Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2006, 04:48 AM   #91
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

It was a bloody great crusie... :eclipsee_
We started with 8 cars (5 Au's, 1 Ef, 1 Ed and 1 Ba)

Basicly did what was posted above.
It was cold and windy up at Arthurs seat but nice all the same.

3 cars had to head home from Frankston Macca's. : (2 Au's and the Ed)
Thanks for making it that far and making it a great night.
Then 1 more Au meet us at Macca's followed by a Brock Ea meeting us at sth land.

Off to the Marina where 2 more E-Series boys joined us for the cruise home.

It was a great night for something bashed together last minute.:SaiyanSmi
Thanks to everyone who came out and even to the people that contributed to this thread but couldnt make it along.

Off track to some degree but funny..

We came across a P plater (no offence to P plater's) in his Cough Cough holden ute. (late model, all look the same to me)
He was chirppen every gear. On and off the throttle making alot of noise. Let say it sounded the good's. :jab:
He thought he was quick beating EF XR8 (on GAS) and a few of the other cars to the speed limit.
After he saw my display of Zero to speed limit he no longer wanted to play.:

He even pulled up to one of the other cars and said, Ohhh I'm running out of fuel man. :

Cheers................kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #92
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sounds like a great night was had by all, except that crummydore driver of course! LOL!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 02:44 PM   #93
EFFalcon
Last warning

oh was that last ngiht...
oops
i thought it was tonight :P
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #94
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Genral thought is to try + make it a bi monthly cruise, that should be a bit easyer to plan for also gives a bit more time to sorce out some destinations,
anyways feed back will make it happen, or not .... :
cheers Whoosha..
P.S thanks again all who came ............... :evil_laug :evil_laug

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #95
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Great night guys and couldn't have met a nicer group of people and the funny ones offcourse, was an enjoyable cruise and had a laugh along the way.
Woosha what can I say but you are one in a million, great to have met you all and hope for more cruise nights to come.

Kev, you and youre ute are CRAZY. : :

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #96
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fantastic night. Lets do it again real soon
HOTC2R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 02:55 AM   #97
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking When next?

When is it going to be on next?

Cheers

Simon

Hopefully a thursday night maybe?
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #98
BJMXR

Yeah guys, i'd be fully keen to come along to the next one with a bit of notice. Was planning on meeting you all at bunnings (as i was headed to Moorabbin) but was a bit late... either way, a bi-monthly sounds like the ducks guts...

So whens the next one? Lets get it under way hey! ;)

Oh, and OZFORDAU, i reckon thursday might be good too to get even more numbers...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
BJMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2006, 03:33 PM   #99
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
Yeah guys, i'd be fully keen to come along to the next one with a bit of notice. Was planning on meeting you all at bunnings (as i was headed to Moorabbin) but was a bit late... either way, a bi-monthly sounds like the ducks guts...

So whens the next one? Lets get it under way hey! ;)

Oh, and OZFORDAU, i reckon thursday might be good too to get even more numbers...
Yeah, more notice would be good! Thursday night people may be a bit more free, as friday night people normally go out n party lol....

Cheers

Simon
Old 27-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #100
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Working on the next one soon all ideas are welcome
the last one finished at 300am which mite make a thursday night a bit tuff if you have to front for work friday but will take it on board sleep: sleep:

cheers Whoosha..........

Quote:
Old 27-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #101
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post How about the Dandenong Ranges?

How about a cruz around the Dandenong Ranges? I would say leaving leaving just b4 sunset and heading up towards the hills! And head up towards Sky High! Beautifull view of all of Melbourne! Then head somewhere around the hills area! Is up to you but a suggestion only! Would be great thou! Sky High would be great thou...

Cheers

Simon :
Old 27-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #102
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

I think the roads and places we went/visited were perfect, the fact that we stopped for a bite and a chat was great as we picked up a few cruises along the way and covered alot of Melbourne.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #103
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Working on the next one soon all ideas are welcome
the last one finished at 300am which mite make a thursday night a bit tuff if you have to front for work friday but will take it on board sleep: sleep:

cheers Whoosha..........
Whoosha,

We just need to start them earlier.. :
Old 28-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #104
BJMXR

I think 7pm is realistic for most of us to leave work and meet up? Either way, im thinking we should DEFINATELY organise another one soon. Still spewing i missed this one.

