Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #121
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT290
As it has been tabled already in this thread, a simple imliemntation of speed humps or traffic islands in back streets do work, why speed camers, come on are you even reading this??????

Yes, but are you. LOL ...I'm anti cameras, anti nanny state too.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #122
GT290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Yes, but are you. LOL ...I'm anti cameras, anti nanny state too.
Sorry, mistaken your sarcassim for other, your right. Probably not reading it my self. I will cop that one.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #123
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
I couldn't give you enough rep points for that post LMFAO... agreed 100%

GULL and your other 'Drone mates' YOOT your not excluded, ALL of you have FAILED to explain HOW these hidden stains on society are going to solve the road carnage?.. by what just NOT speeding magically overnight our road toll will be zero?.. will it drop by the mystical 80%? or do you just cop it bukakke style from the government because what they say must be right?.... apparently most people are born with a brain in their heads, it seems a slipping minority *becoming majority* have forgotten how to just think for themselves and all matter of REASON and COMMONSENCE go for a long walk off a very short pier.

Have a think about what your saying, READ some of my posts and others in this thread who have all contributed and given REASON and also solutions towards a better driving standard and improving driver abilities without having a mind numbing speed or camera's up our ford forums safe euphemism's.

I think people have not thought for themselves for a long time. Sheep have been buying holdens for over 50 years have the not?
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #124
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
talking of 15yo's YOOT, did you not finish highschool or just cant read english?.. dont put this onto me this is your humiliation.
I don't follow. But speaking of english, we all learnt to spell in that class, not sure about you though...

Quote:
GULL and your other 'Drone mates' YOOT your not excluded, ALL of you have FAILED to explain HOW these hidden stains on society are going to solve the road carnage?.. by what just NOT speeding magically overnight our road toll will be zero?.. will it drop by the mystical 80%? or do you just cop it bukakke style from the government because what they say must be right?.... apparently most people are born with a brain in their heads, it seems a slipping minority *becoming majority* have forgotten how to just think for themselves and all matter of REASON and COMMONSENCE go for a long walk off a very short pier.
No one has said that, you are drawing conclusions based on one side of the story. What I have said is that the only thing going on in this thread is people complaining about speed cameras simply because they may take your money. That is the true crime, people being more concerned with their money and not road safety. I am well within my right to support them (for reasons other than saving lives), and YOU and EVERYONE ELSE WILL slow down when you go past one. It may not save a life, but if it gets you to slow down, then thats a bloody good start!

The main motivation for having a big in this thread is STILL due to the fact these little babies will suck some money from your pocket, and they may just take your license. That is the real threat to the forum members. Not the fact that your hiding behind the cliche "they don't save lives". They certainly don't kill people either...

By the way you are carying on Ryan (UNR8D), the Qld Police service should expect the sun light to shine out of your ****. You are obviously a shining example of the perfect citizen, who has all the answers. Or maybe you just don't like being wrong.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #125
YOOT
Banned

I have attached the actual camera locations and information on the cameras.

Based on this document they don't come online until Mid 2010, and there is only one mobile digital camera. the rest will be signposted.

Don't get your knickers in a knot just yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pdf_digital_speed_red_light_cameras_factsheet_nov09.pdf (140.6 KB, 80 views)
Old 18-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #126
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

never said in ANY of my posts im a shining light, infact I have a bad habit of making the place look dirty, but where I won’t back down and what you’re NOT getting is the fact of your stance saying that they will save lives is a farce... It wont, It hasn’t and they are putting all their collective efforts into something that is the 2nd least killer on the roads according to their VERY OWN statistics ffs.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #127
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll probably get flamed for this, but on the assumption that speed cameras are here to stay, and not just a passing fad, I'd prefer them to be placed on residential streets than on straight stretches of separated dual or quad lane highways.

I live in a residential sidestreet that is used as a "rat run" between two main roads, and the driving I witness every day of the week is a disgrace. Countless cars of all makes and models roar around the corner into the street, flat pedal it up the straight, and then jump on the anchors, barely giving way at the the other end. Morning, noon and night, 7 days a week. Can be bucketing rain at night, and still the same. I've almost been cleaned-up reversing out of my own driveway as has my wife.

Fortunately, we don't have many kids living in the street, but I have the niggling thought that one day I'll hear the squeal of tyres and the thud of a car hitting a kid, and that'll be it. Its just one of those things that you can visualise happening sooner or later.

Not sure on the opinions of others, but some clown doing slalom between parked cars at 65kph down a narrow residential street deserves a slapping far more than somebody pinged for doing 105kph in a 100 zone on dual carriageway.

If we're going to have to swallow the reality that cameras are here to stay, then at least have them where its genuinely dangerous to speed.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #128
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I'll probably get flamed for this, but on the assumption that speed cameras are here to stay, and not just a passing fad, I'd prefer them to be placed on residential streets than on straight stretches of separated dual or quad lane highways.

I live in a residential sidestreet that is used as a "rat run" between two main roads, and the driving I witness every day of the week is a disgrace. Countless cars of all makes and models roar around the corner into the street, flat pedal it up the straight, and then jump on the anchors, barely giving way at the the other end. Morning, noon and night, 7 days a week. Can be bucketing rain at night, and still the same. I've almost been cleaned-up reversing out of my own driveway as has my wife.

Fortunately, we don't have many kids living in the street, but I have the niggling thought that one day I'll hear the squeal of tyres and the thud of a car hitting a kid, and that'll be it. Its just one of those things that you can visualise happening sooner or later.

Not sure on the opinions of others, but some clown doing slalom between parked cars at 65kph down a narrow residential street deserves a slapping far more than somebody pinged for doing 105kph in a 100 zone on dual carriageway.

If we're going to have to swallow the reality that cameras are here to stay, then at least have them where its genuinely dangerous to speed.
Man, I love these debates. Won't go in to the revenue raising/Anna-Bligh hates-my-Falcon issue, but I totally agree with Brent here - If you're going to stop someone from speeding, I would rather they let the guy doing 130 in a 110 zone on the Warrego Hwy go and focus on the f-wit that winds out 4th gear in his rotary-powered Datsun in my street.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #129
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

no flame here brent, if their placement is JUSTIFIED then so be it, but id still prefer better training/education to have safer drivers not just a sole focus on speed. education about how quicky things can change would IMO have a bigger influence on people doing stupid **** in suburban streets.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #130
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
never said in ANY of my posts im a shining light, infact I have a bad habit of making the place look dirty, but where I won’t back down and what you’re NOT getting is the fact of your stance saying that they will save lives is a farce... It wont, It hasn’t and they are putting all their collective efforts into something that is the 2nd least killer on the roads according to their VERY OWN statistics ffs.
For the record I didn't say you 'said' you are, but you carry on like you do. But I know your not.

Also I never once agreed the cameras save lives (where did you get that from?) I just support them being introduced. They don't do any harm... except to the hip pocket, and that is what my entire debate is about.

No one here wants to pick up on that because they know I am right and they don't want to be the first to admit it.

Shame. Shame. Shame.