back streets and get exercise. The argument that they pay car rego is pathetic because I pay rego on ALL my vehicles, but just cause I pay for a car doesn't mean I don't have to pay for my motorbike.

A simple google search also gives many, many cases of cyclists hitting pedestrians at which point they can ride off (and will, I've seen it) and even some cases of them killing them.... Insurance?

How fast do cyclists go? average 20km/h? max 45km/h on the flat???
I have never heard of this post TDU and I do not condone such behavior. It isn't right I know. But where is the police presence in this scenario?

I liken such behavior during clipsal. The road works there is ridiculous and I have seen car mount kerbs and cross traffic illegally to avoid traffic jams. Ive seen the fences of parking spots in the park lands being torn down due to the traffic hold ups there. So how is that any different?

I understand your frustration, but where does it end? In a number plate??? It seems like cyclists are an easy target because it forces drivers to be more aware of their driving behavior to make a safe pass, plus I believe motorists dont like the fact that cyclists can zip down a bicycle lane in peak hour traffic and avoid the traffic jams.

Again, it comes down to showing other road users courtesy (this goes for cyclists and motorists).

As for your issue with cyclists also paying for car rego, how is that ridiculous? My taxes also pay for schools, hospitals, and other infrastructure I don't use either, does that mean Im exempt from paying this if I dont use them?

We could go on and on.

Im not waging a war with you on this, so please don't take it the wrong way, but I cannot see registration, number plates and every other identifiable suggestion as the primary solution. I can only see education for ALL road users being the alternative in alleviating the anger being sprayed on both sides.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 28-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #71
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
I dont think its as bad as that. I just think govco want motorists to be aware that they need to take particular due care when passing a cyclist more so now with a fine involved than ever before.
Making the roads safer to save lives and prevent road trauma is always a good thing, no doubt about it. But here's the rub: road safety is a shared responsibility.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 28-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #72
burnz
VFII SS UTE

rego no.
insurance yes.

if they hit pedestrians, cars, "what" ever same as motorcycles ...

who pays when a pushie hurts/kills someone?
Old 28-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #73
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they should fine cyclists for riding on the road and footpaths in the instance where specific paths exist and when said road is now narrower to put in the path making it harder or impossible to go around.

I'm not talking about the ones where they just put a line on the road, there are ones which are either raised or separated by a gutter of sorts but are otherwise the same as a road.
Old 28-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #74
Nova 8

Quote:
I have never heard of this post TDU and I do not condone such behavior. It isn't right I know. But where is the police presence in this scenario?

I liken such behavior during clipsal. The road works there is ridiculous and I have seen car mount kerbs and cross traffic illegally to avoid traffic jams. Ive seen the fences of parking spots in the park lands being torn down due to the traffic hold ups there. So how is that any different?

I understand your frustration, but where does it end? In a number plate??? It seems like cyclists are an easy target because it forces drivers to be more aware of their driving behavior to make a safe pass, plus I believe motorists dont like the fact that cyclists can zip down a bicycle lane in peak hour traffic and avoid the traffic jams.

Again, it comes down to showing other road users courtesy (this goes for cyclists and motorists).

As for your issue with cyclists also paying for car rego, how is that ridiculous? My taxes also pay for schools, hospitals, and other infrastructure I don't use either, does that mean Im exempt from paying this if I dont use them?

We could go on and on.

Im not waging a war with you on this, so please don't take it the wrong way, but I cannot see registration, number plates and every other identifiable suggestion as the primary solution. I can only see education for ALL road users being the alternative in alleviating the anger being sprayed on both sides.
I am not complaining about the road closures and such of the actual race, that I am perfectly happy with. Its good for state tourism, annoys me when people complain about one but enjoy the other. My issue is with the 1000's of cyclists who take to public roads with total disregard while the tour is on, of these cyclist many are foreign to either the state and/or country and may not even know the laws which is irrelevant (a person has the responsibility to learn laws regarding their actions in foreign lands.) As for the damage on the park lands, Clispal spends big $$$ on the park lands both before and after the race.

