Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Would you order a Country Pack with your XT/XR/G6/E/T
No, stupid idea. Falcons are for roads, 4WDs are for the country 23 16.31%
No, but I can see that it might be good for others 53 37.59%
Yes, if it was free 4 2.84%
Yes, if it was less than $1000 16 11.35%
Yes, if it was less than $2000 9 6.38%
Yes, if it was less than $4000 (price of luxury pack) 6 4.26%
Yes, if it was less than $6000 2 1.42%
It should be a separate model like RTV 24 17.02%
I would look for one in the government auctions 4 2.84%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #61
bigsta
Making superman jealous

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Country pack, a hypothetical

it was only a few years ago that ford stopped offering the country pack, you use to be able to get it 100% with the AU and the RTV continued until BF, it also came with lockable hubs (i think) and limited slip diff as well as a 2 tonne payload.

Great car.

Commodore also use to offer it but im not so sure they do anymore.

I think they probably figure ppl who want a wagon or ground clearance would go for a territory, they 100% should bring back the RTV.

2006 SY Territory Ghia AWD in ego with roof mount DVD, tints, 7 seats, iPod input

2005 Crewman Cross 8 with 350 cubic inches, AWD, black on black rims on black leather, tints and polished racks
NEW TOY Bayliner 185, inboard 3L 4 cylinder pushing us along at 50MPH whenever i get a chance

I love Aussie cars and are gonna really miss them soon.......
bigsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #62
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
You start playing with things like suspension and you have to spend money on extra testing and calibration. If you want a sedan that's built for country roads buy an XT with mud spats. Everyone I know in the west who still run sedans all use XT's and have no problems. 16 inch alloys and higher suspension!

Corolla sedans how many of those do they sell here? Lol!

XR8 requires no testing. Just a rebadge and a new price point. Cheaper then a country pack that they will sell none of! No ones going to buy a G6ET with 17's and EA ride height except for a hand full of geriatrics, the old rubber earth and ghia bonnet emblem brigade!
Any particular reason why you are contradicting yourself?

You can't have small rims with high suspension because it will need recalibration.
XTs have small rims and high suspension.

Well make up your mind.......

Oh and how many Corollas? Well last year there were 38,799.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #63
JimStone

Make it a 2" lift - I believe this would fix the entry issue where the steering wheel sits too low. If it does indeed fix the entry problem I'ld sign an order today.
JimStone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #64
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Any particular reason why you are contradicting yourself?

You can't have small rims with high suspension because it will need recalibration.
XTs have small rims and high suspension.

Well make up your mind.......
Contradicting myself? I'm saying buy the XT. Your saying make some silly pack with 17 inch rims, big **** suspension and bash plates similar to what you would fit to your GQ Patrol.

We already have a country pack.... People already buy them specifically for that purpose. You don't see Elders and Landmark running around in XR6's do you?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #65
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
Contradicting myself? I'm saying buy the XT. Your saying make some silly pack with 17 inch rims, big **** suspension and bash plates similar to what you would fit to your GQ Patrol.

We already have a country pack.... People already buy them specifically for that purpose. You don't see Elders and Landmark running around in XR6's do you?
So one second it can't be done.
Then it can be done and is already available.
Nobody wants sedans.
But they do want XR8s.
And of course it is not wanted as Territory rule that market.
No one buys Corollas in Australia.
Well apart from the 38,000 odd that made it the second largest selling model after the Mazda 3 and then of course there was the 30,532 commodores but that includes the utes and wagons so it would be closer to 20,000 sedans.

And your last point is an absolute beaut. Thank you for posting it.

