Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #10891
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: FGX, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

You had to show the povo pack AU interior. While I may be heavily biased the high series AU interior IMO is the best by far for an overall package.

The materials are softer and have a higher quality look, its hardly generic..I really do love it.

The B series got all hard, the design is ok but the materials are woeful. The FG is better but its certainly feeling its age.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #10892
elfinke

Huh, when I saw those pics at the top of the page my first thought was 'gee that looks like a nice place to sit while driving'!

Aside from the general lack of flow between sections (square centre console surrounded by swoopy cluster and glovebox, with mismatching curves along the dash from left-to-right) and the cheap, unfortunate driveline-cover plastic, I like it - the leather colour looks a bunch nicer in that photo than I thought it would.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #10893
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Im probably in the minority here, but god i miss my AU.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #10894
icecold84

I'm with you smoke I miss my AU also best car I ever had AU II XR6vct
Old 13-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #10895
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
The FG I believe had one of the best laid out dashes ever fitted to a falcon.
I totally agree. And not to stop there - I've had plenty of other cars that might have had 'better quality finishes' on the plastics, but very few have ever come close to being as comfortable, well laid out, and easy to use as the FG.

My only criticisms involve the cluster buttons - one is trying to reach the trip computer buttons on the side of the cluster while you're driving, and the other is the convoluted method required to vary the cluster illumination (this is where the simple up/down buttons on the VE and older cars was much better).

Apart from that, I feel that it's streets ahead of many other cars, including very recent models that have been released since 2008.

People want to compare it to euro cars & other stuff, but that's taking it totally out of it's segment, and is an unfair comparison. If you were paying $100k for an XR6, then you'd want it to have far better materials, but the fact is you get a helluva lot of car for your money, and Ford still have to try to make a return on the ever decreasing selling prices.

It's the old adage of you get what you pay for. But people still expect to pay Chinese prices, but want euro or Australian quality (and wages). Something has to give, and I reckon Ford have done extremely well with the limited development budget, and ongoing cost to manufacture.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #10896
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
Well you can breathe a sigh of relief, I saw it on Powered By Ford.
Ha! That's probably where he pinched it from!
Old 13-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #10897
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
People want to compare it to euro cars & other stuff, but that's taking it totally out of it's segment, and is an unfair comparison. If you were paying $100k for an XR6, then you'd want it to have far better materials, but the fact is you get a helluva lot of car for your money, and Ford still have to try to make a return on the ever decreasing selling prices.
Terri is in the same boat. For the same car your going euro. The ones in the same price segment are a compromise.
Old 13-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #10898
GSPSI
Calipso Green

I really do like the FG intetior and think it has class.
Sometimes too much class as I find my self nearly having to pull over to find the AC button ect.
Still cant get used to where everything is.

pǝɹoq ʎɐʍ ǝq ʇsnɯ noʎ 'sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı
GSPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #10899
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
You had to show the povo pack AU interior. While I may be heavily biased the high series AU interior IMO is the best by far for an overall package.

The materials are softer and have a higher quality look, its hardly generic..I really do love it.

The B series got all hard, the design is ok but the materials are woeful. The FG is better but its certainly feeling its age.
Well here's your high series...

For what it's worth I agree with you, I owned a Fairmont Ghia and it was by far the best place to sit.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #10900
The Monty
Just slidin'

I had just a fairmont and it was a really nice interior, would love it if Ford had a similar interior these days (quality I mean)
Old 13-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #10901
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

I had an AU Fairlane Ghia, a nice place to be. However, the LCD needing repairs really made a nice cabin look cheap. And it was always a bit too much oval for my liking (even though I love the blue one). And those cruise buttons were horrid!

That said, I did love that car, and still miss it. Oh well, XR8 on the way should fix that!
This user likes this post:
Old 13-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #10902
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Im probably in the minority here, but god i miss my AU.
Which is why I can’t sell mine, it’s to good of an all round car, it might not be the fastest thing on 4 wheel’s (not that I want it to be) but damn it is a fine vehicle to drive, I can do a 8 hr stint in it non stop and feel like I have only driven 2hr’s.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #10903
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know who here follows "support the new 2014 ford falcon" on Facebook but you have probably already read that apparently on model of the new falcon is already sold out! I think it's total and utter BS, what are your thoughts? Obviously they are talking about the XR8!

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #10904
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw my first 2 photos today of this model that I sort of liked.
Not here.

