NO i'd rather spend that money at the pub i'm too tight 37 3.44%
YES Id' never drive without some form of insurance 899 83.63%
Voters: 1075. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #151
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Arguing with you Rick is like masturbating with sandaper. It's painful and not good for you but it's just not possible to stop.
lol

Quote:
Car didnt make it all the way to the house though, it was an AU wagon beached on the rock garden (the underside would have been screwed) but not before taking out all the powerlines etc by taking out the support cable for the telephone pole.
If (s)he wasnt insured its going to be HUGE $$$. Police, 2 fire trucks, electical guys, amblance, damage to the yard. Thats going to be a big bill.
That's one bill I wouldn't want.

I came close once to hitting a house once but instead swerved after i went thru their front gate and slid across the lawn to their dividing fence.....I was told a cop either/was a family member of the person who owned the joint. My old man fixed their fence so they were happy.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 28-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #152
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
Arguing with you Rick is like masturbating with sandaper. It's painful and not good for you but it's just not possible to stop.
Stop? I haven't even started yet, some people just can't accept other views, they'd rather have a mass debate......

What you don't realise is, I don't care whether you think I'm right, wrong or in between, as I'm simply putting forward a different view, you either like it, or not.
I know I won't lose any sleep because you (or a thousand others) have a different view to me.

Rick.
Old 28-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #153
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Stop? I haven't even started yet, some people just can't accept other views, they'd rather have a mass debate......

What you don't realise is, I don't care whether you think I'm right, wrong or in between, as I'm simply putting forward a different view, you either like it, or not.
I know I won't lose any sleep because you (or a thousand others) have a different view to me.

Rick.
Good on you! you are entitled to an opinion! I agree with some of what you said and disagree with other parts agreed with a most of what XA said too.

You have presented your arguements with some reasoning behind them unlike some of the manic mumblers.
Stick to your guns, there is a bid difference between stong opinions and fanatacism, I wish a few around here could understand that,there is no harm in strong debate.
Old 29-03-2005, 11:58 AM   #154
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox

Rick.
One thing about you ... you are unique.
You obviously misread what I posted .. I don't want to stop you .. way too much entertainment in it.
Old 29-03-2005, 01:10 PM   #155
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

I have a question......does the sandpaper need to be used ??

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
Old 29-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #156
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
I have a question......does the sandpaper need to be used ??
I cant speak from experience on this one, but you would probably get similar results with a fresh sheet of sandpaper! sleep: Maybe someone who knows their grits could comment. :
Old 29-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #157
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

LMAO...this has been one very interesting read...
Just one question...I am confused....
Are you guys talking about NO INSURANCE??? not even Third Party????
Im sorry but thats ****in mad! Its compulsory in NSW I know that much, so does my wallet! I wouldnt have it any other way though!
I am lost for words....I absolutely CANNOT understand why it is not compulsory to get at least 3rd party!?!?
For all you ignorant selfish tight **** so-and-so's please get off our roads! Thats just crazy!
Old 29-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #158
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
Its compulsory in NSW I know that much, so does my wallet! I wouldnt have it any other way though!
The compulsary portion you refer to is for personal injury only. It will not cover you for anything else. So if you crash into a house and injure the occupants, their medical is covered but you are paying for EVERYTHING else... including the house.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 29-03-2005, 03:02 PM   #159
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Ah ok I see, thats where I got confused...I do have 3rd party property, THAT should be a minimum at least!
Old 29-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #160
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

XA Coupe,

Your avatar is friggin painful to look at!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 29-03-2005, 04:59 PM   #161
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Rick:

OK, I accept that this dude will "self insure" to a certain extent, and I see where he's coming from. From memory, you said he had something like 5 vehicles. Let's call seriously expensive insurance on those $5000 a year (i.e. $1000 per vehicle)... So over 10 accident free years, he's banked $50,000, enough for a fairly decent write off of another vehicle. But what happens if he crashes in to a house, as mentioned above?

He could easily cause $100,000 worth of damage. He could cause 400,000 worth of damage, come to think of it. I highly doubt that even the most docile bank manager would lend an extra 100k to pay for accident damage. This basically leaves him with 2 options: Strip assets or declare bankruptcy. What if there isn't enough to cover it?

Do you see that it's not actually a matter of him taking on a risk, rather a matter or him putting others at risk?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
Old 29-03-2005, 05:19 PM   #162
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

I don't go without it.