Road uses have to pay rego as part of using the road, with the increase in cyclists on the road which is only going to continue to increase with increased cost of living like fuel. At what point do cyclists then become more accountable, we had an ad here in SA a while back promoting the "share the road" attitude. The ad told other road users (those in vehicles) to slow down, be alert, courteous and to give cyclist room while cyclists were told to "obey road rules". How about some courtesy when exiting their cycling lane to go round parked vehicles, a simple look over the shoulder to see if they are gonna scare the crap out of anyone or how about a mirror... I don't think the rego should be costly, something like the cost of the plate and $100 a year or something like that. Also I think this should only be to use major road and mainly for peak hour traffic or places with high foot traffic. If people want to ride round back streets where risks are much, much lower then that's fine.

Also cyclists are no better than motorists when they are the superior vehicle. I recently went to Perth and used my skateboard to get around on walk/bike paths and not only did cyclists not slow down but also shot past with mere inches to spare and if I was to push at the wrong time I would have been hit many times. That said many people did slow down and ring their bell or say something like "on your right" but if you hammer in 1000 nails do you remember the 999 before or the last one which you smashed your thumb. Cyclists are like motorist, some are dim, some are arrogant, some ignore the law altogether but most are fine but people dwell on the bad.
Old 28-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #75
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
But here's the rub: road safety is a shared responsibility.
Reading the fine print of the Q&A information...not any more it's not...
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 07:46 PM   #76
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I think they should fine cyclists for riding on the road and footpaths in the instance where specific paths exist and when said road is now narrower to put in the path making it harder or impossible to go around.

I'm not talking about the ones where they just put a line on the road, there are ones which are either raised or separated by a gutter of sorts but are otherwise the same as a road.
Victorian laws but my understanding of South Australian laws regarding the issue is the same. A mate recently got a fine for riding his pushy on the footpath. It was <$100.

People aged under 12 years of age are permitted to ride their bicycles on the footpath.
Under the road rules, people aged under 12 years of age are permitted to ride their bicycles on the footpath, unless specifically prohibited.

People aged 12 years of age or older are not permitted to ride their bicycles on the footpath, unless they:
  • are aged over 18 years of age and are accompanying a child who is under 12 years of age and the child is under the rider's supervision
  • have a medical or an intellectual disability and have a certificate signed by a medical practitioner that states that it is undesirable, impractical or inexpedient for them to ride on the road
  • are engaged in the delivery of postal articles for or on behalf of Australia Post.
Please note that the rules do not make it legal to ride on the footpath with a child in a seat or trailer.

The road rules for Victoria are in line with other states such as NSW. It means that adults can accompany on the footpath children who may not have the skills to ride on the road. See the VicRoads website for more detail.
Old 28-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #77
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Old 28-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #78
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

if you're a car driver and cant avoid a bike, then may be you should not be in control of the car, maybe we should ban cars towing trailers on winding roads, they **** me off because I have to slow down for them, and trucks on hills, lets ban them too, they also make me slow down, it's just not fair!

Rego?? rego pays for up keep of the road caused by the damage done by the vehicle, the bigger/heavier the vehicle, the more they have to pay, what damage do bikes do?

When was the bicycle invented? when was the car invented? guess what, bikes have been around longer than cars. If people are going to whinge about bikes riding 2 abreast etc, learn your road rules before you open your mouth.

When you drive a car, yes you may see lots of bikes and some of them may break some road rules, you don't notice the cars though because you are normally travelling similar speeds so do not come across as many individuals, but go for a ride on a bike, you don't see too many cyclist breaking rules for the same reason as above, but you see plenty more cars breaking the rules, speeding, running red lights, accelerating to get through lights before they turn red, talking on phones, texting etc etc

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
4 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #79
Nova 8

Bikes get entire lanes dedicated to them along side major highways, cars cannot drive on these nor can people walk on them (walking was around prior to bikes). These lanes require up keep so who is to pay for that? Also trailers are required to be registered, a small trailer could weight less than a fat guy on a bike and also spreads it weight over a larger area, however the trailer is held to higher legal accountability. As for riding 2 abreast, it completely legal and I personally have no issue with it and point out its legal to others. Come TDA 2015 I am more then happy to post many, many imagines from a go-pro of cyclists riding in packs of 20+ and riding 5 wide or more.

