Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #10231
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

No, don't like the stickers..
Black Beauty gets my vote!

GO THE FORDS the great race is not far away now

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #10232
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Black one looks good in one shot ONLY.
Just fwiw we have been looking at Lancer GSR, Mazda 3, Focus & Mondeo for a family car.
They are all ok cars.
We have chosen to buy a Lancer GSR 2.4 auto. 18inch rims. Good trans.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #10233
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaterj View Post
Love the double standards, sorry 888 we can't sponsor your team anymore cause your cars ain't blue,
For the love of god, peel those stupid stickers off !
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #10234
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw it today, gotta say VG didnt do it for me and thats the colour I liked before today. Secondly the stickers looked waaaayyyyyy bad. Looks like its back to black or white for me.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #10235
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reckon white will look real good
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #10236
Tokyo Geoff
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mmm I had a look at the FGX at Bathurst yesterday and gotta say I'm not a fan :(
What I liked in the flesh?
1. Front bar, I love the Aston inspired Ford front ends
2. The side gills
3. The black interior
4. The seats

What I didn't like.
1. The colour but thats easily fixed with a black one
2. The BUM OMG I hate it even more in the flesh. I love the FG bum but not this one.
3. The lack of update on the inside other than head liner and seats. Why can't we have a proper keyless ignition FFS?
4. The bonnet bulge. It's too plain. I love the in your face bulge on the FG V8s
5. The front and rear, like them or not, it just seems odd for such a change with the same turret imo.

Ford has probably done a great job considering the budget but I spoke to one bloke also having a good gawk and dressed out in Ford gear. He just bought a VF as the FGX simply isn't enough of a step forward despite the awesome engine.

I was amazed at how little attention it got sitting in front of the FPR sales tent :( whereas the Walkinshaw blower kit for $24k seemed to get much more.

As an owner of an FG I just can't see the value of about $33k changeover so I'll now wait to see the Mustang and go for a convertible.

C'mon FORD we want a FPR 1-2 tomorrow!

Geoff

1974 XB Sedan, 1974 XB Hardtop, 1991 EA Ghia (New to 430,000km), 2004 BA Fairmont, 2009 FG XR8, 2014 FGX G6ET, 2016 FGX Sprint XR6 and now...
Tokyo Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #10237
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Big day tomorrow.. Not to many Ford falcon vs Holden commodore battles left I'm thinkin they will phase them out in or around 2020 in V8 S/C's..hope we get at least get that I want my young fella to watch a couple of Bathursts with me why I still care.. Go the mighty blue oval tomorrow!! One things for sure all of us on this forum follow the right badge!!
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #10238
radler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
I remeber when the FGmk2 fisrt came out. I had a closed mind and thought no way will I ever buy one...that was first impression of looking at photos on the web

But as I got to see a few driving around I was taken and to the point where I traded my Fg2009 xr8 for the xr6 n.a

I appreciate some people find that difficult to understand but after 2 years with the Fg mk2 XR6 I am only more convinced that the xr6 is a better every day ride and pretty versatile at that. The combination of good mid range power and overall driving balance, in my sense of things is much better than the xr8.

So seeing all these new photos of the fgx I am starting to warm to the fgx.

But I am wary on the xr8 especially given the new mustang is just around the corner.

My dilemna is do I want to keep changing over to stay in warranty and have the 'latest' model...or do I stick it out with what seems to be shaping up as a pretty tidy investment in the n/a xr6 2012.

i am saying this in context of a daily drive with weekend get aways...I not saying in context of regular track days or quarter mile time trials etc...

For me, the new VF is an awkward looking car, the b pillar still seems to be a problem, and for the sake of a few flashy internals I am not convinced on a vf by any means.

I was at a stage of saying, oh how slack is ford to not do a good revision on internals, but then got to thinking, its not that important.

The idea of owning an FGx as the 'last' falcon, for me is growing.

I am also looking at a manual because I am put off by potential risk with zf cooing problem out of warranty etc...I dont like a lotto...

But outside of that, I have toalso say, that a new manual fg mk2 on a run out deal price is also tempting....that might sound crazy too, but the prices are low and the fgmk2 is in an overall sense a very good car.....

Any way, go ford, on the mountain....last year was an awesome finish..

and go the FGX in sales against the VF......

Dont know about 'trophy gold though, I am thinkink more along the lines of emporer....but will wait to see the car in the flesh....

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #10239
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Don't worry so much about the ZF the kits to fix that aren't super expensive and at least you know it's done. Excellent transmission though deep down I'm a manual man. I didn't like FG2 either still don't in black (outside of G6ET needs chrome to break it up) its actually a more agro looking vehicle and now to me looks good.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #10240
Danny
GT4.

