Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #91
cartaa100
FG POWER

Default Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
I doubt they'd have any reason to do it, plus don't car's have to be sub 200kW to be P-plate legal?

hahah awkward my fg is sitting around 225 flywheel kw

:P

stock on 98ron there 208kw 420nm
Old 23-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #92
cartaa100
FG POWER

i own a fg xr6 atm

for the update id be happy for minor changes like:

projector lights on xr6 upwards
side mirror indicators from xr6 upwards
possibly touch gps standard from xr6T upwards.
and maybe a few changes to body work

if ford had a bigger budget id hope for:

a front and rear facelift (something maybe to make the rear of the xr's look lower but it maybe hard to do that without looking like just a big slab of plastic.
personally id love to see a diesel egine in the falcon like the 2.7L tezza egine i think that would be a major step up in the australian car market bringing over SOME euro diesel buyers i think itd be so great to see a diesel falcon!! but probz wont happen
Old 23-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #93
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
You know. People talking about all the minor things has kinda thrown me off...I wish I could just look at a car and think "that's nice" not.... "it doesn't have this or this".

******* Forums
You know as well as I do that the worst enemies of this car will be on this forum and no matter what equipment or styling it will have, people will still whinge and nitpick.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 23-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #94
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Any idea if "The New Falcon" will be at the Melbourne Motor Show?
Old 23-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #95
RASER
Banned

Question **SOS** Re: FG Series II, When?

[quote=Wretched]Is the Commodore really selling that well? Look at its range and the figures.
The Falcon and Commodore are not selling.
quote]

Falcon sales are a total disaster, take a looksie at the Ford plant on Hume Hwy, they have run out of room to store them Falcons, they are doing a SAAB!

I blame Ford management monkeys 100%

The Commodore has been the #1 seller in Oz for 15? years, *not* really sure why, it does not seem any better than a Falcon in any way at all, performance/room/economy/style/price etc, its all very very close.

The Falcon is heading down the Mitsubishi 380 road of no return, i dont think its even in the top 10 anymore, has the alarm bells rang at HQ yet?

Ford did it to themselves, no export, no wagon, no panel van, no LTD, no Fairlane [not farm], no RTV, no nothing and no [bad/poor] future.

Maybe because "Holden" is Australian, [lol] and FORD is seen as American?

How to turn it around:

1.Offer a diesel Falcon [i know its stupid, NO savings, but the punters buy them] most of the work has been already done on the Terri.
2.Bring back all the other models that they have killed
3/Make a range of vans, coupe & soft-top too.[VW Golf style]
4/Reduce the price, should never sell for over $29,990 driveaway, baseline model, price of cars are getting lower and lower, they keep jacking up the price every year and without any need.
6/Kill off the ecoboost engine, cannot see how its going to save anymore than 1 - 2L over the IL6, waste of time and money/effort.
7/"High-tech" the IL6, ie: piston/cylinder shut down on light loads and idle, direct injection, multiair head system from Fiat, then show how it uses LESS fuel than a Corolla, i30 etc.
8/Maybe even offer a hybrid IL6 [NO saving, but makes you seem "green"]
9/Offer free car service to buyers, maybe even offer work/home service
10/Increase the warranty period to 150,000km/5 year
11/Treat buyers as valued, aka royalty [Lexus style]
12/Public to drive a Falcon [only other Falcon owners allowed] non stop around Australia, beat that puppets record in the P1800 Volvo, he is near 3 million miles, has a good head start! [Its going to take 7 years min.!]
13/ Export, export, export, both the USA Law Enforcment and NY taxi fleet would have had a good hard look at them, IF Ford made the effort.
14/Work on increasing the resale value
15/MASSIVE increase in quality of product

Well keep adding to this list, & keep buying Falcons because they need our help!

THE largest cost of Ford ownership is NOT fuel use, NOT servicing etc but depreciation

In the soup!

Last edited by RASER; 23-06-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Mr.Ed
Old 23-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #96
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: **SOS** Re: FG Series II, When?

[QUOTE=RASER]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Is the Commodore really selling that well? Look at its range and the figures.
The Falcon and Commodore are not selling.
quote]

Falcon sales are a total disaster, take a looksie at the Ford plant on Hume Hwy, they have run out of room to store them Falcons, they are doing a SAAB!