What about pedestrians getting hit by bikes, who's fault is that? The pedestrians?

I personally have nothing against cyclists and have friends/family who cycle and understand their plight. That said we live in the world where the many are held accountable due to the few and that equality is meant to be equal across the field. Why shouldn't cyclist pay like other uses, have insurance to cover both themselves (mainly themselves) and other road users. And again, I think cyclists should only pay on certain roads, consider it a toll road to be in a high risk area, motorist are getting squeezed more and more, cyclists use the same roads.... fair is fair.
Old 28-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #80
mattrobbo26

A pedestrian was recently hit by a cyclist here in Melbourne. It was an elderly man who was knocked unconscious the cyclist did not stop. There we witnesses who helped the gentleman but how can they report such an incident without any identification for the cyclist.
Old 28-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #81
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Next Campbell will merge the new bike laws and the bikie laws and 3 or more lycra "coloured" wearing bikers in a pack will all be arrested on the spot by the Police...
Police can raid their clubhouses...any coffee shop on the weekend
Confiscate and crush their bikes...many cost as much as motor cycles
Their gangs must be involved in drugs such as Red Bull and Monster

Win Win for Society as a whole...

Seriously this will be a can of worms for Qlders and has had about as much thought as the Mining Tax. Blanket laws have many unintended consequences, better to treat each case on its merits.

Learner drivers, wide loads, tractors etc are not allowed on motorways for everyones safety, bikes should be banned from certain narrow roads as well where there is no room to cross the double lines and no visibility to slow a 60 ton truck down in time. Most roads north of Brisbane are only 2 lanes, one each way and have very little for cyclists.

Recently a tourist was arrested for roller blading down a range, but cycling is OK?
Old 28-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #82
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD5 View Post
If cyclists want to use the road, they should have to PAY to use it.
You know, like motorists have to...
http://www.smh.com.au/national/bike-...730-2qxdg.html

FYI.

Cycling benefits the economy.

$21 x 5 days a week x 48 work weeks p/a = $5040

Makes my rego and insurance look cheap
Old 28-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #83
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
I personally have nothing against cyclists and have friends/family who cycle and understand their plight. That said we live in the world where the many are held accountable due to the few and that equality is meant to be equal across the field. Why shouldn't cyclist pay like other uses, have insurance to cover both themselves (mainly themselves) and other road users. And again, I think cyclists should only pay on certain roads, consider it a toll road to be in a high risk area, motorist are getting squeezed more and more, cyclists use the same roads.... fair is fair.
And I would be happy to pay a token price for a plate if that would be the end of it from complaining motorists. But somehow I don't think it will.

Also back to one of my earlier posts, I just think this (rego plates) will empower cyclists to MORE rights/entitlements than it is. They will expect to be treated like any other vehicle on the road, take up the entire lane if they have to, and some will be even more pig headed about maintaining 'their rights' because they are forced to pay registration and a number plate for the sake of being 'fair'.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 28-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #84
Xauterus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if the people most critical of this law change have actually spent some decent time on a bicycle trying to commute or travel. I am not talking about a cruise on a weekend with your family along a proper bikeway.

To be so critical of a group you need to spend some time in their shoes. Look at the bad time motorcyclists are getting at the moment due to a minority group whose whole basis is to live outside the law. It makes a mature mate of mine irate when he gets pulled over on a motorcycle that doesnt even look like an outlaw riders bike for no good reason except hes on a bike. They are being unfairly tagged into one group just as the critics in this thread group "all" cyclists.

