Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #121
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Inevitably there are costs involved in running any club, at least at the organisational level.
Being club funds they would ONLY be used for club expenses. Thes expenses would cover issues such as ongoing public liability insurance(sadly a necessary evil in todays economic climate) as well as promotional expenses (original outlay costs for club merchandise, car show banners, possible hire of facilities for meetings etc and the like) and a whole lot of other expenses that go with successfully running a major carclub.
In regards to money buying votes - I believe that most would agree that those that have put their money up front, deserve a say in how the club spends that money, and as such hold more of an entitlement to vote on these issues, then those that haven't put their hands in their pockets. This is by no means lessening the importance of any member, as there will be issues that all members(whether full paying, or associate) would vote upon.
The actual club funding mechanism is still very much open to debate. Whether club funding is sort through sponsorship or membership dues is a subject that needs discussion.
If it is decided that the club is fee free,, and that all funding is sourced thruogh sponsorship $$$$'s. Sponsors will only be willing to come on board if they can see a return on their investment $$$$. Tis perfectly fine to go cap in hand asking for funds so that we can enjoy ourselves BUT you need to have a solid asnwer for them when they ask what an E/N/D Club can provide in return that will make them so willing to part with the hard earned $$$$'s.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #122
andrewts
White Car Driver

The summary of that being that if we aren't willing to put off a pack of ciggies once a year for the club then we'd better all get our headgaskets replaced by sponsers.
andrewts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #123
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
If we end up having to pay for membership per year. Expect that list of members to half.
I dont want to be moved around between these clubs, just to stay on the forums,(EDIT:: To talk about the e-series range) and end up having to pay for privelages..
It needs to be pointed out that, the club side of things will be run in association with general model discussion. And that those wishing to discuss E/N/D model specific content will not be forced to become a member of the club. Tis no different to the AU Falcon, or B Series, or X series clubsites that are here on AFF presently.....
Obviously there will be some benefits to becoming a club member, but 'exclusive access' to the majority of vehicle specific information isn't intended to be one of them.
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #124
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
All modifications demonstrated by users must be legal and not warrant a defective vehicle notice.
Damn, that counts me out :(

Along with anyone else that has lowered their car more than 1", fitted wheels more than 1" bigger than standard, fitted extractors or a loud cat back exhaust, or fitted coloured parkers, or has worn wiper blades, or an oil leak, or a crack in the windscreen in the drivers field of vision, or cracked indicator lenses, or worn seat belts...the list goes on...
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #125
andrewts
White Car Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin

Along with anyone else that has lowered their car more than 1", fitted wheels more than 1" bigger than standard, fitted extractors or a loud cat back exhaust, or fitted coloured parkers, or has worn wiper blades, or an oil leak, or a crack in the windscreen in the drivers field of vision, or cracked indicator lenses, or worn seat belts...the list goes on...
I think at this point in time it is essential that we understand that none of these rules are final! It may well boil down to that rule being scrapped or changed, so don't worry just yet.

Remember we are all going to vote on the rules.

Please also if you have any ideas for rules, please let's hear them!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #126
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for those wanting to be a part of the conversation about the direction of the new club follow this link

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=111667

please feel free to join us

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #127
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself

As for roadworthyness, as a club we need to promote the fact that we aren't about flaunting the law. It isn't our place to determine if your car is RW or not.

I Don't care if your car is 99mm at the lowest point, or your running 18" wheels on a car that should legally only have 17" at a maximum, or if it is a little too loud.

But if your car is obviously unsafe, then it is not a good look for the club.
We do not decide what is roadworthy or not, but we do not want to be cruising alongside cars that are physically dangerous. What ever modifications you do to your car are at your own risk.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #128
efgiar
rofl copter

that rw rule should be changed to at least having decent brakes and tyres. they are essential!

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #129
Allen

Ok, how does this sound to everyone then?

"All cars attending club events, must be properly maintained and safe for all occupents, pedestrians and fellow members."

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #130
SBR_1
soon to be a McDonald :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia

"All cars attending club events, must be properly maintained and safe for all occupents, pedestrians and fellow members."
Sounds like a good one.Cars can be fixed if it hurts someone then its a diff story.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #131
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_ghia

Agreed. (Also it should give me motivation to go and replace my windscreen)

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #132
Browney

Quote:

Yeah that sounds good Allen, I think the concern most people have with what was originally listed is that there are so many common things that could technically warrant a car unroadworthy but aren't normally issues when driving everyday and so wouldn't want to go out of their way for a cruise only to be frowned upon.
But at the same time common sense has to apply and i think that that would cover that pretty well.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #133
Browney

Oh and other than that it looks like things are coming along in well and quite quickly, well done guys.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #134
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin

Im pretty sure they meant dodgey mods. Ie- cut springs etc. No one would be a member if what was said above was taken literally.