I blame Ford management monkeys 100%

The Commodore has been the #1 seller in Oz for 15? years, *not* really sure why, it does not seem any better than a Falcon in any way at all, performance/room/economy/style/price etc, its all very very close.

The Falcon is heading down the Mitsubishi 380 road of no return, i dont think its even in the top 10 anymore, has the alarm bells rang at HQ yet?

Ford did it to themselves, no export, no wagon, no panel van, no LTD, no Fairlane [not farm], no RTV, no nothing and no [bad/poor] future.

Maybe because "Holden" is Australian, [lol] and FORD is seen as American?

How to turn it around:

1.Offer a diesel Falcon [i know its stupid, NO savings, but the punters buy them] most of the work has been already done on the Terri.
2.Bring back all the other models that they have killed
3/Make a range of vans, coupe & soft-top too.[VW Golf style]
4/Reduce the price, should never sell for over $29,990 driveaway, baseline model, price of cars are getting lower and lower, they keep jacking up the price every year and without any need.
6/Kill off the ecoboost engine, cannot see how its going to save anymore than 1 - 2L over the IL6, waste of time and money/effort.
7/"High-tech" the IL6, ie: piston/cylinder shut down on light loads and idle, direct injection, multiair head system from Fiat, then show how it uses LESS fuel than a Corolla, i30 etc.
8/Maybe even offer a hybrid IL6 [NO saving, but makes you seem "green"]
9/Offer free car service to buyers, maybe even offer work/home service
10/Increase the warranty period to 150,000km/5 year
11/Treat buyers as valued, aka royalty [Lexus style]
12/Public to drive a Falcon [only other Falcon owners allowed] non stop around Australia, beat that puppets record in the P1800 Volvo, he is near 3 million miles, has a good head start! [Its going to take 7 years min.!]
13/ Export, export, export, both the USA Law Enforcment and NY taxi fleet would have had a good hard look at them, IF Ford made the effort.
14/Work on increasing the resale value
15/MASSIVE increase in quality of product

Well keep adding to this list, & keep buying Falcons because they need our help!

THE largest cost of Ford ownership is NOT fuel use, NOT servicing etc but depreciation

In the soup!
Thank god your not running the show.. It would have closed down years ago with most of those comments!!
Old 23-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #97
Buntz
Straight Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano
will there also be a diesel in the front of a falcon on this next release???
Ummmm.......

.... No
Old 23-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #98
RASER
Banned

[quote=Joe5619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
Thank god your not running the show.. It would have closed down years ago with most of those comments!!
Well FOMOCO here in AUS are doing a pretty good job of heading down a dead end road themselves, they need to make some big changes, and quickly, do the math, cannot go on like it is.

I see Ford ending up like Nissan and Mitsubishi, a 100% fully imported range of vehicles, at the current exchange rate lots of USA models could well be on the way in the future, F150...yes please!!

That means the end of Falcon and Terri, if they think that injected LPG and Ecoboost is going to turn things around for the Falcon, then they believe pigs fly too

Yours,

A proud Falcon owner!
Old 23-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #99
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You're dreaming if you think this current exchange rate will have any long term effect on the lineup of vehicles offered by Ford. The great days of internet shopping and super duper cheap Thai holidays will not last long enough.
Old 23-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #100
stang65
FPRJET

RASER

Well FOMOCO here in AUS are doing a pretty good job of heading down a dead end road themselves, they need to make some big changes, and quickly, do the math, cannot go on like it is.

I see Ford ending up like Nissan and Mitsubishi, a 100% fully imported range of vehicles, at the current exchange rate lots of USA models could well be on the way in the future, F150...yes please!!

