Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #901
dirtyclevo

Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.zissou View Post
so in the last couple of days we have:

1)ex Malaysian PM mahathir says CIA knows whats going on with flight 370 (i know he is old but still its good to know its not just me and my propeller hat wearing friends thinking this way
2) they finally release the data from Inmarsat to show how they located the search area (hmmm why release now )
3) Now they come out and say, "well, those ping's weren't from the black box - we'll need to get back to you".

Actually i deal with a number of private investigators - and the best ones would have trouble writing a birthday invitation, but man can they dig up info.

I also had a class mate in Uni that was a bit of a genius in economics. he used to do some of his assignments in crayon, would mis-spell every second word, invent his own syntax because he thought it was "better" and other things along those lines.
Most lecturers loved him but one always got hung up on these issues and tried to fail him because of it - i think some one said something to the effect of " WTF does it matter "

The lecturer is now not teaching at all and the student is now doing quite well and some times writes his reports in crayon on the walls of his office with spelling mistakes and no syntax

I know its just speculation, but they didnt release the data until now, because the CIA had to recover from the jet that they wanted.

Its just crazy to think that a plane that size just disappears, the pilot had trained in simulator to land at the deigo garcia base. how many other pilots trained themself's for that. it just adds together.

Its pretty clear that meet foul play, and a country was just stalling the search and deterring the area of search. I know the USA know something. but they won't release that information, the snakes.

why have all the reports from the people in the maldives been ignored. why has the cell phone msg from that guy phillip wood been ignored and debunked as being a hoax. there saying someone made that msg with fake coordinates from there iphone. Was a hoax? or was it real and the CIA just said it to save there own asses. its the CIA, they hack things all the time, just look what edward snowden is saying. he knows its possible to do anything, its all data theres a way to edit anything.

If it turns out that they did hijack the plane and the US have got it. they are going to be in alot of ****. the world is going to look at them with total distrust (not that anyone trusts them now, hahaha ).

Last edited by dirtyclevo; 29-05-2014 at 03:25 PM.
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #902
zilo
BANNED

I still reckon it was shot down north of Malaysia and nowhere near WA.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #903
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
That's the question isn't it! Who knows because William Meacham has opened his mouth about these animal trackers and acoustic pingers on fishing nets basing his conclusion on only half the facts. The frequency whilst blatantly ignoring the pulse rate/signature. If animal trackers and acoustic pingers on nets don't use one ping per second intervals then it was definitely not the pingers/trackers that he claims. It's very bizarre that he hasn't clarified the pulse rate as well as the frequency before making such a claim. It's completely incompetent of him to address the pulse rate as well in his article if he wants any credibility to his opinion.

"For several decades, pingers with frequencies of 30 to 50kHz have been commonly used to track large, deep ocean animals."

But what about the pulse rate?? Herp derp Willam Meacham..

Bloody anything can put out 30 to 50khz, but the reason they are so adamant it's the black box is because ocean shield detected the second ping for 2hrs and 20min WITH the one second pulse rate with no inconsistencies for that entire 2hrs20min... the frequency detected was actually 33.5khz, a black box is 37.5khz but the pulse rate along with the signature of the pulse rate is why they're so adamant it is indeed the planes black box. The 33.5khz frequency discrepancy doesn't seem to be bothering the actual professionals, the pulse rate/signature means more to them. The frequency's don't really mean anything but is the only ground William Meacham seems to be using to credit his theory. Many environmental factors can cause a black box to emit 33.5khz instead of the expected 37.5khz frequency. They engineer black boxes on different pulse rates/frequencies to avoid precisely these problems of mistaking them for animal trackers, pingers, cordless phones etc
So I guess old herp derp bill was right after all aye....
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #904
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
So I guess old herp derp bill was right after all aye....
Not at all.. if "bill" bothered to research the topic more indepth he would've seen the pings were actually from the search equipment itself and claiming they could possibly be from animal trackers is both ignorant and stupid as the pulse rates don't carry the same interval and signature. Claiming they could be animal trackers merely because the frequency alone can fall within a 30-50mhz range is ridiculous. We already know it wasn't not possible from the second he claimed it. Just another fool wanting his moment in the spotlight. Like I said he neglected to address the issues with the pulse rate and signatures that both made his theory impossible.

Nice try though..

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 29-05-2014 at 11:13 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #905
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I still reckon it was shot down north of Malaysia and nowhere near WA.
You're right of course. WA wouldn't have the firepower
Old 29-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #906
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR View Post
Not at all.. if "bill" bothered to research the topic more indepth he would've seen the pings were actually from the search equipment itself and claiming they could possibly be from animal trackers is both ignorant and stupid as the pulse rates don't carry the same interval and signature. Claiming they could be animal trackers merely because the frequency alone can fall within a 30-50mhz range is ridiculous. We already know it wasn't not possible from the second he claimed it. Just another fool wanting his moment in the spotlight. Like I said he neglected to address the issues with the pulse rate and signatures that both made his theory impossible.