You don't see Elders and Landmark running round in an XR6.
Wouldn't it be nice it they did buy XR6s or G6Es or whatever?
But of course they tend to travel about away from the city on crap roads where it is not suitable for 18" rims etc. Shame there is not a country pack to attract their attention.........
Old 28-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
So one second it can't be done.
Then it can be done and is already available.
Nobody wants sedans.
But they do want XR8s.
And of course it is not wanted as Territory rule that market.
No one buys Corollas in Australia.
Well apart from the 38,000 odd that made it the second largest selling model after the Mazda 3 and then of course there was the 30,532 commodores but that includes the utes and wagons so it would be closer to 20,000 sedans.

And your last point is an absolute beaut. Thank you for posting it.

You don't see Elders and Landmark running round in an XR6.
Wouldn't it be nice it they did buy XR6s or G6Es or whatever?
But of course they tend to travel about away from the city on crap roads where it is not suitable for 18" rims etc. Shame there is not a country pack to attract their attention.........
But you said Corrolla "Sedans", not Corolla sedans and hatches. There's a big difference. Corolla sedans are like **** cans to stock in Toyota land.

Elders and Landmark buy XT's, why would they want an XR6???

Yes it's already done, but one assumes the ride height of the XT isn't enough for what your suggesting which would require extra calibration.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 28-03-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #67
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come lads, we all know those who are smart and live outside the city limits,buy real off road rigs like patrols and cruisers
Noone with even an inkling of ruff roads,pothole ridden roads,requiring traction on more than the 2 rear wheels,isnt buying anything less
Whats the biggest selling cow cocky machine ever, the cruiser,what do there sons, their sons sons buy, cruisers,what does mum buy a Toyota,usually a 4x4
Its only the wannabees in their soccer mum cars that buy SUVs, there only good for the soft stuff, and most 99.9% of the time are on soft stuff
You want a decent powefull go anywhere machine thatll tow your big van off road handle the ruff stuff, the best we have on offer in this country is the V8 cruiser and patrol,you would even look at an SUV .....
SUV,
S Soccer mums
U Urban
V Vechicle
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #68
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i've stuck with the factory 17" on mine for the extra rubber, despite everyone saying i should put low profile mags on it.

a lot of people have pointed out not enough people want them, but should that matter if you are building cars to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
flappist add a bigger fuel tank, 100l ,heavy duty auto trans cooler, heavy duty radiator, not sure how you would have a larger radio antenna, its built into the glass.
Built into the glass is the problem. they suck big time. i haven't replaced it because, well, i'm lazy. The V8s used to come with an 80L tank, which might be better than the 68L used in the Sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Just worried about the standard Falcon suspension, how that would stand up to gravel roads every day. Perhaps there needs to be a heavy duty suspension included?
i drive mine on gravel every day. no problems with the standard falcon suspension (yes, i'm stupid running an xr8 on a dirt road, but it looks so dam hot, i wouldn't want to trade it for an XT)
Old 28-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #69
prydey
Rob

seems to me that when people are told to think of people outside of the capital cities, they immediately think of the birdsville track or something of a similar extreme!!

some people need to get out more.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #70
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

16" rims would be more suitable, coming in driveways and hitting potholes my Fairlane on 16" rims is so much better than my XR6 on 17s

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #71
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who would buy this country pack if it were introduced? The standard Falcon XT is more than capable of coping with SA & Vic country roads and there's no way country QLD'ers would give up their Patrols and Landcruisers. I don't see them being swayed. I can't see this kind of vehicle appealing to anybody except maybe a handful of geriatrics looking to trade their 90s Falcon GLi.
Old 28-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #72
prydey
Rob

If this thread was about how ford should release a bare bones performance model, it would have the majority drooling and saying they would buy one yesterday, even though it would be a very expensive project for Ford to undertake.

come up with a relatively simple and cheap idea to implement that might actually be popular in rural communities, as an option similar to luxury pack etc and the response is the opposite.

one thing to bear in mind though, is an enthusiast forum is about the furthest you could get from an accurate cross section of the real world. the percentage of members who actually buy new cars is incredibly low. things that are important to an enthusiast are probably fairly low on the list of the people that actually buy bread and butter cars.