Wasn't post #10891
Definately not it's best angle.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #10905
AUS GRUNT

Quote:
Don't know who here follows "support the new 2014 ford falcon" on Facebook but you have probably already read that apparently on model of the new falcon is already sold out! I think it's total and utter BS, what are your thoughts? Obviously they are talking about the XR8!

Cheers Ryan
Well of all the dealers i've emailed about the xr8...they have all stated there will be limited numbers (around the 1200) with only a slight chance of ford increasing numbers marginally at this stage...but i'm not sure if there sold out or not yet, maybe all the current allocations are sold.
AUS GRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #10906
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers Ryan
I called him out on it and said he shouldn't say the car is sold out if he wants it to sell and his reply was:

Quote:
Support the new 2014 Ford Falcon
Well technically it is. Most dealers are already out of allocations. As usual Ford underestimates its Australian market. They can build more if they want to and they are now seeing the need to. It's not putting XR8 buyers off, because they know something will have to be done as it's not like it's a GTF or a limited edition model. It's a proper factory model like the rest.
One minute it's sold out next minute it isn't,he contradicts himself constantly, some of the bull**** he posts drives me mental.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
turbo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #10907
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As of yesterday a work colleague was quoted a worst-case delivery date of late May or early June 2015 for delivery of a new XR8. No mention of restrictions.

Oh, and the schedules at work (for Miami parts) are still going out as far as August 2015.

I'd say the 14yo is trying to get in early so he can claim he was the first to let everyone know the XR8 sold out. Kinda reminds me of Jim in American Pie....
Old 14-11-2014, 12:52 AM   #10908
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

you guys are a petty bunch... The guy is raising hopes and trying to get people excited over the car. What have you guys done to promote the New Falcon?

The GTF was "Sold out" but it really wasnt. Ford have said they have 13,000 orders for the new mustang whilst it was 13,000 likes on FB.

Get off your high horses and do something constructive. The guy has 40,000 likes and is tirelessly trying to promote the new Falcon, trying to come up with new things everyday! So he takes a few liberties from time to time, he isnt lying. XR8 allocations are sold out and a 6 month wait to me is currently SOLD OUT!

Tall poppy is alive and well... Take it somewhere else.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #10909
Freiherr

The maths indicate that XR8 will sell out. A dealer told me that only 19 Miamis can be assembled per week. 1200 total units is probably a realistic number. Can more be produced?Who knows?
500 GTFs were sold in 24 hours, anything is possible with a 20K cheaper missile. I have ordered mine about a month ago, I would love to see how many orders in total are out there.
And this is all before the official media saturation!
I think for the lucky XR8 owners-to-be, the Falcon last hurah and celebrations will last for many years beyond 2016.
Freiherr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #10910
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiherr View Post
The maths indicate that XR8 will sell out. A dealer told me that only 19 Miamis can be assembled per week. 1200 total units is probably a realistic number. Can more be produced?Who knows?
500 GTFs were sold in 24 hours, anything is possible with a 20K cheaper missile. I have ordered mine about a month ago, I would love to see how many orders in total are out there.
And this is all before the official media saturation!
I think for the lucky XR8 owners-to-be, the Falcon last hurah and celebrations will last for many years beyond 2016.
I can tell you that is not true. Tell your dealer to stop selling lies and try selling cars.

Agreed with everything else you posted though! Congrats on placing an order for one of these beasts!
Old 14-11-2014, 01:32 AM   #10911
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
you guys are a petty bunch... The guy is raising hopes and trying to get people excited over the car. What have you guys done to promote the New Falcon?

The GTF was "Sold out" but it really wasnt. Ford have said they have 13,000 orders for the new mustang whilst it was 13,000 likes on FB.

Get off your high horses and do something constructive. The guy has 40,000 likes and is tirelessly trying to promote the new Falcon, trying to come up with new things everyday! So he takes a few liberties from time to time, he isnt lying. XR8 allocations are sold out and a 6 month wait to me is currently SOLD OUT!