So now that the FGX specs are out, maybe I am missing something, but what new tech did it actually have?

The Commodore VF was released with these new features:
New front
New rear
New interior (and a bloody good one for an Aussie car at that, touches like the climate temp setting readout within the knob)
MyLink (Sync equiv.)
Blind spot assist
Lane departure warning
Proximity key
Keyless stop start button
Park assist
Head up display
Rear/forward traffic alert
Remote start
Adaptive cruise control
Paddle shift
Electronic Power steering.
Electronic Park brake

Falcon has
New front
New rear
Sync
Rain sensing wipers

That's it.

Call me a cynic, but good looks (because it really looks very nice from some angles) and a V8 engine just don't cut it for me. With an 8 year old interior and absolutely no redeeming or significant new features other than the XR8's that have been built with FPV leftovers, the FGX is what it is: A poor neglected child of a parent company who wants it dead as soon as possible. It is so far behind any other car of it's ilk on the market that it is embarrassing. Hyundais and Kias are better equipped.

FGX is not ultimate.

It's not a triumphant last hurrah.

I really struggle to understand what is so great about this. I bled blue for years. I know this sounds horrible to some die hards, but I couldn't in good conscience ever consider a car like this in this day and age. The FGX spec list looks like something from the 90's.

I rage inside that a car I loved for so long as a kid has become so bloody irrelevant, a mere husk of anything that ever came before it. The Commodore smashes it to bits, demoralises it. Falcon's dead to me, and they haven't even sold the first FGX.

I honestly expected they would have SOMETHING new inside. But nothing.. I understand why, but then why bother? No one will buy this car. The XR8's will go to the die hards and those who think with their hearts (and all the power to them) but to anyone else, this car is irrelevant, and will not sell.

This is probably the last time I'll ever comment on a new Falcon, it's my opinion warts and all, and It's just so sad that it has come to this.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #10241
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So now that the FGX specs are out, maybe I am missing something, but what new tech did it actually have?

The Commodore VF was released with these new features:
New front
New rear
New interior (and a bloody good one for an Aussie car at that, touches like the climate temp setting readout within the knob)
MyLink (Sync equiv.)
Blind spot assist
Lane departure warning
Proximity key
Keyless stop start button
Park assist
Head up display
Rear/forward traffic alert
Remote start
Adaptive cruise control
Paddle shift
Electronic Power steering.
Electronic Park brake

Falcon has
New front
New rear
Sync
Rain sensing wipers

That's it.

Call me a cynic, but good looks (because it really looks very nice from some angles) and a V8 engine just don't cut it for me. With an 8 year old interior and absolutely no redeeming or significant new features other than the XR8's that have been built with FPV leftovers, the FGX is what it is: A poor neglected child of a parent company who wants it dead as soon as possible. It is so far behind any other car of it's ilk on the market that it is embarrassing. Hyundais and Kias are better equipped.

FGX is not ultimate.

It's not a triumphant last hurrah.

I really struggle to understand what is so great about this. I bled blue for years. I know this sounds horrible to some die hards, but I couldn't in good conscience ever consider a car like this in this day and age. The FGX spec list looks like something from the 90's.

I rage inside that a car I loved for so long as a kid has become so bloody irrelevant, a mere husk of anything that ever came before it. The Commodore smashes it to bits, demoralises it. Falcon's dead to me, and they haven't even sold the first FGX.

I honestly expected they would have SOMETHING new inside. But nothing.. I understand why, but then why bother? No one will buy this car. The XR8's will go to the die hards and those who think with their hearts (and all the power to them) but to anyone else, this car is irrelevant, and will not sell.

This is probably the last time I'll ever comment on a new Falcon, it's my opinion warts and all, and It's just so sad that it has come to this.
Sorry, disagre.
Everyone sees things differently.

To me, the FGX XR8 is a drivers car, not a showman gadget car.

What it may lack in gimmicks it makes up for in suspension, brakes, rubber and horsepower.

If illuminated climate temp readouts and adaptive everything do it for you, great.
For enthusiasts and purists the bang for back and bargain of the XR8 can't be beat.

The XR8 is the drivers car, and for that it's deserving of my cash...

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #10242
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon View Post
Sorry, disagre.

What it may lack in gimmicks it makes up for in suspension, brakes, rubber and horsepower.

If illuminated climate temp readouts and adaptive everything do it for you, great.
For enthusiasts and purists the bang for back and bargain of the XR8 can't be beat.