not everyone wants to drive a 'truck' (landcruiser, patrol etc) where you have to pay for commercial rego, commercial tyres etc etc.

a country pack isn't something that i would be interested in, but if they could make it a relatively simple upgrade at minimal cost and without affecting the line flow too much then why not.

most of us (myself included) fail to look at the larger picture when ideas are put forward. if it doesn't suit our own situation then its no good.

i don't think anyone is promoting to make 'special' cars, or bring back extensive options lists etc. take for example the wheel options. there are 2 options, the standard size, or one size LARGER. they could add a size smaller as an option also(except XT).

also, to minimise the interuption to the ford production, you could have most of the options dealer fitted. this doesn't mean 'no warranty'. it means you option the car with 'country pack' and the dealer is delivered the base car and then adds bash plates etc underneath.

i think its a totally separate argument to bringing back a wagon, or xr8 etc.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #73
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Most people when they think 19" wheels think of rubber band tyres but it might interest some to know that there is not much difference in sidewall height between a BF XR6 17" and a 2013 Mazda 6 19". In fact a worn BF XR6 17" has less sidewall than the 19". Food for thought.

Obviously this isn't going to happen on FG or FU but if the car was engineered for taller tyres in 2016, choosing the same tyre as the Mazda 6 gets you almost the same sidewall as the 17" and also a 20mm ride height increase if the suspension geometry stays the same.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #74
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also think people forget a lot of these things like XR8, taxi pack and country pack were cancelled when Falcon was selling 60,000-80,000 a year.

It perhaps would have been hard to justify a couple thousand XR8s, a thousand country packs and a thousand taxis back when Ford was selling every Falcon it could build. But with sales around the 10,000 mark - maybe these niche products are absolutely vital for Falcon.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #75
T-Pak Addict
Jim

LOL reminds me when I first got my Xcab...

50mm extra height, Trans cooler fitted from factory, 93Ltr LPG tank.... All it needed was a LSD and a bash plate....

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #76
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

not everyone wants to drive a 'truck' (landcruiser, patrol etc) where you have to pay for commercial rego, commercial tyres etc etc.
Rego is hardly a difference between a 4x4 or a normal car as its on the cylinders not the mass size , tyres aren't much difference in price either, hardly a point to argue
My patrol costs close enuf to the AU ute a year in rego,actually if the AU was an 8,it would be dearer, and I got 4 new boots fitted on the patrol under a grand
"Trucks", you know they have 4 link suspension,4 wheel discs ,and just as many safety features the average car has even in trucks as you call them ...
My 97 patrol came factory with 4 wheel disc, how many factory heavyish cars have 4 wheel discs ???,not every brand new 4x4 has rear disc
If your talking bare bones full on commercial vehicles most 4x4s have better brakes, better load rating,than most other commercials, hardly a moot point
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #77
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Ace idea, I was interested in a RTV back when I bought my BA SE ute, price was too high vs a standard XL with a SE pack.
I would have ticked the box for a country pack on my FG XR6 LE. I have even thought of putting steelies on mine. I do approx 50K a year and at least 3/4 is counrty.
Have you ever seen a raised XR6 ute, I have & it looked ridicolous.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #78
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old mate Flappy lives at Hervey Bay, good roads their !

I have seen FG Falcon XR6 cop cars out in the country with 16in alloy wheels, me thinks they learnt 17 plus are just for idiots out their on the roads they have to drive.
And not all want to drive a boring 4X4 gutless ill handling heavy piece of junk.

I may look at the new Range Rover but for the price.

The bigger the wheel the weaker it is, not just the tyre profile and the wheel ends up like a egg.

