Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #61
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
i saw a police officer returning from a speeding vehicle to his own on the hard shoulder on the highway...the coopers car was an unmarked green ef/el...whats going on there?
Its called a hallucination!

You must keep taking your medication or lower the dose, I'm not sure which will help!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #62
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I must drive around in a coma or live in an isolated part of australia because ive been driving around Melbourne for the best part of 20 years and ive averaged 40,000 K's per year for half of that time and i can not EVER remember seeing or experiencing any Marked or unmarked Police car do anything like what some of you say they see do on a regular basis..
I must be blind as a bat......
When their roaming on the F3 at night they usually are doing about 130-150km/h without their lights on to sneak up on other speeding cars rather than being a stationary speed trap.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #63
lizardmech

Quote:
I must drive around in a coma or live in an isolated part of australia because ive been driving around Melbourne for the best part of 20 years and ive averaged 40,000 K's per year for half of that time and i can not EVER remember seeing or experiencing any Marked or unmarked Police car do anything like what some of you say they see do on a regular basis..
I must be blind as a bat......
I have never seen a normal marked one misbehave but I have seen those blue xr8s speeding on pascovale RD, unmarked SS cruising at 120km on the western ring road and one speeding in a 60 zone. I have also seen the motor bikes driving in a group of about 4 doing a fair bit over 100 down the western ring road near plenty road, I don't know what the ones on the bikes are doing but I have seen them at least 3 times in the last 6 months.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #64
Choca
Falcon Owner

Here's My 5cents

After being pulled over by a black commodore with bodykit and Chromeies having a go at draging him off the lights it think that the XTV8 undercover cop is very believable

But just to make sure i spoke to my mate's father who is a traffic cop, he said yes there more than likey a GT undercover cop cruising around mught even be a couple of them, aparently cops are trying to cut down the ammount of undercover cars out on the road but the ones they have they want to make sure are "undercover"

Bit scary really we might end up with a new school knightrider. lol

Plus i think cops shold be drivin around in small little 4 bangers cosidering the new fuel prices, i dont like spendin my money on fuel so i dont want all my tax going to the cops fuel card
Choca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #65
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Click on AWC one of our sponsors above. GT bodykit. We will now suffer the execHSV like our "beloved" brothers. I for one am stoked.

Lots of cars want a go at the GT. So much so it's annoying. Funnily enough it's rarely HSV's or other "big" cars.

I have had two different XR6T's around the Mt Gravatt area here in Brisbane "prompt" me "for a go", both on the highway. Problem is those parcel shelf lights are a bit obvious boys. When you surge several times, make sure I can't see the rear. Keep trying though.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think police officers are out there, AND prompting things. Like all workplaces there's good people and bad people. I have a few copper mates, and I hear about the "bad". Don't be stupid enough to get caught.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #66
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerian
Well, that was a mildly clever retort.

I thought you were giving me the education. Here I was thinking we could argue about the ins-and-outs of entrapment, legalities and whether it's right or wrong instead of sending childish remarks to each other.

As I said, PM me if you want to discuss. I'm backing out of this thread because a few people have tried to steer it back on topic and it's not working thus far. Probably my fault, so I'll catch you guys in off topic where apparently I'm at home.
Sagerian,

Just cop it (pardon the pun), but you're wrong and XA Coupe is correct. Try any defence you care to run, but entrapment is not a defence in any state or territory of Australia. If you disagree, go out and see if you can find an unmarked police car to race you. I know that I will certainly laugh when you are convicted.

You haven't quoted a single iota aof fact, just roundabout bullshi* that kinda sounds convicning, but has absolutely no grounding what-so-ever.

My challange stands.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 AM   #67
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
When their roaming on the F3 at night they usually are doing about 130-150km/h without their lights on to sneak up on other speeding cars rather than being a stationary speed trap.
If you would care to check the legislation, there is no requirement for the lights to be on. Stationary speed detection is not the only method used.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:48 AM   #68
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

could have atleast got the real deal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 AM   #69
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All his talk of cops 'hooning' and driving dangerously s me. They're highly trained (i.e. moreso than most of us) drivers, doing their job, a dangerous one at that; protecting us. Maybe speeding was required to catch up to the drink driver they heard reports about, mayber speeding was required to get to the scene of an accident/bashing/domestic where lives are at risk and every second counts. Everybody seems to jump to the conclusion that their just late for lunch - even if this is the case, so be it! If your jelous, join the force! The rules arn't the same for everyone for a reason.
It's not often we hear about 'out of control hooning cops' wrapping themselves round poles - you know we would, the media would love it!

And hell, i much rather being caught speeding by a bloke with a badge, no matter what the method, than a magna ont he side of the road.

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:21 AM   #70
gozza

that reminds me
i got pulled over by a stock green magna in the city
didn't even have a siren just a dogdy detachable blue light
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #71
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
that reminds me
i got pulled over by a stock green magna in the city
didn't even have a siren just a dogdy detachable blue light
Green just isn't your colour is it.!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #72
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
If you would care to check the legislation, there is no requirement for the lights to be on.
Likewise I extend to you the same courtsey.