Make sure you throw the pics up Ben....
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #10243
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon FB

Not a great photo but looks good in 'Smoke'

Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #10244
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You forgot SYNC 2 but Ford has enough parts in its world parts bin to have made the FGX great!! eg : folding mirrors on G6E, radar cruise control, HUD, electric tailgate on Tezza etc etc.....
Old 11-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #10245
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where's the vid of Dick fanging the gold stickers thing around the corner ?
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #10246
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Sorry, disagree.

And in years to come, those VF gadgets will become irrelevant as they themselves will become well outdated. And they will be such a PITA to keep working. Best not to have them at all.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #10247
radler

I have to say the rspec bits and pieces on the fgx xr8 sound pretty good, and the price by comparison to a GT;s is value

But I dont feel enticed in any way, at this stage, by the xr8.

Ross : n/a fgx xr6 - manual
radler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #10248
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
And in years to come, those VF gadgets will become irrelevant as they themselves will become well outdated. And they will be such a PITA to keep working. Best not to have them at all.
The VF electronics are already becoming a PITA as a family friends novated leased 2014 SV6 has had his car making calls of his phone to his contacts and he is adamant nothing has been touched by him. The car has been already back once before to the dealer to investigate warning lights appearing for no reason. I've noticed more drivers lately are not staying in their lanes and are drifting half in and out into other lanes could it be to many gadgets for them to play with instead of concentrating driving a car.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #10249
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman View Post
I've noticed more drivers lately are not staying in their lanes and are drifting half in and out into other lanes could it be to many gadgets for them to play with instead of concentrating driving a car.
Maybe they're still under the influence of the crack cocaine they were smoking to buy them in the first place?
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #10250
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Falcon has
New front
New rear
Sync
Rain sensing wipers

That's it.
Sorry, but this is virtually an RSPEC for $25K less.

You forgot to add standard front and rear park sensors, reversing camera, DRL's, black headlining, LED rear tail lights, and other stuff I can't think of right now.

Not to mention the unprecedented step to add all that stonk from the RSPEC to the XR8. It's all good, more XR8's for me to try and secure.

That said, I get your disappointment, but I think Ford did a pretty good job with the brief and funding they were given.
6 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #10251
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
Because cars are becoming more gadget originated in line with the rest of the tech savvy world does that mean when the electronics in them start to fail the world will not be smart enough to be able to repair them?

Or do you believe that the expensive to maintain older model Euro’s with rare as hen’s teeth systems that were used in one-off models are classed in the same way as the modern electronics systems that now saturate the world where a first year Electronics Engineer could work on or modify them with their eyes closed will be as expensive repair?

Tech and updating and introducing new gadgets is here to stay and that’s why Ford uses it in their international models.

Tech will evolve with a modern consumer world and the ability to repair old systems will not be instantly lost.

Old systems will be able to be retro fixed and or upgraded with newer tech internals as is the case now with a wide range of older equipment.

And if something becomes irrelevant as they become out dated then what’s the point of buying anything at all. Almost everything will become obsolete eventually.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #10252
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sometimes it's nice to just drive a car with no gizmos or interference. It's not for everyone but it's something I find very appealing when getting a car.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #10253
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Sometimes it's nice to just drive a car with no gizmos or interference. It's not for everyone but it's something I find very appealing when getting a car.
I can agree with you but it’s not for the bulk of consumers and that is where the profit is.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #10254
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep and it's great not every manufacturer panders to that.

Current Rides
Old 11-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #10255
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Falcon has reasonable features for what is basically an FG series 3 that dates back to 08. Also a car thats being discontinued in a couple of years.
SYNC, sat nav, parking sensors front and rear, reverse camera, rain sensing wipers, emergency assist, Wifi, LED tail lamps plus DRLs. Its not like its bare bones. Adaptive cruise was maybe something that would have been handy. The Commodore has some more gimmicks but things like electronic handbrakes are things you really dont want after a couple of years.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #10256
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The electronic hand brake was one reason I walked out of the Holden dealers. I hated it!

Current Rides
Old 11-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #10257
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After seeing the comparison pic of the FGX and FG man the FGX has it all over the FG in looks I will never understand people thinking the opposite.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #10258
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Can we please NOT revisit that argument as per 5 million mod requests, thank you.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #10259
boss engine
Banned

I think FGx is a winner. And those who think it's a step back, wake up to yourself, look at that comparo between a new xr8 and current xr6 turbo, new Falcon is loads better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-10-11 09.08.41.jpg (103.6 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg PicsArt_1412932220140.jpg (130.6 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg PicsArt_1412378181801.jpg (85.9 KB, 184 views)
boss engine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #10260
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
I can agree with you but it’s not for the bulk of consumers and that is where the profit is.
Sure about that? The top selling manufacture in Australia is not known for its gizmos and doodahs
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post