If the loud critics spent some time in a cyclists shoes they would feel the vulnerability that exists. Just as people see a bunch of lycra clad cyclists, they see a group or motorcyclists, car enthusiasts, and put labels on them such as HOON. A word I totally hate.
6 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #85
Matty4
Banana

This is a very good study on cyclists.
http://youtu.be/OYeYgiHBdwQ
Old 28-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #86
Nova 8

Having a rego plate won't give you power, you won't be able to demand your right to fill an entire lane. It gives you higher legal liability and identity which gives you less power not more. If having a number plate gave you more then cyclists wouldn't be allowed on the road because those with them voiced against it but instead we see the opposite, the ones with no identity and the ability to flee easily getting more and more. Their own lanes to their own roads and now half of the paying citizens road as well. The fairness you speak of is road offense being easily linked to your license and the police being able to follow up issues with ease. Cyclist ABC123 failed to indicate and is reported by a "concerned" road user. There are fines accompaning that.
Old 28-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #87
1TUFFUTE
Banned

What about the stupid one sided phone issue.....they can video or photo you to dob you in...but if you record them as you pass a bicycle you'll get fined for using your phone while driving

And as commented above...your car rego may go to pay for new roads like your taxes may....but that rego includes insurance compulsory to cover you. Cyclists don't have anything!
I don't claim to have the answer but the balance certainly isn't right here!
Old 28-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #88
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post

Here's another news item about it:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...se-to-cyclists

And I say again...to remind you of the staggeringly huge mental giants we are dealing with on these committees, look at what they originally suggested the fines should be...

Quote:
The $330 fine was much less than the $4400 fine proposed by a parliamentary committee last year.
Wow. Just...wow.
My push bike almost costs as much as that proposed fine ($4400) I take my riding seriously, but the amount of things some cyclists get away with on the roads these days is ridiculous.

I absolutely hate riding on the road. I avoid it at all costs. That is the main reason I bought a Ranger. Put my bike in the tray, drive to an appropriate and safe location, then enjoy my bike ride.

People also say "build more cycle lanes"
Sounds good, but there is always those cyclists that will not use them and will still ride on the regular traffic lane.
It's completely unnecessary, but they will not be fined.
Old 28-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #89
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I recently went to Perth and used my skateboard to get around on walk/bike paths and not only did cyclists not slow down but also shot past with mere inches to spare and if I was to push at the wrong time I would have been hit many times. That said many people did slow down and ring their bell or say something like "on your right”
Now imagine that bike being 1.5-2tonnes of metal. As you say, some are jerks and some are considerate. Same goes for cars.

Quote:
A pedestrian was recently hit by a cyclist here in Melbourne. It was an elderly man who was knocked unconscious the cyclist did not stop. There we witnesses who helped the gentleman but how can they report such an incident without any identification for the cyclist.
Thank god a motorist has never done something like that. You’re right. Cyclists are murderers!!!

Quote:
Having a rego plate won't give you power, you won't be able to demand your right to fill an entire lane.
Well, if you want me to pay rego (which I am happy to do) I am now a car as far as I’m concerned. So yeah, I’ll take up the whole lane and be a car. Not exactly the outcome you were gunning for.

Yes it makes you more accountable, but do you think it’ll stop the jerk cyclists from being jerks?? I wonder if licence plates stop all drivers from breaking the rules… hmm.. nope!
Old 28-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #90
jakkes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there are dedicated bike lanes in melb and they are great i use em i beat the traffic a lot of the time on my bmx lol we have a dedicated directional cycle path from Brighton to port melb in-between the road and the footpath which is very safe would cost a lot of $$ to do this but

----------------------------------------------------------------
BA falcon XT mkII, 5.4lt, 5sp,
Y-code, xy windowless pano, 3 on the tree manual.
re-shelled xy falcon GT, manual.
1980 honda CX500 scrambler/dirt tracker
Closed Thread