Nice try though..
He was right about it not being mh370... And that's what every one disputed... Doesn't matter a single bit what they came from other than the fact they weren't from a black box.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #907
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would not be "surprised" to ultimately learn that either China or USA/Britain (Diego Garcia) has (/had) the plane, BUT the question would be "WHY?" There are many better ways to take people/ equipment/ technology.

I'm also not sure how all this points to the "incompetence of the Malaysian Government"?
The plane HAS disappeared. I'm not sure many governments are equipt to deal with that. The best (public) efforts of Australia, USA, China, etc have failed to find it, so it's clearly NOT an easy task.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #908
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crazy pilot with broken plane landed it on water without breaking up

plane sank with big air bubbles and screaming dudes inside

plane flys underwater n stuff until food and screams and stuff runs out

plane and skeletons washed up on beach in 90 years time

or aliens
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #909
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

*Xfiles music*
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #910
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
He was right about it not being mh370... And that's what every one disputed... Doesn't matter a single bit what they came from other than the fact they weren't from a black box.
Where did I ever say I thought the pings were the black boxes?? Quite the opposite but suggesting they could be animal trackers is plain stupid..

So are they now saying it's not in that specific search area or isn't in the southern corridor of WA at all? Funny how the satellite information comes out only a day before the underwater search concludes the plane isn't there, ie the satellite information is now redundant.
Old 30-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #911
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #912
cram_it_frog
wombat

well 1st of June and still nothing

so is this going to top the moon landing theory of they did it all on a sound stage ?

we shall sit back and see
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #913
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It probably tracked north, crashed into the side of a densely forested mountain and won't be found for 50 years or so.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #914
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

CIA or Aliens can't see the difference?
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM   #915
cram_it_frog
wombat

CIA or Aliens

I new I would be brought into this lol

My real first name is" Allein" a galic name not many of us with that name

But people just call me alan
Old 03-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #916
cram_it_frog
wombat

Amelia Mary Earhart (/ˈɛərhɑrt/; July 24, 1897 – disappeared July 2, 1937) was an American aviation pioneer and author.

Still to this day they still have not found her
Old 03-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #917
motomk

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.zissou View Post
ETOPS flights is a good point, but if you look at the flight paths they only really fly east west in the vicinity of Diego Garcia - nothing North/South which is what 370 was doing. This is a pretty good example of flight paths

I think the radar operator in AUS or garcia would probably tell some one if he saw an unannounced plane flying towards garcia (or even near garcia) even out of curiosity "wheres that guy going to land?" sort of thing.
There would probably be more North-South aircraft in that area than East- West. There are however not many published North South Air routes in that area because most of them are flying on preferred routes. ie they won't come up on that map. It would be about 28 a day but averages about 25, I would say. East West near Diego would be 4 to 8.
Not a lot of the North-South ones use Diego as an alternate for ETOPS, in fact I don't recall seeing any of them having it. I think a few of the East-West ones might.
No civil radars out there, datalink or HF radio is used. Diego Garcia, yes I reckon they have a radar for their operations.

April was very busy at work, looking after about 10 search planes a day, all different nationalities, but it all worked out ok. RAAF used a couple of Wedgetails to look after everybody when they were in the search areas which was a brilliant idea. Only really dealt with the Search aircraft on their transits in and out.

Picture has probably been posted elsewhere, but it can go up again.

motomk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #918
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took them over 60 years to find HMAS Sydney, partly because they were looking in the wrong 'slab' of the Indian ocean. They were told of the approximate location by the Germans but discounted it as either propaganda or a trap. Wonder what the conspiracy theorists said about that. And Im taking into consideration that they probably didnt exist until after the moon landings.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #919
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226941681483

“Since that’s not something you see every day, I questioned my mind. I was looking at what appeared to be an elongate plane glowing bright orange, with a trail of black smoke behind it. It did occur to me that it might be a meteorite. But I thought it was more likely that I was going insane.”

So on that basis, she ignored her observation for several months......damn!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #920
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wish she would have given her estimation of the objects distance.

'' billowing black smoke across the night sky ''
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #921
MAD
Petro-sexual

What is the significance of it being elongated? Why do they mention that a couple of times.