It's cheaper and easier for me to pay insurance premiums than is it to worry about something happening.
Old 29-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #163
neb
hibernating

hey guys.. you will all be happy to know this thread inspired me to get insurance again... i now have third party fire and theft cover on my car starting from today !
Old 29-03-2005, 06:39 PM   #164
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Some good posts here compared to too many useless threads.
Me I'm always insured.....I will have to tell my son when the time comes go to Bunnings and get wet and dry, spare the embarassment going to the chemist asking for ky gel LOL
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 29-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #165
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
Ah ok I see, thats where I got confused...I do have 3rd party property, THAT should be a minimum at least!
That's a common mistake with you latter day convicts, :Reverend: its a little different to the UK system. And yes your right 3rd party property should be the minimum, I know of more than a few English that mistakenly thought they were insured for property damage. :
Old 29-03-2005, 07:02 PM   #166
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
hey guys.. you will all be happy to know this thread inspired me to get insurance again... i now have third party fire and theft cover on my car starting from today !
Good to hear neb. I wish others would follow suit if they don't happen to have insurance.
Old 29-03-2005, 07:17 PM   #167
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
That is a very smart and responsable Neb... :

I am glad that this thread has had an impact on you and others.

Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 29-03-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 29-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #168
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

i pay just on $2100 full comp all mods disclosed with JUST CAR for full comp, piece of mind really.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
Old 29-03-2005, 07:33 PM   #169
Chucky
Soooo Cute!â„¢

Location: TenderCity™ The Land of Long Hours & Number Crunching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
One of the best things I think I've ever read on a Forum. Well done mate.

Ripping thread guys & gals.. Top reading..

For myself I've been driving for 12 years & have always had full comp on all my vehicles. Should be no other option IMO...
Old 29-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #170
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
Good on you mate.
Great to hear this.
You deserve a big pat on the back.

Hey guys I think we achieved something here
Old 29-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #171
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did anyone in melbourne see the car into a house in reservoir last night ??

Neb .. well done ... you may never need it but if you do you will be thankful of it !
Old 29-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #172
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Neb gets this weeks Green Elephant stamp, for caring and attention. !! :evil_laug
Old 29-03-2005, 08:23 PM   #173
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was paying ~$3300 for the Ghia full comp... worth every cent :P
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 29-03-2005, 09:20 PM   #174
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good to see some people are learning from this thread. (good on ya BEN )was talking about it to a couple of work mates and another said he can't get insurance due to drink driving offences, and speeding offences. high risk, but so far no accident. he doesn't like the situation but has to put up with it.
Old 29-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #175
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankdx
good to see some people are learning from this thread. (good on ya BEN )was talking about it to a couple of work mates and another said he can't get insurance due to drink driving offences, and speeding offences. high risk, but so far no accident. he doesn't like the situation but has to put up with it.

Even more interestingly is whether you can manage to get insurance on your car deankdx!?
What do the insurance vultures have to say about Lexus powered XFs?
Old 29-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #176
neb
hibernating

thanks for the elephant stamp! glad i made some people's day! it does feel good to have some insurance again! i had to go through just car insurance because of the mods to my car. they are pretty good, they allow unlimited mods as long as they are legal. but you have to tell them every modification. also i think they calculate the cost of your insurance on how many mods you have... its costing me $655 for third party fire and theft which i thought wasn't too bad.
Old 30-03-2005, 09:45 AM   #177
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Even more interestingly is whether you can manage to get insurance on your car deankdx!?
What do the insurance vultures have to say about Lexus powered XFs?
hence the thing sits in the yard most(99.5%) of the time, it is still registred as a six and has third party property Damage cover., an engineer has inspected it and it will pass, but needs the roadworthy issues to be fixed so he can do the roasd tests(brakes and suspension) the only mods are lowered,tints,CD player,duel fuel(might not keep as mixer is a restriction) and lexus motor and auto. shouldn't be a problem for some form of propper insurance
no extractors(yet) no extra performance stuff etc. if i did happen to have an accident on the at this stage rare occasion i dive it, theres a good chance they wouldnt need to see my car anyway. there is plenty of engine transplanted cars getting around with insurance once they are engineered, cost may be a little more but thats to be expected.
Old 30-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #178
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Its a pain but you got to pay.
To ensure my second car for an under 21 driver in NSW (he had 1 small prang just after getting his P's) would have cost me $3,500 a year for full comp.
So I bought him an EA Fairmont instead for $1,500 and made him get third party property as well. He reckons he's saving me $$$ now.
Uncle_Ken
Old 30-03-2005, 10:04 PM   #179
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
One thing about you ... you are unique.
You obviously misread what I posted .. I don't want to stop you .. way too much entertainment in it.
Cool, entertaining is good.... ing_sm

Rick.
Old 31-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #180
LTDHO
The one and only

26 = No
181 = Yes

I can't believe the 26 that don't. You will be screwed reallybad one day. I know you've heard the line 'what if you hit a mercedes' but think it will never happen to you. I've seen it happen that often where people are in serious debt and their lives turn to SH1T because they couldn't afford TFT (third Party Fire Theft) insurance.

On my cheapest car I still had TFT, even if insurance is $300 and the car is worth $1500, it is better than owing $100,000!
Insurance also gives you $1,000,000 for liability. That's if you cause damage indirectly. If you are uninsured you don't have this either. Don't think of the car you hit, think of the damage it causes, especially to business. $1,000,000 is easy to add up too!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Closed Thread