Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #91
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphy
na the jimny is just like a normal cop car....well the one i saw was anyways

The pink one was a while ago, but was marked. Might have been for evaluation and now they have a full timer...
Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #92
NAFairlane

was talking to someone lastnight, apaarently there is an XF Falcon with surfboards on the roof, (doesnt even look roadworthy) hanging around in Victoria, could be a new initative as someone mentioned before that there was an old beat up commodore getting around
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #93
swanee
spoolin!

Tried to be baited by a Dash green FG F6 sedan in Blacktown about 2 weeks ago.

Come right up behind me (to the point of tailgating me), I moved into the left lane, he come up along side me (I immediately saw the computer and radar on the dash), then gave it a boot past me. I wasnt in the mood to do anything as it was 1am in the morning.

He took off and then turned off with the lights on at 100mph.

Previous Rides - 2014 Black Mica PX XLT Ranger Dual Cab 3.2 Diesel

2011 FPV GS 315 Sedan. Sunburst, manual, fully optioned. Build #165.

My 1955 Ford Thunderbird Project (A tribute to my late mother) - 1955 Thunderbird Build Thread
swanee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #94
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanee
Tried to be baited by a Dash green FG F6 sedan in Blacktown about 2 weeks ago.

Come right up behind me (to the point of tailgating me), I moved into the left lane, he come up along side me (I immediately saw the computer and radar on the dash), then gave it a boot past me. I wasnt in the mood to do anything as it was 1am in the morning.

He took off and then turned off with the lights on at 100mph.
While we have well and truly covered the whole entrapment thing in this thread already, I do feel that is going a bit far. Ive had an unmarked SS try and egg me on here but its a dead giveaway when they actually seek you out in traffic to do it.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #95
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
While we have well and truly covered the whole entrapment thing in this thread already, I do feel that is going a bit far. Ive had an unmarked SS try and egg me on here but its a dead giveaway when they actually seek you out in traffic to do it.
Yeh anyone who races a late model FPV or Holden is really silly.. They are getting very sneaky with these cars in QLD, putting private plates on them, stickers, all kinds of garbish.. Its easier to do the speed limit nowadays, makes big v8s and turbos a bit redundant, kinda why I only drive an XR6 ute for work.. :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #96
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
There's a blue XR6T with royan2 plates that I often see on the Hume Highway in Liverpool. Just about all the unmarked Fords I've seen have small blue and red LED's beside the numberplate.
Royans Transport Smash Repairs.. They hang around all the major highways looking for truck accidents / crashes.. They also have a VE International in Gold with Royans on the plate in QLD, its got a set of LED flashes on it and antennas, good tin copper cars, they must be real desperate for work to run these things on major highways all week just looking for prangs!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #97
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
XR-CHIEF & Left. I'm sorry I thought we were in Oz not England.

Very rarely heard them called that here. They're usually just refered to as 'plain' cars.

Maybe it's a Qld thing
Early 90's they use to call them Q Cars..

Back the late 80s in qld when they were yellow they would call them yellow bellys.. lol!!

Nowadays we refer to them on the UHF as either candy cars (the coloured ones) or plain wrappers LOL!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #98
Meg's GT's
1 is good but 2 is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Royans Transport Smash Repairs.. They hang around all the major highways looking for truck accidents / crashes.. They also have a VE International in Gold with Royans on the plate in QLD, its got a set of LED flashes on it and antennas, good tin copper cars, they must be real desperate for work to run these things on major highways all week just looking for prangs!
When the sign up payout is in the thousands for a truck stack you can easily see why they work the highways and travel 100's of k's to a truck stack.
Meg's GT's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #99
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Is that the Blue one Aust ?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #100
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
This one is definitely driven by a cop, has all the gear on the dash, LED's in the rear and have spotted it parked at a couple of RBT's recently.

Blue XR6T.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #101
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Yeh anyone who races a late model FPV or Holden is really silly.. They are getting very sneaky with these cars in QLD, putting private plates on them, stickers, all kinds of garbish.. Its easier to do the speed limit nowadays, makes big v8s and turbos a bit redundant, kinda why I only drive an XR6 ute for work.. :
At least in Sydney, the unmarked choice appears to be Ford. I've seen a couple of XR8's with GT stripe kits, XR6T's but many unmarked F6's. Saw 3 F6's today over a 100km trip.

Not as many SS's as there used to be, only in the marked variety.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #102
Jondalar
Formely FG G6E Turbo

I've seen a Silver G6ET Northside of Brisbane, but not super recently, also a maroon VW Passat/Jetta, was not sure which.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #103
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Are the Australian Police bounded by law to tell the truth?

What I mean is, they are allowed to omit the fact that the car they are driving is not a police car (unmarked cars).

If someone was to print and sell "Not a Cop" style bumper stickers, would the unmarked police be able to put them on their cars?

No more entrapment, no more dirty tactics. Unless they have the "Not a Cop" sticker, treat them as marked police cars. Chances are they will be if they are trying to entice law breaking.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #104
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
Are the Australian Police bounded by law to tell the truth?

What I mean is, they are allowed to omit the fact that the car they are driving is not a police car (unmarked cars).