*tinfoil* CIA have had enough time to paint a decoy and sink it in that location while everyone has been looking in the wrong place. So now is the time to "release" new information via these "sailors".
Old 03-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #922
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...witcher=mobile

Apparently we're about to spend REAL money in the search efforts to find this plane. I only wonder how many billions are left in health/education and pensions to fund reserve banks, the baby boomer resurgence, B grade fighter jets, tax exemptions/rebates to apple/miners and the incompetence of another nations disaster where it even seems to be withholding critical information, **** them there's 2 tonnes of cargo they won't reveal the contents of, the release satellite data was delayed for no good reason and they've still failed to release the satellite data on the other flights also communicating with the satellite at the same time as mh370... as was also always requested. Which is an essential part of the equation insmarsat used to establish the ground their doppler theory. Without the other flight paths we have no benchmark whatsoever for the "doppler" movement path they claim the satellite followed as mh370 was hand shaking with it. Which is what they used to conclude it ended up off WA. Because they've only released the satellite information of only one flight at the time (mh370) it's impossible for the public or any private contractors to conclude a reliable doppler path to further conclude where the plane may lie. No point them bothering without the rest of the data... the only way they can assume the satellites differentiation/position at the time is through the 'handshakes" (which are essentially pings between mh370 and the satellite), and by doing that they merely measure the duration/time it takes for the ping from the satellite to reach the plane and vice versa. So to assume the doppler path of the satellite information (aka the mere latency time between plane/satellite) from only one mere flight path is beyond a joke and I hope everyone can understand why. Inmarsat had the satellite information of like 100 other planes doing the same thing with the satellite at the same time mh370 was. From all over the place, completely different orientations if you can comprehend what that means then you'll see it means the satellite recorded the latency times between handshakes of a lot of planes at the time, and the latency/distance between all of them from all angles it what it used to correlate the "reliable doppler" path that brought them to the Southern Indian Ocean of Perth.

The maths was sketchy enough even when inmarsat had the satellite information of multiple planes.. it would've been more accurate with 100 and even more so with 1000 known flight paths at the time. Remember it's all to determine the position of the satellite which is rough evidence with only the latency times of multiple flights...even more vague when they only release the information/latency times of one flight to the public (mh370). Impossible.

The public needs the ping information from all the flights sharing the satellite at the time to properly assume the most reliable doppler path the satellite took at the time. Just as inmarsat did. Then they can use that information along with the ping information of the other flights again to assume the final resting place of mh370. Will never happen probably due to privacy laws.

Their maths was always sketchy as the more planes you add into the equation the more environmental variables can come into play. A 3 second ping interval doesn't mean it's 300km away and a 5 second interval doesn't mean 500km and so on, it's not linear, clouds birds and other crap can distort/weaken the signal and change everything. And a ping signals strength is one varaible they would've defiintely considered in the equation, as it's assumed the weaker it gets, the further away it is, that's how they calculated the doppler movement as well... well kind've (it's the differentiation between a signal as it comes and goes.. which a weak/distorted signal can clearly manipulate initially). But it's still arguably credible math.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 03-06-2014 at 09:44 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #923
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good interview of Tim Clark, President of Emirates. Worth a listen.

http://aviationweek.com/commercial-a...n-deficiencies
Old 07-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #924
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
crazy pilot with broken plane landed it on water without breaking up

plane sank with big air bubbles and screaming dudes inside

plane flys underwater n stuff until food and screams and stuff runs out

plane and skeletons washed up on beach in 90 years time

or aliens
What a weird thing to say.
Nice.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #925
cram_it_frog
wombat

well according to the news today is the 100 th day since the crash and still no aircraft to be seen

Now I said this before but this is going to be listed next the
Amelia Mary Earhart mystery

I really do feel for the family's the unknown fact of it all and every time the phone rings is this the airlines saying they have found the aircraft.

I would not like to too loose a loved one this way.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #926
TRAU BLAU

The wife of a passenger on the lost plane has formed a group offering a reward for the real truth of what has happened to it.She optimistically believes that he is still alive.The power of love!
TRAU BLAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #927
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
The wife of a passenger on the lost plane has formed a group offering a reward for the real truth of what has happened to it.She optimistically believes that he is still alive.The power of love!

5 Million USD... That'll get a corrupt Malaysian Official to speak!

One thing I know for sure... The Malaysian Government were completely inept or compliant in handling this missing plane within the first 6 hours. Military and ATC didn't talk to each other properly, Military had the Plane...A PLANE on radar for 40 minutes that didn't have a transponder broadcast... Malaysian Defence Minister's argument "We weren't at war" ..." we weren't going to shoot them down like the American's would of" holds no water WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN SEND A FRICKEN JET UP TO VISUALLY ID IT!!... /rant off.... The truth will come out eventually.
Old 17-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #928
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
...snip... The truth will come out eventually...snip...
I wonder how many people who have contributed to this thread will believe the "truth" when it comes out?

And what about the general public? Or family members of those on board that fateful flight?

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #929
cram_it_frog
wombat

psychobimbo the truth in the end will more than likely be some thing very simple but as I said before we will be waiting a very very long time before that happens
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #930
Stranger Ranger
"ADVENTURE BOUND"

It never got anywhere near the Southern Ocean. It's in the South China Sea where it disappeared off the radar when it was shot down by surface to air missile. Authorities need to look into the North Korean vessel that was in the area at the time of disappearance.
Stranger Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post