That means the end of Falcon and Terri, if they think that injected LPG and Ecoboost is going to turn things around for the Falcon, then they believe pigs fly too

Yours,

A proud Falcon owner![/QUOTE]

Mate Ford Australia are making money and Have been longer than what Holden has. yes they sell less Falcons than Commodoores but Ford is focussed on increasing profit margin than selling volume and barely making a profit.
Old 23-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #101
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im looking to buy a new XR6 ute mid next year. I hope by then the FG2 or next model is out by then.
Old 23-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #102
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New territory has electronic power steering. Maybe this could be something in the new falcon?
Old 23-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #103
Zero_PSI
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwon
New territory has electronic power steering. Maybe this could be something in the new falcon?
Hope that doesn't make it feel all artificial.
Old 23-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #104
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315

Would be nice.

Most likely have a SVP Falcon to try and get units out before FGII comes out.
Old 23-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #105
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah I doubt FGII will be there, it will kill there current sales more if thats possible.

They will have LILPG..and I am HOPING an extremely good stand just for it to show the benefits, how its no different to owning a petrol, cost saving chart perhaps...I dont know, since I am not on the payroll and spent 10 seconds thinking about it.

The Ranger will get a bit of space aswell, that segment seems to be hot at the moment. New Tezz aswell. those three will be critical.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #106
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes there will have an SVP at the motorshow..

XR Limited Edition sedan and XR limited edition ute..
Old 23-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #107
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

They should do an LPi XR6 Turbo as a one-off show car. Shouldn't be that hard to put together surely?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 23-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #108
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats not a bad idea.

people tend to think taxis and old people when they think lpg. a hi-po lpi might help it shake off its image as a boring engine
Old 23-06-2011, 08:52 PM   #109
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
They should do an LPi XR6 Turbo as a one-off show car. Shouldn't be that hard to put together surely?

Wouldn't have to really run. Just get a power figure and option it up.
Old 23-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #110
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh just do an XR6 Turbo with an FPV kit and put some LPG badges on it..

Only problem is someone would want it, and then whinge because they couldnt have it..

New Ranger should be at the MMS, as with new Focus!!
Old 23-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #111
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its almost worth its own thread, its going to be a good show.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 23-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #112
munkky
turbo mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100
i own a fg xr6 atm

for the update id be happy for minor changes like:

projector lights on xr6 upwards
side mirror indicators from xr6 upwards
possibly touch gps standard from xr6T upwards.
and maybe a few changes to body work

if ford had a bigger budget id hope for:

a front and rear facelift (something maybe to make the rear of the xr's look lower but it maybe hard to do that without looking like just a big slab of plastic.
personally id love to see a diesel egine in the falcon like the 2.7L tezza egine i think that would be a major step up in the australian car market bringing over SOME euro diesel buyers i think itd be so great to see a diesel falcon!! but probz wont happen
the front loooooks mad on the xr and the g6's but the back stays the same mate.

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
Old 23-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #113
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkky
Good, love the *** end of the FG.
Old 24-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #114
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
Hope that doesn't make it feel all artificial.
with all due respect, B series steering feels artificial when compared to older models.
Old 24-06-2011, 09:38 PM   #115
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
Word is no.

Probably a bit too early for it, if the motorshow started a month or 2 later it probably would have been there.

They have too many Falcons sitting around they need to sell, plus the limited edition XR's, and showing a new model might impact on the sale of them.
Old 25-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #116
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Cool Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkky
Do you think the front resembles that of the new Territory or Fords European products (e.g Mondeo, Focus etc)?
Old 25-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #117
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Was out comparing a few cars for a replacement for a BA Futura today, specifically a G6E & a Passat. Anyway, I asked the salesman if he had any idea when the FG series 2 would land and was told Jan-Feb next year. Hope this was not some sales tactic to get us to buy now, as Oct-Nov has been widely suggested for FG2. Maybe he thought I ment Ecoboost? In any case we will wait and see what the update will bring.
Old 25-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #118
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Hope this was not some sales tactic to get us to buy now
Of course it was! Unless he was getting confused with Ecoboost which is due January as Ford have stated.

Old 25-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #119
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Of course it was! Unless he was getting confused with Ecoboost which is due January as Ford have stated.
Figured as much. Not really all that worried, the saleman probably get asked the same question um-teen times a day, in which case Ford need to push it through this for this year or loose more sales.
Old 26-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #120
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

He couldve taken what you asked literally, Ford might launch the car November but it wont see dealers until January.
Closed Thread