A mate is always raving on about his Isuzu D max 3.0L how good it is and i went about 100 KM with him in the thing and could not Wait to get out of the gutless ill handling uncomfortable etc etc i hated it and would not fork out the $ for junk like that. he is just a clown !
I can't see how my self as a driving enthusiast could enjoy such a car at all.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #79
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC View Post
Rego is hardly a difference between a 4x4 or a normal car as its on the cylinders not the mass size , tyres aren't much difference in price either, hardly a point to argue
My patrol costs close enuf to the AU ute a year in rego,actually if the AU was an 8,it would be dearer, and I got 4 new boots fitted on the patrol under a grand
"Trucks", you know they have 4 link suspension,4 wheel discs ,and just as many safety features the average car has even in trucks as you call them ...
My 97 patrol came factory with 4 wheel disc, how many factory heavyish cars have 4 wheel discs ???,not every brand new 4x4 has rear disc
If your talking bare bones full on commercial vehicles most 4x4s have better brakes, better load rating,than most other commercials, hardly a moot point
in NSW you go by the tare weight for rego, engine displacement means nothing.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
If this thread was about how ford should release a bare bones performance model, it would have the majority drooling and saying they would buy one yesterday, even though it would be a very expensive project for Ford to undertake.

come up with a relatively simple and cheap idea to implement that might actually be popular in rural communities, as an option similar to luxury pack etc and the response is the opposite.

one thing to bear in mind though, is an enthusiast forum is about the furthest you could get from an accurate cross section of the real world. the percentage of members who actually buy new cars is incredibly low. things that are important to an enthusiast are probably fairly low on the list of the people that actually buy bread and butter cars.

a country pack isn't something that i would be interested in, but if they could make it a relatively simple upgrade at minimal cost and without affecting the line flow too much then why not.

most of us (myself included) fail to look at the larger picture when ideas are put forward. if it doesn't suit our own situation then its no good.

i don't think anyone is promoting to make 'special' cars, or bring back extensive options lists etc. take for example the wheel options. there are 2 options, the standard size, or one size LARGER. they could add a size smaller as an option also(except XT).

also, to minimise the interuption to the ford production, you could have most of the options dealer fitted. this doesn't mean 'no warranty'. it means you option the car with 'country pack' and the dealer is delivered the base car and then adds bash plates etc underneath.

i think its a totally separate argument to bringing back a wagon, or xr8 etc.
It doesn't change the fact that Ford deleted all these options years ago because no one bought them, well not enough to justify keeping them going anyway, so what's different now?

If it wasn't viable when Falcon was selling double or triple what it is now, how do you think it will be viable at the tiny numbers it sells now, especially when every tom, dick and harry wants an SUV or dual cab that will travel these rougher roads with ease.

Ford do not want to spend a cent on anything bar core business at the moment.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #81
T-Pak Addict
Jim

You could always build your own country pack if needed anyway....

Just order the car with LSD, aftermarket raised springs, bash plates etc etc....

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #82
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how do I tell if my AU trayback has aftermarket raised springs??? the suspension on mine is great and handles loads beautifully and is brilliant on rough roads. obviously not something i'd go four wheel driving with but I think mine is great!! doesn't bottom out on everything like my AU sedan used to do before I changed springs. when sitting in the ute. it seems too sit higher then my sedan. the sedan is a more comfortable ride but the ute is bloody brilliant as well.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #83
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Pak Addict View Post
You could always build your own country pack if needed anyway....

Just order the car with LSD, aftermarket raised springs, bash plates etc etc....
Yeh but you could also build your own GT if you wanted one.
Buy an ex taxi, strip out the egas I6, stick in a V8, whack on some stripes and there you go......

On the other hand for people who buy NEW vehicles and do not have any interest in modifying them in any major way, that is about 99% of the actual buyers the availability of a vehicle that suits their needs and comes with a full factory warranty might just sway them towards a new Falcon.