And BLUEPRNT XR8... DAMN your new wheels are nice!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
Black Leather Interior
Old 28-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #105
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMXR
I think 7pm is realistic for most of us to leave work and meet up? Either way, im thinking we should DEFINATELY organise another one soon. Still spewing i missed this one.
I agree with that one. 7pm is more realistic.
Old 29-03-2006, 12:53 AM   #106
StorminaTcup

Also, agree with Woosha that needs to be a Friday/Saturday. We always seem to be out later than intended (Even if we did have to leave earlier this time round). It wont make any difference if we start at an earlier time, as time flies when your having fun.
StorminaTcup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #107
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
How about a cruz around the Dandenong Ranges? I would say leaving leaving just b4 sunset and heading up towards the hills! And head up towards Sky High! Beautifull view of all of Melbourne! Then head somewhere around the hills area! Is up to you but a suggestion only! Would be great thou! Sky High would be great thou...

Cheers

Simon :
OMG - Sky High ! - that mountain brings back scary memories from years back for me ..lol , last time i was there i finished my brake pads off half way down the hill in my old XE, bloody hilll was that steep that even trying to drop back gears to slow down it was over-reving my engine..(was an auto too ! )...brakes metal to metal shuddering under my foot , engine over-reving, could hardlly slow down !. By the time i got down the bottom of the hill i had smoke pouring out from around the front guards , the discs were purple/white hot ! , couldn't even toutch the rims . I remember just sitting there waiting for it to all cool off and maybe for the front tyres go pop too from the heat. All was sorta ok half hour after and drove it home with just the handbrake :( .
That hill would be good for anyone who wants to test out their brakes ! , excellent drive though , really nice scenery and great views over all of melbourne CBD . Maybe worth looking into for a cruise 1 time . ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #108
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
OMG - Sky High ! - that mountain brings back scary memories from years back for me ..lol , last time i was there i finished my brake pads off half way down the hill in my old XE, bloody hilll was that steep that even trying to drop back gears to slow down it was over-reving my engine..(was an auto too ! )...brakes metal to metal shuddering under my foot , engine over-reving, could hardlly slow down !. By the time i got down the bottom of the hill i had smoke pouring out from around the front guards , the discs were purple/white hot ! , couldn't even toutch the rims . I remember just sitting there waiting for it to all cool off and maybe for the front tyres go pop too from the heat. All was sorta ok half hour after and drove it home with just the handbrake :( .
That hill would be good for anyone who wants to test out their brakes ! , excellent drive though , really nice scenery and great views over all of melbourne CBD . Maybe worth looking into for a cruise 1 time . ;)

Jobs right we"ll send you down first that way we don"t have to worry about being rear ended :Reverend: :Reverend: seriously but, we all are pretty well behaved with forums stickers + AU dot com on our cars as well as haveing some nice shiney rides we don"t wont the wrong attention drawn to our selfs (save the serious stuff for our heathcote drag days) :monkes:
and me being the senior member I must set a good example or left sholder recieves attention from mrs Whoosh : next cruise is still under discusion will post something up soon
Cheers ......Whoosha :thebirds:

Quote:
Old 29-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #109
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
AHHHH, reminds me of the days of my XB GT Coupe. From the lookout to my drive way in Boronia in around 15min or so on the "OLD" bitumen Mountain Highway!
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #110
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Jobs right we"ll send you down first that way we don"t have to worry about being rear ended :Reverend: :Reverend: seriously but, we all are pretty well behaved with forums stickers + AU dot com on our cars as well as haveing some nice shiney rides we don"t wont the wrong attention drawn to our selfs (save the serious stuff for our heathcote drag days) :monkes:
and me being the senior member I must set a good example or left sholder recieves attention from mrs Whoosh : next cruise is still under discusion will post something up soon
Cheers ......Whoosha :thebirds:
Becuase this thread is so long, would it be a good idea to post a new thread on the topic of another cruise?

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #111
BJMXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Becuase this thread is so long, would it be a good idea to post a new thread on the topic of another cruise?

GK
True, either way i'll be keeping up to date on this thread if its an old one or a new one.

I have a feeling it'll be a big cruise going by how many of us are interested in the BBQ... and will ultimately find out about the cruise. see how it goes!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
Black Leather Interior
Old 30-03-2006, 02:41 AM   #112
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Haha

Quote:
ABS is all i have to say for me....LOL wheter it will do something coming down that hill i don't know lol! Nah but the Dandenong's would be a great drive!

Cheers

Simon :