Quote:
Aussie Road Rules, RTA
Part 19 Exemptions
305 Exemption for drivers of police vehicles
(1) A provision of the Australian Road Rules does not apply to the
driver of a police vehicle if:
(a) in the circumstances:
(i) the driver is taking reasonable care; and
(ii) it is reasonable that the provision should not apply;
and
(b) if the vehicle is a motor vehicle that is moving — the
vehicle is displaying a blue or red flashing light or
sounding an alarm.
Note Motor vehicle and police vehicle are defined in the dictionary.
(2) Subrule (1) (b) does not apply to the driver if, in the
circumstances, it is reasonable:
(a) not to display the light or sound the alarm; or
(b) for the vehicle not to be fitted or equipped with a blue or
red flashing light or an alarm.
I think the policeman would have a hard time trying to explain to a court of law why it was "reasonable" to break the speed limit for regular highway duties.

Anyway, without giving the best practible warning, in these circumstances they would be considered to be negligent in their duty of care to the public.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #73
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
All his talk of cops 'hooning' and driving dangerously s me. They're highly trained (i.e. moreso than most of us) drivers, doing their job, a dangerous one at that; protecting us. Maybe speeding was required to catch up to the drink driver they heard reports about, mayber speeding was required to get to the scene of an accident/bashing/domestic where lives are at risk and every second counts. Everybody seems to jump to the conclusion that their just late for lunch - even if this is the case, so be it! If your jelous, join the force! The rules arn't the same for everyone for a reason.
It's not often we hear about 'out of control hooning cops' wrapping themselves round poles - you know we would, the media would love it!

And hell, i much rather being caught speeding by a bloke with a badge, no matter what the method, than a magna ont he side of the road.

-Stu
Stu,

Unless the Police vehicle has lights or sirens (as per above) then they are to drive within the same law as the rest of us, even if they are in a 'blue ans white'!

Besides this is off topic. What happend to the discussion of Gt lookalikes???
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:27 PM   #74
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Stu,

Unless the Police vehicle has lights or sirens (as per above) then they are to drive within the same law as the rest of us, even if they are in a 'blue ans white'!
Wrong .. and sagerian knows how I know this

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Besides this is off topic. What happend to the discussion of Gt lookalikes???
Exactly.. lets just get it back on track
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 03:39 PM   #75
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Wrong .. and sagerian knows how I know this
Shhhh, your secret identity is safe with me.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #76
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerian
Shhhh, your secret identity is safe with me.
Is it Batman? Batmans a scientist.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #77
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Is it Batman? Batmans a scientist.
No I'm sure it is something to do with The Masons, both Sage and XA have often been caught out hiding aprons.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #78
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
No I'm sure it is something to do with The Masons, both Sage and XA have often been caught out hiding aprons.
No way are those two Masons. Scientologists maybe, Communists absolutely, maybe even a Mason, but theres no way that they are Republicans.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 04:11 PM   #79
gozza

reptilians or priests of the new world order
Old 08-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #80
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Stonecutters?
Maybe Mole people?
Or do they work for the RAND corporation?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #81
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Cop XTV8 with GT body kit..

Actually the more i think about it the more i laugh... :hihi:
Maybe we could start a thread to list the most rediculous police vehicle myths they've ever heard... :
man wtf? a mate saw what he thought was a GT in a petrol station. a cop got out. they started talking and the cop said it wasn a V8 XT falcon with a GT kit. the cop may have been full of s**t but why would you BS a 40yo bloke whos filling up his work ute? fair enough some kids in there hondatsu gtir+.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #82
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFGTHO
I hate it when they do that crap... fair enough to nab someone hwen they are being a ******** ... but I draw the line at entrapment
if they are stupid enough to street race, then they deserve what they get, whether you think it entrapment or not....
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #83
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
the cop said it wasn a V8 XT falcon with a GT kit.
Ahhh, ok, that makes more sense, so the cop said it wasnt an XT falcon with a GT kit... :Reverend:

Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #84
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Likewise I extend to you the same courtsey.

I think the policeman would have a hard time trying to explain to a court of law why it was "reasonable" to break the speed limit for regular highway duties.

Anyway, without giving the best practible warning, in these circumstances they would be considered to be negligent in their duty of care to the public.
Not a hard time at all, that's what the provision is for.

But, good on you for having a look!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #85
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceler8shun
if they are stupid enough to street race, then they deserve what they get, whether you think it entrapment or not....
aren't we high and mighty
Old 09-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #86
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Quote:
I wouldn't say 'high and mighty' as I agree. Just because you thought you were racing someone who wasn't a copper doesn't mean you should get off. It is not entrapment as YOU decide how hard you press the right pedal!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 09-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #87
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And you'd have 341RWKW for towing trailers of vegetables then?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:41 AM   #88
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Hey, if people are stupid enough to do, then they forfeit the right to and complain about it.... nothing high and mighty about it....

I dont have the need or urge to race someone at the lights or anywhere at all on the open road.. whats the point? whats it prove? nothing.. people need to take responsibility for their actions and not blame someone else for them being caught.

the only place to race is on the track!
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 PM   #89
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Hey, if people are stupid enough to do, then they forfeit the right to and complain about it.... nothing high and mighty about it....

I dont have the need or urge to race someone at the lights or anywhere at all on the open road.. whats the point? whats it prove? nothing.. people need to take responsibility for their actions and not blame someone else for them being caught.

the only place to race is on the track!
I agree, but then you get the cops waiting just down the road from the track to hassle people at any major event,A mate of mine got a red defect for a missing grommet on the firewall,In my opinion cops should not have 50 or 60 thousand dollar cars (that we are paying for) hyundais are good enough,the radio is faster than any car anyway.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM   #90
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogdoc
And you'd have 341RWKW for towing trailers of vegetables then?
Huh?

It's not for street racing, I know that!