$5-10 for a fee is nothing (even $20-30 is cheap), but it helps admin cover costs that will happen. If you cant spare that then how you are driving a car is beyond me.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #135
pHaT`eL
Banned

I think the main thing is people dont want to pay for something they have been able to have for free for as long as they can remember.
What costs would there be?
The way it works with the 'other' club is if you want stickers, you buy them, if you want a map at the cruises you buy one, if you want to attend a club event, you pay for it. Nice and simple.
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #136
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaT`eL
I think the main thing is people dont want to pay for something they have been able to have for free for as long as they can remember.
The way it works with the 'other' club is if you want stickers, you buy them, if you want a map at the cruises you buy one, if you want to attend a club event, you pay for it. Nice and simple.
nice to have you back mate.

yeah i agree fees will be a pain in the *** but see how we go

thats all
Old 07-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #137
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Im pretty sure they meant dodgey mods. Ie- cut springs etc. No one would be a member if what was said above was taken literally.

$5-10 for a fee is nothing (even $20-30 is cheap), but it helps admin cover costs that will happen. If you cant spare that then how you are driving a car is beyond me.

someone was saying that they would pay 100 dollars initial fee, and then 60 or 80 per year there after... thats pretty harsh imo

thats all
Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #138
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
someone was saying that they would pay 100 dollars initial fee, and then 60 or 80 per year there after... thats pretty harsh imo
I have no idea where that came from, but first I have heard of it.

Some other clubs charge fees like that, bu we reliase the bulk of people who own e-series cars dont have huge budgets and the plan is to base fees to make it affordable.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #139
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaT`eL
As has been said plenty of times and seems to be being missed is, is you will have fee paying members and non-feeing based members (associates).

The fee paying members have full voting rights in relation to alot of things (YET TO BE DETERMINED)
The non fee paying members( associates) will have less voting rights.

BOTH groups will be able to still browse, read and post and share in knowledge pretty much as before.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #140
EA2BA
PM me if you want

So far good ideas and discussion the things we need to move forward.

Can we please close the arguement on fees for members for the moment, it has to be all decided and then along with most things will be voted on.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #141
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
I think if you pay for entry to the event, you should be welcome whatever your membership status. That said, I wouldnt be opposed to membership fees, as long as there are real benefits for having done so, not just board voting or elitist cruises.

Edit - 'elitist cruises' was probably too harsh, but you get my drift. None of this is a personal attack on you by the way, just trying to clear up as much as possible.
We could have it like a social club at any work place, those who are members get a subsidised attendance and those are not pay up the full price.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #142
SupahStah
Tha Stah

in the end the membership fees will be up to ffau, if there is or not, how much, and at what intervals aswell as the benifits for becoming a paying member.

from efgiar
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #143
Allen

I think if anything, it will end up like what is currently on AFF... Donating members, whom have their own private section.

That way, normal members will still have the same rights that they did previously.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 09-08-2007, 08:50 AM   #144
efgiar
rofl copter

just wondering has anything else happened so far? any progress?

thats all
Old 09-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #145
andrewts
White Car Driver

Not a whole lot has happened, we are still waiting on some more name suggestions, and I believe there is some progress with the T/C.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #146
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Things will happen, but we want them done correctly, hence its taking some time.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #147
EA2BA
PM me if you want

keep the ideas coming people, so far some very good for thought and consideration

Old 28-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #148
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon it should be renamed EA-EL.

EA-NL just doesn't look right.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #149
SeZZa
Sucker For Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
I totally agree on this. It is for this reason that I voluntarily got myself banned on those other e-series forums.

An EA-DL for sale section would be nice too. The AFF sale yards aren't too bad but you have to sort between EA-DL and other models. With the popularity of them, a thread can be pushed onto the second page within a day of starting it, hence why I believe EA-DL should have it's own.
I'll third that.

With all the crap i've copped from half the old club members, sometimes I feel that I should just forget the forums and do something else instead. It sucks when I really enjoy the company of other car lovers but fear the fact of being attacked by keyboard warriors or being judged and looked down upon because i'm a female. I have noticed that club members won't even talk to me because I am female, or won't even attempt a friendship because I am female. I am just like one of the guys and am here for the same reason as everybody else and would like to have the same friendships and treatments as everybody else.

What i'm saying is that it would rock to be in a friendly club where it's all about the social side and when the meets are on, it can be relaxing and enjoyable for everyone.
SeZZa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 PM   #150
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Sezza,
Thats what forums are supposed to be, and thats what this one will be, regardless of knowledge, sex, race, etc etc, all will be treated the same.

I talked to you, even bought your el fairmont interior

Jason