I am fairly confident I have owned more new Fords, especially Falcons than the majority of the members of AFF and I have, on a couple of occasions, bought something different because Ford did not make what I wanted. The most recent case is in 2008 I was replacing my second F6 and I wanted the FG version of a Force 6. I was not interested in the G6ET because it did not have brembos nor LSD nor interested in the GT-E because it was so much slower than the F6 nor the FG F6 because of the ugly panda eyes and race car bodykit so I bought another marque. FPV told me they were not going to make the car that was released 12 months later as the F6E so they missed a sale.

I also did not buy a FPV this time because I needed a ute and they dropped the SP and I could see no advantage in the GS over a XRT, certainly not $10k anyway. I test drove the SSV ute and although it handled better it was slower had 19" wheels which I did not want and I did not like the interior. My ute has leather but not the luxury pack. If I had been forced to buy 19" wheels to get the leather I may have bought something else.

The vast majority of new buyers buy a car they want not just what is in the yard and in the right price range that can be modded to suit.

Unfortunately in these threads many just look at what they think they would buy even though they don't and do not look at the needs of others and more importantly the big picture which is the continuation of the vehicles that the majority of this forum is about.

Add to that a couple of "they don't make what I want to buy second hand in 5 years so it is not fair that they make something someone else might want to buy" and of course the resident "I am always against everything just so I can argue" trolls.

As I have stated above. This hypothetical was based on conversations I have had with people who actually sell new Ford vehicles in regional areas and the feedback they got from clients.

At this time less than 15% of those who voted are against it which actually makes it one of the most popular polls ever.
33% reckon it it would not suit them personally but believe that it would suit others.
20% like the idea but would prefer it were a separate model.
29% would buy one new depending on price and 4% would buy one from government auctions.

I hope Ford read this and if they have not already done recent research do so as if it only increases Falcon sales by a couple of percent it is a step in the right direction.
Old 29-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #84
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Using your old chestnut argument Flappist, how many of the people that have voted in the poll have bought a new Falcon in recent times and would pay for the country pack?

Last edited by naddis01; 29-03-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 29-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #85
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Using your old chectnut argument Flappist, how many of the people that have voted in the poll have bought a new Falcon in recent times and would pay for the country pack?
Bought a FGII ute, would have paid up to 3 grand more for an RTV or 1,000 extra for country pack. I delayed my purchase by a couple of months when someone on here said there was a new Falcon ute variant and I was hoping for a RTV.

The problem is no one takes the Falcon ute seriously as a work ute anymore, it looks like a toy so close to the ground.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #86
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Using your old chectnut argument Flappist, how many of the people that have voted in the poll have bought a new Falcon in recent times and would pay for the country pack?
I don't know, why don't you ask them.
I sure hope it is a lot more than your precious LPG........
Old 29-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #87
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
I don't know, why don't you ask them.
I sure hope it is a lot more than your precious LPG........
Don't need to ask. Looking through the usernames has the answer.

What LPG?
Old 29-03-2013, 12:39 AM   #88
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Yeh but you could also build your own GT if you wanted one.
Buy an ex taxi, strip out the egas I6, stick in a V8, whack on some stripes and there you go......

On the other hand for people who buy NEW vehicles and do not have any interest in modifying them in any major way, that is about 99% of the actual buyers the availability of a vehicle that suits their needs and comes with a full factory warranty might just sway them towards a new Falcon.

I am fairly confident I have owned more new Fords, especially Falcons than the majority of the members of AFF and I have, on a couple of occasions, bought something different because Ford did not make what I wanted. The most recent case is in 2008 I was replacing my second F6 and I wanted the FG version of a Force 6. I was not interested in the G6ET because it did not have brembos nor LSD nor interested in the GT-E because it was so much slower than the F6 nor the FG F6 because of the ugly panda eyes and race car bodykit so I bought another marque. FPV told me they were not going to make the car that was released 12 months later as the F6E so they missed a sale.