Tall poppy is alive and well... Take it somewhere else.
Maybe he could promote the Falcon using facts though, instead posting unconfirmed rumours as facts. It seems of late that he just posts click bait to try and get likes so he can brag to his mates at school.
I agree he has done a good job of collecting followers, promoting the Falcon and trying to create excitement but he hasn't done a very good job of informing his followers. Scroll through comments on his posts or even posts on his wall, the amount of people that say "I thought the XR6 turbo was going to have 310kw" proves this. Noticed one where a bloke was surprised when his dealer told him there wasn't an XR8 ute.
More facts and less dribble is all I ask for. If that makes me "petty" then so be it.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
turbo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 03:43 AM   #10912
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the guys Facebook page it's just that some of his posts and claims are out there. Yes he has done a great job at promoting the new falcon just keep the stuff factual. I guess some people simply have a higher tolerance for BS than me. At the end of the day mines ordered so if they are or soon to be sold out it doesn't really matter to me. Just though someone here may have some more factual info.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #10913
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The more bull**** he spins, the more people will walk away thinking the wrong thing, and this has the opposite affect. Look at the misinformation he has spread rampantly.

Stick to the facts is all I'm saying, and is all the REAL buyers want to see.

Seems the efforts put in to gather as many likes as possible are more important than posting facts.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #10914
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I can tell you that is not true. Tell your dealer to stop selling lies and try selling cars.
Just the usual salesman tactics. Push low stock figures to try and get anxious buyers to put down a deposit to secure theirs.

Combined with many people on the internet talking BS and saying "Oh yeah I'm 100% definitely going to buy an XR8 - Hope I don't miss out" etc etc, but then when the time comes they can't put their money (literally) where their mouth is.

Or the really hardcore buyers who have put deposits down at multiple dealers to secure their ride. The extra pre-orders will available to the masses, too.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #10915
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

If anyone believes anything anyone says on FB, then shame on them. I read the support page, have some chuckles, scratch my head at times, and shake my head at some of the comments, but his passion is top notch and he has done far more for sales than Ford to date. Hoping that will change though.

But considering the lack of info coming from Ford, and the rumours swirling around as a result, it's no wonder that page sometimes has incorrect info. We can't even agree on sold out/still available, 1200 V8's, 2500 ZF's, etc.
Old 14-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #10916
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

I'm also not convinced that the dealers are scaremongering. Some couldn't organise a root in a brothel, yet they all have the same figure on engine numbers? Not buying it.
Old 14-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #10917
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
I'm also not convinced that the dealers are scaremongering. Some couldn't organise a root in a brothel, yet they all have the same figure on engine numbers? Not buying it.
I think that rumour has gained so much momentum, everyone is subscribing to it. And now everyone is on the same story. I did a tour of the engine plant a few weeks ago and met all the guys who build the engines. I cannot disclose any more other than that number is BS.

Bit like fuel servos not working together but strange that all put their prices up on the same day at the same time by the same amount.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #10918
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4 View Post
Maybe he could promote the Falcon using facts though, instead posting unconfirmed rumours as facts. It seems of late that he just posts click bait to try and get likes so he can brag to his mates at school.
I agree he has done a good job of collecting followers, promoting the Falcon and trying to create excitement but he hasn't done a very good job of informing his followers. Scroll through comments on his posts or even posts on his wall, the amount of people that say "I thought the XR6 turbo was going to have 310kw" proves this. Noticed one where a bloke was surprised when his dealer told him there wasn't an XR8 ute.
More facts and less dribble is all I ask for. If that makes me "petty" then so be it.
I think when people saw the XR8 getting the 335 motor from the GT, it was a common assumption that the XR6T might get the 310 motor from the F6. Thats what drip feed launches are meant to do. Get people talking, get people throwing out what they think the car will look like. No different to the GTF and none of us knowing what the power output will be. 351kw on a hot day, 425kw on a cooler day, 404kw on the in-between day. Thing is, it generates discussion and awareness.

The guy cant be slammed for quoting and pushing what no one knew and he has corrected comments once the facts were found out. You cant call someone a liar if they thought the GTF would come with GTP seats early in the piece. The description was such. Similarly, the Pursuit ute was meant to have things that got deleted last minute (rear mirror auto dimmer, etc) doesnt make peoples opinions lies, it just means things might have changed and hindsight is 20/20. It was FACT The Ute was going to get some extra features, it is also FACT now that it missed out. Which FACT are you going to hold on to?
Old 14-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #10919
Sioso
irregular member

FGX models including XR8 are now up on carsales, still no pics or prices but specs are there.
Be interesting to see some dealer prices in the next week or two.......
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #10920
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Wallace View Post
FGX models including XR8 are now up on carsales, still no pics or prices but specs are there.
Be interesting to see some dealer prices in the next week or two.......

Um............56500k DA for manual, 59000k DA for auto, except for WA?

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post