If someone was to print and sell "Not a Cop" style bumper stickers, would the unmarked police be able to put them on their cars?

No more entrapment, no more dirty tactics. Unless they have the "Not a Cop" sticker, treat them as marked police cars. Chances are they will be if they are trying to entice law breaking.
I think you'll find if it's licensed to the Police force it's a Police car no matter what!

Quite a few years ago the Vic force even tried an old F100 with a couple of hay bales in the back on the Hume Hwy. It was still a police car.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #105
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see a green VE SS ute around Gladstone on the Bruce highway quite reguarly, usually with some one pulled over.

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #106
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
I think you'll find if it's licensed to the Police force it's a Police car no matter what!

Quite a few years ago the Vic force even tried an old F100 with a couple of hay bales in the back on the Hume Hwy. It was still a police car.
No I mean that if there was a sudden popularity of people putting "Not a Cop" bumper stickers on their cars (to help distinguish the unmarked muds), would the fuzz be allowed to use them on the unmarked cars, or would they be bound by law to tell the truth?
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #107
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a bumper stick isn't a legally binding statement?
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #108
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
No I mean that if there was a sudden popularity of people putting "Not a Cop" bumper stickers on their cars (to help distinguish the unmarked muds), would the fuzz be allowed to use them on the unmarked cars, or would they be bound by law to tell the truth?
It's a myth that an undercover has to answer yes to, 'are you a cop?'
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #109
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Is that the Blue one Aust ?
Sorry for the late reply - yes it was. Notice there is another blue one now, plates start with 'BC', a Red one that has plates starting with 'BE' and a bright green on with 'BD' - all SS's unmarked.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #110
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
It's a myth that an undercover has to answer yes to, 'are you a cop?'
It would make undercover work very difficult if they had to answer yes to that question..... :

Guess it's not too bad in WA then..... over here they still stand out like dog ***s.

As for plates etc, over here at least, some vehicles have more than one set assigned to them and for obvious reasons, they are not all licenced to the WA Police Force.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #111
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

True, but maybe they are permitted to lie if they are actively in the process of an undercover process.

If an unmarked mud pulls up next to me at the lights with the intention of baiting me into a race, and I ask "Are you a Cop?" and he says "No", then I perhaps wouldn't tell him that the bloke in the passenger seat is carjacking me, or that the man behind him has just been mugged.

One would assume that they have a responsibility to be reasonable and just, and not blatantly risk perverting justice if no crime has been committed and they are not performing some sort of undercover investigation.

If the unmarked muds advertise a "Not a Cop" bumper sticker, then some upstanding citizen may not feel compelled to tell them about the crime they just saw committed, and the whole purpose of the mud being on the road in the first place has just been defeated.

Then again, since when are police required to have any respect for the law?
Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 AM   #112
Baron.LSN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Guess it's not too bad in WA then..... over here they still stand out like dog ***s.
I've seen and heard of quite a few properly undercover cars here in Perth...
Baron.LSN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #113
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
If an unmarked mud pulls up next to me at the lights with the intention of baiting me into a race, and I ask "Are you a Cop?" and he says "No", then I perhaps wouldn't tell him that the bloke in the passenger seat is carjacking me, or that the man behind him has just been mugged.
I don't know why you feel the need to go a little far fetched to make a point about a pointless sticker.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #114
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

I don't know why you feel compelled to make a point about making a need to make a point about a sticker that is clearly not pointless.

There must be some sort of mark we can have as car enthusiasts that can be used to distinguish us from the Entrapment Squad.

A piece of tape on the rego sticker, or a particular license plate bracket or something.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #115
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ah its simple, unmarked cars do not have licence plate brackets/surrounds, if you're dumb enough to pull a stupid move on the road without having a quick squiz around to check your surroundings then you deserve to be caught.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #116
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
I don't know why you feel compelled to make a point about making a need to make a point about a sticker that is clearly not pointless.

There must be some sort of mark we can have as car enthusiasts that can be used to distinguish us from the Entrapment Squad.

A piece of tape on the rego sticker, or a particular license plate bracket or something.
It's like the 'everyone, don't buy petrol for a week' brigade to wrest control of the price of fuel back from large conglomerates - only worse.

Unless you were to stick a 'not a cop' sticker that's highly visible day or night on every panel of your car, what will it achieve? Ok, so it's not a cop - but then again it may well be since a cop can stick a not a cop sticker on his unmarked car...! But!! For those who refuse to stick the same sticker on their F6 looking unmarked cop car (read: everyone else), you're back at square one.
Old 13-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #117
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

I was gonna add something but i'm still laughing at you guys
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #118
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
I was gonna add something but i'm still laughing at you guys
You stole my sig!
Old 13-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #119
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Cool

Quote:
You stole my sig!
Damn straight its a classic , rep coming your way ;) i've given out too much in the last 24hrs .....
Cheers , i have a list of plates as well as pics but i'm not sure if its right to give the game away ?
I mean every morning i am getting tailgated by RED P platers up the M1 (most are white commo's)... doesn't matter what sex , i hate to think how their parents drive !!!!!!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #120
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the award for pointless thread tangent goes to!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post