I also did not buy a FPV this time because I needed a ute and they dropped the SP and I could see no advantage in the GS over a XRT, certainly not $10k anyway. I test drove the SSV ute and although it handled better it was slower had 19" wheels which I did not want and I did not like the interior. My ute has leather but not the luxury pack. If I had been forced to buy 19" wheels to get the leather I may have bought something else.

The vast majority of new buyers buy a car they want not just what is in the yard and in the right price range that can be modded to suit.

Unfortunately in these threads many just look at what they think they would buy even though they don't and do not look at the needs of others and more importantly the big picture which is the continuation of the vehicles that the majority of this forum is about.

Add to that a couple of "they don't make what I want to buy second hand in 5 years so it is not fair that they make something someone else might want to buy" and of course the resident "I am always against everything just so I can argue" trolls.

As I have stated above. This hypothetical was based on conversations I have had with people who actually sell new Ford vehicles in regional areas and the feedback they got from clients.

At this time less than 15% of those who voted are against it which actually makes it one of the most popular polls ever.
33% reckon it it would not suit them personally but believe that it would suit others.
20% like the idea but would prefer it were a separate model.
29% would buy one new depending on price and 4% would buy one from government auctions.

I hope Ford read this and if they have not already done recent research do so as if it only increases Falcon sales by a couple of percent it is a step in the right direction.
The problem Ford will have with your poll is that no where does it confirm any of the people who voted would actually fork out their hard earned for 1.
Which, ironically, I could almost quote you on from numerous other threads about things ford should offer.

Why is it that when ever anyone disagrees with you that you automatically begin to catagorize them so as to detract from their point.
You asked a question and have been given many different angles.
None of them are wrong as they are only personal opinion, which was asked for.
Nor do I see anyone trying to ruin the thread or evidence of trolling.
I believe this is the way you view anyone who's view opposes yours

Personally for me, I don't believe Ford would want to make a factory option for things that they can flog for a greater margin as a dealer fitted addition.

Im not saying im right, but after spending many years working in dealerships I know that after sales accessories go a long way to keeping them viable.
And yes, Genuine accessories are backed by full factory warranties so having subtle mods done prior to delivery is not detracting from its authenticity.

Furthermore, To say no one buys vehicles to mod is laughable, there is a vast selection of suspension and accessory upgrades available from Pedders and numerous other aftermarket accessories outlets for those heading out of the city etc.

Its just not necessary as a factory option, that's all.

Last edited by BENT_8; 29-03-2013 at 12:47 AM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #89
fanboi
Banned

Meh i live rurally and my fg2 turbo is fine and never had an issue with any falcons at all, the fiesta struggles with the **** roads and destroys rims but the fg 19s are fine.

The only time i cant use the turbo is when its flooded.

And how big does your air supply need to be to run a falcon submerged for 5 minutes?
fanboi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #90
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
The problem Ford will have with your poll is that no where does it confirm any of the people who voted would actually fork out their hard earned for 1.
Which, ironically, I could almost quote you on from numerous other threads about things ford should offer.

Why is it that when ever anyone disagrees with you that you automatically begin to catagorize them so as to detract from their point.
You asked a question and have been given many different angles.
None of them are wrong as they are only personal opinion, which was asked for.
Nor do I see anyone trying to ruin the thread or evidence of trolling.
I believe this is the way you view anyone who's view opposes yours

Personally for me, I don't believe Ford would want to make a factory option for things that they can flog for a greater margin as a dealer fitted addition.

Im not saying im right, but after spending many years working in dealerships I know that after sales accessories go a long way to keeping them viable.
And yes, Genuine accessories are backed by full factory warranties so having subtle mods done prior to delivery is not detracting from its authenticity.

Furthermore, To say no one buys vehicles to mod is laughable, there is a vast selection of suspension and accessory upgrades available from Pedders and numerous other aftermarket accessories outlets for those heading out of the city etc.

Its just not necessary as a factory option, that's all.
How about you actually read what I have written instead of just taking an opposite position for the sake of argument as usual.