Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #91
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Unfortunately, to the Americans, the easiest person to point the finger at is Troy.. We can only hope that when he faces the jury they understand the situation that Troy was and is in now..
I cannot begin to understand the pain and trauma that those parents who lost their kid's are going through and can somewhat understand that they want someone brought to justice, but putting the blame solely on Troy IMO is totally unfair..

EDIT: Petition Signed
Spot on the blame needs to be shared it shouldn't rest with one person, maybe they don't want to point the finger at there police, Fire brigade, the person looking after safety, or the promoter.... I also wonder if they done a risk assessment on the site before this public/charity event went ahead, it appears not.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #92
graphixboy
Does it get any better

This is just crazy... Signed!!!
graphixboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #93
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
All honesty though, Troy will never be the same and this incident will haunt him, I doubt he will ever race again let alone be in the scene
He is head mech in his team now.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #94
tom_woolley

Just talkin to one of me mates, he rekons Troy got a hundred years is this true? I hope not.
tom_woolley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #95
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

Haven't seen anything through Google News yet tom. I'd say your mate was telling porkies.
Old 16-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #96
FPVF6X201
Formerly FPVwannabe

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Slotted front rotors for the TTG write-up and pics. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_woolley
Just talkin to one of me mates, he rekons Troy got a hundred years is this true? I hope not.

As if!

He may not (AND SHOULD NOT) do any time. But the 60 minutes story mentioned possible civil action which could cost him millions.

Sympathies to the families involved, but also sympathies to Troy and his AMERICAN family.

Borla ATAK axle back exhaust.
Hawk ceramic brake pads.
CLStech Ribbon DRL mod.
X Lume illuminated grille badge.
Injen CAI.
FPVF6X201 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 11:50 PM   #97
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

for those that havn't seen the story on 60 minutes, heres a link a 2 part story on youtube.
Selmer drag crash 60 Minute special
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgipzjKQ4mA
part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo8fuFwyfLw

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #98
Wally
XP Coupe

So if any of you were invited to witness an organised event that featured a high powered car doing burnouts, would you half expect something could go wrong and make sure you put a good distance betweenyourself and injury? Would you drag your kids along and give them a kirbside seat? If you were driving the car, would you take the risk of injuring the morons? Well yes you would on both counts if you were going through puberty.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #99
scoupedy

Why would you stand in front of a car like that with no protection?
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #100
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Signed and forwarded to mates
Uncle Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 08:53 AM   #101
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Troy Critchley Avoids Jail

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/aus...306938568.html
Uncle Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #102
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats great news for troy

wonder what the conditions of the probation are

Quote:
August 13, 2008 - 6:23AM

Australian drag racer Troy Critchley has negotiated a deal that will keep him out of an American jail.

The Queensland-born, Texas-based Critchley was facing life in prison, but in a plea deal agreed upon with Tennessee prosecutors and supported by families of the victims, he was sentenced to one year of probation and a suspended one year jail sentence.

He will only go to jail if he violates the probation.

It is a huge relief for Critchley.

The 37-year-old generated worldwide headlines last year when his high-powered performance car skidded out of control at a charity event in the town of Selmer, Tennessee, and crashed into the crowd.

Six spectators, aged 15 to 22, died and 22 other people, including a five-year-old boy, were injured.

Critchley was originally charged with six counts of vehicular homicide and 22 counts of reckless aggravated assault that could have sent him to jail for 90 years.

Under the deal, the charges were dropped and replaced with 28 counts of reckless simple assault.

Critchley is expected to enter guilty pleas to the charges in a Tennessee court on Thursday.

Critchley was known as the "Burnout King" for his expertise in performing the stunt at charity events and drag shows.

In an interview with Australian TV news show 60 Minutes earlier this year he said his memories of the crash would forever haunt him, but he does not know how to apologise to the victims.

"I don't know how I can ever say that I am sorry," he said in the Nine Network interview.

"I will be sorry for the rest of my life."

AAP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #103
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fantastic news, and appears to be the commonsense decision...... Im shocked that a yankee has shown commonsense!!!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #104
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well done to everyone who signed the petition. people power at work. a great result.
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #105
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Awesome news... So the Yanks did come to their senses and stopped pointing the blame squarely at Troy..
Old 13-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #106
XlR8TED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Awesome news... So the Yanks did come to their senses and stopped pointing the blame squarely at Troy..
If you read the article on 'The Australian', it mentions that the plea deal was the idea of the victims relatives. It then mentions that the criminal side of things concluding will speed up the civil damages.

So in other words, they're simply greedy bastards who want money and in all likelyhood, don't give a %*$@ about where the blame lies.

From the article:

"In a twist, it was the victims of the crash, who had criticised Critchley and the charity event's organisers in the days after the crash, that relented and called for the lenient plea deal. "

and

"The deal will fast-track the civil suits, which reportedly seek $US100 million ($113 million) plus in damages from Critchley, his race team's owners, sponsors and officials of the city of Selmer. "

Still, a good result for him regardless of the reasons.
XlR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post